Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Death Threat
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Death is the most dreaded word few would like to discus but yet there is no escape to this impending threat. Today let me reveal my encounters with death of my fishes in the most unexpected ,often accidental and sometimes iatrogenic way.

Expect the unexpected(how often they say)power failures pump failures are ACT OF POWER SUPPLY beyond our controls and often hit us in the wee hours of the night only to discover our loss the very next day.Not many of us have back up generators and battery powered pumps to rely on. And even if we have one it just fails to kick start in times of emergencies(somehow the scripts are written that way)I am never shy to admit to have lost koi and goldfish to this unforeseen circumstances many a time and still live to tell you of its impending threat.

Death through accidents or negligences are part and parcel of our keeping.Just the other day I wrote that I lost a TVR(Fukami)through a moment of negligence by allowing it to be baked in the mid-day sun in a black tub without adequate aeration.
Another episode of loss was recoreded when I accidentally drain off an entire tank of ranchus(including the fries’parents)without realizing it ! I read of cp’s whiskey’s break that “salt burns” the death of his blackie and a juggler’s mishap resulting in a bowl dropping of Matrix’s favorite TVR. These blips ,bloopers and blunders are for real and not just animated and contorted stories to enliven my stories.

Iatrogenic (treatment by physician)death remain one of the highest recorded form of death induced by our sheer enthusiasm.Many a times we acted like unlicensed physicians to treat unnecessary ailments which results in early deaths of our fish.Diagnosis has been purely physical(macroscopic) with most of us too eager to treat without proper tools and management.

Although death of our fishes teach us how all life-forms are impermanent, we must learn to let go what we fear to lose. Despite our experience and knowledge in keeping our fish healthy, we are not spared of DR DOOM’S DEATH THREAT as He can often manifest HIMSELF in more than one way than others……………………………………

goldrush

death.gif death.gif death.gif
CP
I'd just like to add, when shit happens, it is always your favourite ones that goes.
goldrush
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Tue, 05 Jul 2005 9:07 pm)
I'd just like to add, when shit happens, it is always your favourite ones that goes.

Take it positively that it has absorbed your negative Kamma away.Be thankful

smartalec.gif
The Matrix
death must be meaningful.
if i drop my bowl and learn no lesson from it, then I am stupid.
if i just learn a lesson, then i am dumb.
if i learn a lesson and remedy it, then i know what i am doing.
desireless
Even death threatens the forum.... hmm.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:33 am)
Even death threatens the forum....  hmm.gif

sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif

ooyia boh ooyia boh..................

giveup.gif giveup.gif giveup.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:49 am)
death must be meaningful.
if i drop my bowl and learn no lesson from it, then I am stupid.
if i just learn a lesson, then i am dumb.
if i learn a lesson and remedy it, then i know what i am doing.

Give you another bowl and you repeat it you are dumb hmm.gif

Give you no bowl and you repeat it you are dumber faint.gif faint.gif

Give you nothing and you still dont get it ,you are really a Dumpling!
longpia.gif longpia.gif longpia.gif

kekekekekekeekekekekekeke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.