Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Size Of Tank Recommended?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
felinefrend
Hi all,
Long time no "see"... my home PS GFs are going to get an upgrade smile.gif They are in 5 gallon hexa tank right now and am thinking of upgrading to the traditional horizontal tank.

I am thinking along the lines of 2 ft or more--- any recommendations? There are only 2 right now, don't think I will be adding anymore GFs together... oh it need to have a hood! very important!

What filtration - I have a guppy sponge and a roka small filter and a Bio-wheel that is not plugged in at the moment? Should I be getting another one? what kind? What do you recommend?

I have gravel and plants which works very well right now and do intend to keep the gravel biggrin.gif

Have small problem of brown/red algae .. situation is under control with the plants... now is backside itchy want to upgrade my GFs. Dreading the tank cycling thingy...

Thanks in advance,
feline.

p/s: the 2 at work are huge now...
felinefrend
nvm
i bought a 20" tank - almost 2 ft... my coffee table is exactly 2 ft... so need a smaller one to fit the table.

fishes are not very happy at the momment.. sad.gif
will monitor..
CyberET
didn't see this thread...
a guppy brand sponge filter should be more than enough.
y not happy le?
felinefrend
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat, 16 Jul 2005 1:23 am)
didn't see this thread...
a guppy brand sponge filter should be more than enough.
y not happy le?

abit chicken lah them... took awhile for them to get used to the tank. then i turned on the light.. they ran and hide under the plants sad.gif

today much better but the lights turned on then go hiding...

but they look happy with all the space...
tank size -- water vol - 12X11X19.5 -- 2 PS GFs.

currently the guppy and the small roka boy filter plus a motorised internal filter is in the tank.. eventually will have 2 - guppy and the internal filter, but all are inside to speed up the tank cycling.

it's ok, I roughly had an idea of what I wanted... and the guys at 328 helped too ;)

thanks! good_very.gif
CyberET
too many filters will slow down tank cycling instead smile.gif
just have 2 guppy enough, then alternate fortnight u can wash one of them.
The Matrix
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:38 pm)
currently the guppy and the small roka boy filter plus a motorised internal filter is in the tank.. eventually will have 2 - guppy and the internal filter, but all are inside to speed up the tank cycling.

speed up does not mean u add more toys in it. In a small confine space like this, u creating more current than giving calm environment for yr fish. Just imagine your cubicle comes with a full 20000W PMPO hifi blasting Celine Dion's My heart will go on and on and on and on and on ......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.