Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pom Pom
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
LoboChan
Hello,

I got these 2 Pom Poms about 6 months back and think it should be about 9-12 months old, but due to the size of my tank - 2 feet, they have not been growing except for the fins.. and also the colours have not matured....

I am still thinking whether to push the colours to maturity or not?
In this case, How should I mature the colours or how should I prevent the maturity of colour?

Any chance I can get them to increase in size in a 2 feet tank?

What is a good feed to increase the pom poms?

Also keen to have any comments about my fishes... thanks!

peace.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
QUOTE(LoboChan @ Sun, 03 Jul 2005 6:19 pm)
Hello,

I got these 2 Pom Poms about 6 months back and think it should be about 9-12 months old, but due to the size of my tank - 2 feet, they have not been growing except for the fins.. and also the colours have not matured....

In this case, How should I mature the colours or how should I prevent the maturity of colour?

Any chance I can get them to increase in size in a 2 feet tank?

What is a good feed to increase the pom poms?

Also keen to have any comments about my fishes... thanks!

peace.gif

it's a side view fish and please at least a side view pic.

dun understand what u meant by "push the colours to maturity" ... too chim.
goldrush

Hi lobo

A rare exhibit of your pompom here.Not too sure how many of us here keep this breed .However your question posted leave us a bit siaoleow.gif siaoleow.gif siaoleow.gif
What do mean color maturity and mature their colors and prevention of its maturity.????????????
LoboChan
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 03 Jul 2005 8:28 pm)
Hi lobo

A rare exhibit of your pompom here.Not too sure how many of us here keep this breed .However your question posted leave us a bit  siaoleow.gif  siaoleow.gif  siaoleow.gif
What do mean color maturity and mature their colors and prevention of its maturity.????????????

Sorry for any misunderstanding & confusion, as I understand, the greyish green colour from my pom poms is due to that they have not fully develop their original colour.. in this case, i think it could be orangish... so in this sense, i am using the word "mature" as the colour has yet to fully developed... let me know if there is another way of expressing that... thks! smile.gif
The Matrix
this are orange brown fish with a pair of red pompons. anyway, officially, should spell as Pompon.

seems like one of them is a dragon variety, pic not clear.

the fish are fading color, that's why it looks like this. for 9 months as u started, no way a baby green color will still be there. provide the fish with a lot of space and regular maintenance on water. This variety of fish require very big water vol and grow to a length of 8-10" exclude tail. slow growth fish.

the tail is way too long and weak. The nostril muscles should be firm and tight yet like a flurry ball. the body is too weak, lack mass.
LoboChan
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 04 Jul 2005 2:03 pm)
this are orange brown fish with a pair of red pompons. anyway, officially, should spell as Pompon.

seems like one of them is a dragon variety, pic not clear.

the fish are fading color, that's why it looks like this. for 9 months as u started, no way a baby green color will still be there. provide the fish with a lot of space and regular maintenance on water. This variety of fish require very big water vol and grow to a length of 8-10" exclude tail. slow growth fish.

the tail is way too long and weak. The nostril muscles should be firm and tight yet like a flurry ball. the body is too weak, lack mass.

Thanks Matrix, u give good pointers n advice. good.gif

To follow up on your msg, have questions:
1) Which one is the dragon variety?

2) What is dragin variety? Where can I read up on this?

3) This 2 fish are stored in a 2 feet tank with a few other GFs.. not kept too good maintenance on them. U mentioned, they need lot of space, what are u think abt? Can a 3 feet tank for both them work?

4) Anything I can do about the tail/nostril muscles or body? Food/supplements?? I feed them Hikari pellets every day and supplement sometimes w another type of pellets from QianHu which is supposed to build up strong fins.

Kam Sia laugh.gif
The Matrix
To follow up on your msg, have questions:
1) Which one is the dragon variety?
2) What is dragin variety? Where can I read up on this?
Dragon eyes instead of normal eyes. Maybe is the fish that got bulging eyes. kekeke ... clear side pic should be able to tell.

3) This 2 fish are stored in a 2 feet tank with a few other GFs.. not kept too good maintenance on them. U mentioned, they need lot of space, what are u think abt? Can a 3 feet tank for both them work?

These are strong and fast swimmers. A space of 100-150L each will be very good for their growth and overall features. Usually the pompon balls will deteriorate over poor water condition. So either large water vol or very regular maintenance.

4) Anything I can do about the tail/nostril muscles or body? Food/supplements?? I feed them Hikari pellets every day and supplement sometimes w another type of pellets from QianHu which is supposed to build up strong fins.

Try a good mix of food. There is no way I can tell u what is good. All depends on the fish and how u control.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.