nanik
Hi,

Any idea what is this ?

Cheers
Nanik
CyberET
chiller?
nanik
QUOTE(CyberET @ Fri 09 Jan 2004 03:48 PM)
chiller?

Hi,

or could it be a heater, to stabilize the water tempature ? can it be ? how to make one of this baby peace.gif
Seacucumber
heater??
i used to have one of this but much smaller one to heat up water and cook maggie mee in camp....
HappyBuddha
It's probably a chiller and a big one to chill a large volume of water.

Judging from the green plastic piping, the setup is a Thai tub.

Chilling your tub to keep the temp low (to simulate 4 seasons I suppose) is not an easy task. Just think about how difficult it is to change water... unless you have another tub of chilled water to replace it. Next, if there's a black out during "mid winter", your ranchus gonna get a rude wake up call from hibernation. biggrin.gif
East_Ozeki
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sun 11 Jan 2004 10:31 AM)
It's probably a chiller and a big one to chill a large volume of water.

Judging from the green plastic piping, the setup is a Thai tub.

Chilling your tub to keep the temp low (to simulate 4 seasons I suppose) is not an easy task.  Just think about how difficult it is to change water... unless you have another tub of chilled water to replace it.  Next, if there's a black out during "mid winter", your ranchus gonna get a rude wake up call from hibernation.  biggrin.gif

I know you are joking bro HB, but it is quite a common thinking that goldfish and koi hibernates... but in fact, they don't. biggrin.gif

There is this place in shanghai, know as "liu yuan", one of the 4 beautiful gardens in China. I visited it during freezing winter and the fishes in the pond still swims about slowly. beer1.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(East_Ozeki @ Mon 12 Jan 2004 12:16 AM)
I know you are joking bro HB, but it is quite a common thinking that goldfish and koi hibernates... but in fact, they don't. biggrin.gif 

There is this place in shanghai, know as "liu yuan", one of the 4 beautiful gardens in China.  I visited it during freezing winter and the fishes in the pond still swims about slowly.  beer1.gif

Hmm... from what I know, goldfish do hibernate, or rather go into a hibernate-like state during winter where they swim about slowly, hardly eat and produce little ammonia. Actually, that's how cold-blooded fish "hibernate". They don't turn stone cold and drop down to the floor like a rock to "sleep" throughout winter. The pond in liu garden is probably heated to keep the water temp above 5°C; freezing cold water kills any fish in an instance or we could buy top quality goldfish inexpensively exported in frozen form for sale. rofl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.