Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
goldrush
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Thu, 08 Sep 2005 4:35 pm)
"i owe u nothing - nothing nothing at all"

One of my gold fish has funny white stuff sticking to its fins.. both side.. any idea what will stick to the fins like white bubble on a black ranchu ?

I see our feline friend here love this hit song by .................see below

I owe you nothing, no, nothing at all
I owe you nothing, nothing, nothing at all
Nothing, nothing at all, all, no, no ......

IPB Image
desireless
Well, you'll never believe how crazy I was back then... hmm.gif

\"IPB

Jap 3" CDS
\"IPB

They were one of the first few to have a logo for themselves: IPB Image

Dunno why last time so seow also... dntknw.gif:
CP
Pink Floyd,Eagles,Led Zeppelin,Deep Purple,Dire Straits,Def Leppard,Journey,Police,Guns and Roses,U2,Genesis,REM,Marillion,Alan Parsons just to name a few............timeless.

Play their classics,dim all lights,get high on liquor drunk.gif ..........That's LIFE! cloud9.gif
The Matrix
wah ... u guys very angmo leh. i listen to fei yuqing, feng feifei, liu wenzheng, wung qianyu, tsui siaofeng, ye liyi and all the cantonese series songs by adam cheng and my fav Anita Mui and Roman Tam shiok.gif
CP
I ang mor ed mah......anyway,I grew up in the midst of my Dad's Zhou Shuian, and my sis Liu Wenzhen,Teng Liqin............
Movies wise its Chin Hsiangling,Chin Han,Lin Chinsia,Zhen Zhen,Fu Shen,Chiang Tawei,Lor Lieh,Koo Minglun......
The Matrix
i half chinese ed in the primary leh. shiok.gif

oldies but goodies right ? hahahaha ... i still remember chasing hawaii 5-O, buck rogers and battlestar galactica ... aiyo ...
goldrush
Nothing 's gonna stop us now(starship)cos

Everybreath you take(police)I'll welcome you with

Open arms(journey)It's

Just Another day in paradise(Phil collins)to listen to these all time greats
I can never ask you which is

the one you love (Glenn Frey)most.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
The Matrix
angmo songs i also know a few ... all becos of my brother. wat british pop ... boy george and culture club, spanda ballet, duran duran, omd, eurythmics, freddy mercury and queen ... 2 most influcential in my angmo music listening are Cyndi Lauper and MJ.
madhaha
wow.... champion.gif
felinefrend
ok - since all familar with the 80s music... guess the singers/artist.

1. Men down under

2. Together in electric dream

3. Word up

4. Call me Al

the person who guess the above 4, give another 4 songs...
desireless
Wah lau so easy...

1) Down Under - Men At Work

2) Together in electric dream - Philip Oakey (Human League) & Giorgio Moroder

3) Word up - Cameo

4) Call Me Al - Paul Simons

I have 4:

1) Just We Two (Mona Lisa) -

2) Touch In The Night -

3) Stay On These Roads -

4) If It Isn't Love -

Quick.. cannot check Internet!!

This post has been edited by desireless: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:57 pm
CP
You have weird taste.I am quite familiar with 80s music yet have not heard these b4.
Can only guess the 3rd song by A Ha.
desireless
This is no fun...

We should play something like what Jason Chow last time had on radio...

He would play some pah-liah 80's Eurobeat song then ask listeners to call in and complete the lyrics.. Really tough... coz some of the songs cannot find lyrics one.. Really good.. That was the only time I participate in such call in games yes.gif

QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:43 pm)
You have weird taste.I am quite familiar with 80s music yet have not heard these b4.
Can only guess the 3rd song by A Ha.

First song is from Silent Circle.. Their songs were popular in the 80's discoteques dance floor...

You should find the chorus very familiar yes.gif

Sample: Touch In The Night

This post has been edited by desireless: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:55 pm
felinefrend
1) Just We Two (Mona Lisa) - modern talking

2) Touch In The Night - ????

3) Stay On These Roads - Ah ha

4) If It Isn't Love - elvis presley?!? (My dad said one?!)

----------

1. Atlantis is calling
2. Sometimes
3. Turning Japanese
4. Lucky Star
desireless
Let me "hao lian" a bit more..

My 2 towers of a-ha collection (total 160+ CDs on them alone):

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:58 pm)
1) Just We Two (Mona Lisa) - modern talking

2) Touch In The Night - ????

3) Stay On These Roads - Ah ha

4) If It Isn't Love - elvis presley?!?  (My dad said one?!)

