Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ga 082 - Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Goldfish Academy
GA Secretary
Hi,
Any comments to my 2 TVRs?

IPB Image

Bought these in Bangkok... happydance.gif

Sorry, don have any other pics of them... n lighting not so good also.. blush.gif

But open to all positive n negative comments... n if u got advice, better still laugh.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(Secretary @ Fri, 24 Jun 2005 8:00 pm)
Hi,
Any comments to my 2 TVRs?

u might like to be more open and discuss it. Dun keep TVR behind the scene.

Matrix
Frankie
i think the one on the right (the shorter one) is a better piece.head,back and oza is better.

i am scratching my head on the origin....bought from bangkok, looks jap though.possibility of jap bloodline.
Frankie
well done! these 2 are much more pleasant on the eye than the other 1 tvr. Difficult to comment with 1 photo but for the one on the right, is the body slightly angled off and back not so smooth before 1/2 way mark from mouth? just very slightly, a nice piece really and with deep head.For left piece, is there a centre divide for part of middle of tail? difficult to see size of tails due to whiteness and shadow, but they look nice, maybe right tail slightly better. nice pieces, i would say spend multiple time on this than the other tvr. Give sun and algae
Frankie
Hi, no experience with TVR.
But really interested to know how you brought them back to your home country?
I am planning to trip to Bangkok this July, still thinking of how to bring back some ranchus shiok.gif
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:10 pm)
Hi, no experience with TVR.
But really interested to know how you brought them back to your home country?
I am planning to trip to Bangkok this July, still thinking of how to bring back some ranchus  shiok.gif

I actually got them from Chatuchak... I had follw some advice fm some RafflesGold members here, on customs clearance in Thailand... (u cn search ard here)... I basically bought them in double layer of plastic packing with dry ice in a stryfoam box.

There is some good shops in Chatuchak but most are the LFS type which u get in SG.. thou my personal view is "grass is slightly greener and cheaper there"... but do expect to bargain but only if u are buying more than 1 fish...
GA Secretary
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:02 pm)
u might like to be more open and discuss it. Dun keep TVR behind the scene.

Matrix

Sorry, what do u mean by more open??
And also don understand what u meant by "behind the scene"...??
Frankie
Are the 2 pics pitures of the same fishes? From the first pic, looks like one fish is longer than the other, whereas from the second pic, they looked abt the same lenght.

The tail colouration looked different too, from the first pic the tails are red/white but from the second pic one has a full red tail and the other has a tail that has more white.

maybe its the photography and lighting, in any case the fishes looked better in the first pic.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:55 pm)
Hi, I'm Frankie post #4; i 'm certain the fishes in both the photos are different or something wrong with its "growing", or maybe as mentioned it's just the photos not being accurate in its representation; do you mind confirming first before i comment further?

Aiyoh, sorry.. the 2 pics r all 4 diff fishes... sorry for the mix up... cry.gif

I got 4 TVRs in BKK and the owner was actually kind enuf to email all 4 in 2 pics... think they must hav made a tidy profit eh..

Its good to know fm some pple who actually know wat they r talking abt... peace.gif

Thanks Frankie!
Frankie
QUOTE(Secretary @ Mon, 27 Jun 2005 3:54 pm)
Aiyoh, sorry.. the 2 pics r all 4 diff fishes... sorry for the mix up...   cry.gif

Of course we know what we are talking about.

The second pic has been deleted, but, the quality of the fishes in the second pic are lousy.

I still maintain that the fishes from 1st pic are good.Can let us know the origin/breeder?

Thanks in advance.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:24 pm)
Of course we know what we are talking about.

The second pic has been deleted, but, the quality of the fishes in the second pic are lousy.

I still maintain that the fishes from 1st pic are good.Can let us know the origin/breeder?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I got them from Chatuchak market, and I have forgotten what is the shop name but I remember I spoke to this 20s lady Nok on buying the TVRs.

And yes, the 2nd pic is not as good .. they were also cheaper... yes.gif

I'll try to find the namecard, let u know if I find it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.