Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feng Shui And Goldfish Keeping
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
goldrush
I’m no authority in Feng Shui study but the interest generated through its belief and the perplex combination of natural forces intrigue me especially from the goldfish perspective.I will try to explore the various features pertaining to this practice and try to explain this ancient indulgence in our modern practice of goldfish keeping.A few tips with a bit of explanation should start this exploration .So let’s begin.

A water feature placed ideally in the south or South east location will attract the forces of good luck and fortune, bringing about harmony and joy to the occupants(human not fish)So try placing your tank, pond or any water features in the above direction to tap the positive Qi to enhance your wealth and well being.Flowing water(not stagnant ones)symbolizes continual wealth and prosperity to the Chinese so a replica or any forms of water features is suppose to harness and attract this insidious force to your premises.

Numbers
In Chinese numerology the number nine is by far the most auspicious number,so the numbers of fish kept are expectedly tailored towards that number.Any combination of numbers that are multiples of nine are highly auspicious.so fish kept are can be 9,18,27,36
Interestingly if you add such multiples,it will still yield nine which in the Chinese means longevity and continuity(kau,kau chiong,chiong) Ideally the types kept are eight red and one black to symbolize great wealth(8 being luck in Cantonese) and the solitary black to ward off unnecessary evil or ill fortune.Any fish that perished in the keeping has to be topped up to attain the auspicious quantity and it is also deem to have absorbed the bad Karma of its owner and prevented any catastrophes befalling him..

Types of fish

Along with Arowana and koi,the goldfish is regarded as one of the few fish reputed to be auspicious in its keeping.Perhaps the phonetic pronunciations connotes gold which since time immemorial has been regarded as a precious metal.Feng Shui plays alot on sound system and resonance .The word yu(fish)sounds like abundance and prefixed with gold in front of this word we would land our selves with abundance of gold!

The ancient art of Feng Shui has become by virtue of its mystery and inexplicable combination of invisible forces led to many succumbing to its influence.Goldfish keeping is no exception.Infact the general feeling of insecurity ,fear and ignorance are human inherent weakness which ultimately can expose us to unscrupulous practice,unnecessary exploitation and continual manipulation by some vendors that purport this practice with monetary gains in mind. Whether you keep goldfish for pleasure, leisure or according to Feng Shui’s measure we have to be mindful of our keeping with regards to providing them with the basic needs of shelter,food and husbandry before we learn to exploit them to satisfy our desire……………

goldrush

IPB Image
felinefrend
ok, there are also variations. There is a Kua methodolgy, based on your birthdates, there is a personalised "wealth position" ie: southwest/northwest/north, etc. One is supposed to activate your personalised wealth position #5 - so 5 goldfishes are recommended. Same theory applies, 4 gold + 1 black (to ward off bad luck)

http://www.findyourfate.com/chineseastro/kua.htm

Maybe today's toto got hope liow ;)
CyberET
lol, my success direction is my main entrance, so i must put my goldfish tank to guard the entrance? tongue.gif
CP
Fengshui wise, not everyone is suitable to keep fish.And, if the fengshui master says you can rear fish in this house, it may not necessary be suitable once you shift premises.

My boss is one such example.Multi millionaire. biggrin.gif
goldrush
There is a Hokkien Saying that goes like this

CHI HR CHI JIAO
KEH HEH LIAO

Translated as rear fish ,rear bird ,property all gone.

Feng Shui or not rearing is a commitment,so comes responsibility
Be a responsible owner,your pet will give you intangible joy and companionship
Do not keep them just for your selfish gain
If not Heaven will cast its net of undue pain.
CP
I had a fengshui master survey my house 3 yrs after moving in.Tank was not in ideal location, but I cannot move a one tonne tank!

Lucky got alternative, place a blade under the tank. sweatingbullets.gif

But donno why leh, listen and comply lor. dntknw.gif:
mountain
QUOTE(CP @ Thu, 08 Sep 2005 4:00 pm)
I had a fengshui master survey my house 3 yrs after moving in.Tank was not in ideal location, but I cannot move a one tonne tank!

maybe tats why u still not millionair..
CP
Yes I am not millionaire.

I am billionaire...........sperm count. hysterical.gif
goldrush

Wah got secret weapon under tank.Just in case any dispute can reach for chopper under tank to fend off intruder. no.gif

On the Feng shui note perhaps you could have place your tank(water element)on the wrong sector like fire(destructive)By placing the blade which is metal in nature you would have a favorable element as metal produce water in the productive cycle of the elements. rolleyes.gif
desireless
Chim... Then must put my head in my tank to symbolize "wood" lol.gif
CP
Checked my "kua" number and its 8.I don't really like 8.Cos I'm half Hokkien half Hainanese, and in Hainanese 8 sounds just like f--k..............
goldrush
Take a look at Laserguy and co at the gallery.Their landscape tanks have all the five elements of FengShui in harmony

1)Metal:represented by the hood and its electrical fittings
2)Water:water in the tank
3)Fire:the lighting
4)Earth;The greenery and gravels
5)Wood:Drift wood and wooden cabinet frame

Not forgetting the aeration and the life fishes that generate YANG Chi believed to usher immense luck and prosperity.

Too bad our typical goldfish tank or pond lack certain elements to be deemed complete wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

IPB Image
felinefrend

i think cos since you know liow better comply lor... or else don't find out...
peter porker
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:35 am)
I’m no authority in Feng Shui study but the interest generated through its belief and the perplex combination of ...............

must also see what's your chinese 8 characters...it will determine whether you should have a water feature or rear fish at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.