----------

1. Atlantis is calling
2. Sometimes
3. Turning Japanese
4. Lucky Star

Hahaha

2) Touch In The Night - Silent Circle

4) If It Isn't Love - New Edition (The 80's grandmaster to reggae)
desireless
1. Atlantis is calling -MT
2. Sometimes - Erasure
3. Turning Japanese - ???
4. Lucky Star - MT
CP
You're NUTS!! You gay ah??Where got guys go crazy over Aha one???
CP
Lucky Star by Maddonna.....?
desireless
This one sure cannot guess:

Can Delight - _ _

That's When _ _ _ _ - 1942

Bridge _ _ _ - Wax

Voyage Voyage - _

(Last one is corny) hysterical.gif

This post has been edited by desireless: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:59 pm
desireless
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:06 pm)
You're NUTS!! You gay ah??Where got guys go crazy over Aha one???

My mom suspect also ah.... But no leh... I like cute girls leh

I also got complete collection of Kim Wilde and Debbie Gibson mah... So the yin and yang are balanced... hysterical.gif

You wanna see something "NUTTER"?

The different releases of the album "Stay On These Roads":

IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:03 pm)
2. Sometimes - Erasure
4. Lucky Star - MT

aiyah I wrong already.. Lucky Star is Madonna... Modern Talking sang "Lucky Guy" tongue.gif
CP
How time flies.........when i was a kid,I listened to my older cousin's John Denver,Lobo......then I grew older its Abba,Boney M......approaching teenage I buy my first cassette its Bee Gees's Saturday Night Fever and John Travolta's Grease....moving to my mid teens its Depeche Mode,Duran Duran,Spandau Ballet....as I grew older I went back to 70s rock music and Pink Floyd remained my favourite band till this date.

And,just a few days back I received letter from garment saying its time for me to subscribe to Eldershield!! mad.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:59 pm)
Let me "hao lian" a bit more..

My 2 towers of a-ha collection (total 160 CDs on them alone):

THIS IS AHA NUTS !!!!!
The Matrix
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:32 pm)
How time flies.........when i was a kid,I listened to my older cousin's John Denver,Lobo......then I grew older its Abba,Boney M......approaching teenage I buy my first cassette its Bee Gees's Saturday Night Fever and John Travolta's Grease....moving to my mid teens its Depeche Mode,Duran Duran,Spandau Ballet....as I grew older I went back to 70s rock music and Pink Floyd remained my favourite band till this date.

And,just a few days back I received letter from garment saying its time for me to subscribe to Eldershield!! mad.gif

At least I made the change during the late 80s, escape from those heavy metal and switch to symphonies and concerto. Only last 10 years started to appreciate chinese orchestra.

But forget Bond and the 12 ah lians dunno play wat band.
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:08 pm)
This one sure cannot guess:

Voyage Voyage - _

(Last one is corny)  hysterical.gif

That's your nick - Desireless came from ? That's horny ...
desireless
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:47 pm)
That's your nick - Desireless came from ? That's horny ...

Hahaah.. just happen so lah... That desireless is a butch siaoleow.gif
desireless
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:45 pm)
At least I made the change during the late 80s, escape from those heavy metal and switch to symphonies and concerto. Only last 10 years started to appreciate chinese orchestra.

But forget Bond and the 12 ah lians dunno play wat band.

I also skipped the evolution of music in the 90's... switched to listening to chinese songs. Really cannot tahan the change in pop music.. most bands from the 80's changed their style to suit the trend. Think only Pet Shop Boys maintained a well balance keeping on to their style and moving on at the same time... But knowing that both of them are gays turned me away from them lol.gif
desireless
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:40 pm)
THIS IS AHA NUTS !!!!!

But really.. Don't know if this is coincidence (same as TVR). I have been collection CDs for so long... Japanese release are always highest valued and most collectible

The Jap releases in the picture cost more than the rest and are most valued to collectors. The "Made In Japan" printed there entitled you to ask for double or more of those "Made In Germany" ones yes.gif

I guess this is some culture SG ppl need to learn.. on why "Made In Japan" is always good.
felinefrend
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:32 pm)

i tot i am the only one... lobo denver... carpenters... my absolute fav at that time (like 5 yrs old) .... "how much is that doggie at the window? woof woof! The one with the waggy little tail" woof woof!"

It was a itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dotted bini that she wore...

Funny familar forgotten feelings..

ok.. machim I am that old biggrin.gif hahahaaa
felinefrend
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:10 pm)
My mom suspect also ah.... But no leh... I like cute girls leh

I also got complete collection of Kim Wilde and Debbie Gibson mah... So the yin and yang are balanced...  hysterical.gif

You wanna see something "NUTTER"?

The different releases of the album "Stay On These Roads":

piang - u champion. beg2.gif

that time I had friends from 4 camps - Pet Shop Boy. Depeche Mode, ah Ha and Erasure.
They all thought their band was the best... I more lian - MT, madonna is more my style.

Lucky star lucky star...
felinefrend
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:03 pm)
2. Sometimes - Erasure
4. Lucky Star - MT

Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Lucky Star - Madonna
felinefrend
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:31 pm)
wah ... u guys very angmo leh. i listen to fei yuqing, feng feifei, liu wenzheng, wung qianyu, tsui siaofeng, ye liyi and all the cantonese series songs by adam cheng and my fav Anita Mui and Roman Tam shiok.gif

last time... cousins/uncle/aunties all play hokkien songs - i dunno who are the singers... cos i dun follow :S

At home is listen to the redifussion - the chinese Liu Wen Zhen timeframe and then AngMo songs on channel B biggrin.gif

And of cos.. those ghost stories in the night on redifussion - all of us gathered round it in the night biggrin.gif I was only 8 I think smile.gif all at grandma's place....
hahahahaa nowadays, these kids only know PS2 and GT4 lol.gif
felinefrend
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:53 pm)
Nothing 's gonna stop us now(starship)cos

Everybreath you take(police)I'll welcome you with

Open arms(journey)It's

Just Another day in paradise(Phil collins)to listen to  these all time greats
I can never ask you which is

the one you  love (Glenn Frey)most.

lol.gif  lol.gif  lol.gif

you are soo funny - last time someone wrote me a love letter, also formatted like that LOL! Secondary school... kinda sweet in those days yes.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 8:53 am)
you are soo funny - last time someone wrote me a love letter, also formatted like that LOL! Secondary school... kinda sweet in those days  yes.gif

Hey feline,you make me blush.gif

Not me hor dntknw.gif:

blush-big.gif

After my wife finds out

kenna fish.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 8:47 am)
last time... cousins/uncle/aunties all play hokkien songs - i dunno who are the singers... cos i dun follow :S

At home is listen to the redifussion - the chinese Liu Wen Zhen timeframe and then AngMo songs on channel B biggrin.gif

And of cos.. those ghost stories in the night on redifussion - all of us gathered round it in the night biggrin.gif I was only 8 I think smile.gif all at grandma's place....
hahahahaa nowadays, these kids only know PS2 and GT4  lol.gif

Wah ... still got rediffusion .. I still remembered going to CC to watch tv till my uncle got the 1st set ... Telefunkant (forgotten how to spell liao) .. branded siah ...

Liu WenZheng period came out a lot of solid singers. Many songs we still can remember how to sing and actually some new generation also know.

Dong Tian Li de yi ba Huo ... Dong Nian ... Xiao Yu ... Wo Jia Zai Na Li

Then invaders of Brit Pop. And follow closely the CantoPop ... 80s hahaha

At least during then, we are not so crazy as to book taxi chasing after some stars shouting "wo men yong yuan zhi chi ni " ... Got to ask Ye PeiFeng how she got her top prize in the talent show. Those judges din keep saying "head voice" ...
top_view_ranchu
I don't know why no one have mention one of my favourite, which is also important for fish keeping! AIR SUPPLY!
CP
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:16 am)
Got to ask Ye PeiFeng how she got her top prize in the talent show.

Ye PeiFeng....are you refering to Dawn Yip?
I know her, stayed in same hostel........but she donno me!! hysterical.gif
desireless
So her real name is Dawn Yip ah... Why she call her Beauty Saloon "Jean Yip"?

I prefer listening to Zhang Jin Quan to her tongue.gif

But it seems those people who won "Dou Ge Jing Yi" never made it big.... Wah lau look at Taugua and the ah beng... win already straightaway got show to act and album to cut. 1st runnerup also got chance to stardom.
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 1:51 pm)

Yes, her name is Dawn Yip.Very sure.Maybe she uses Jean Yip for her business because it sounds better.
Now multi millionaire liao.........confirm lagi donno me. hysterical.gif
desireless
QUOTE(felinefrend @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 8:40 am)
piang - u champion.  beg2.gif

that time I had friends from 4 camps - Pet Shop Boy. Depeche Mode, ah Ha and Erasure.
They all thought their band was the best... I more lian - MT, madonna is more my style.

Lucky star lucky star...

Among the 4... a-ha is the easiest to complete collection. PSB/DM simply have too many variations to their releases. I got scared looking at the items I missed out on them... wleow.gif

Madonna.. worse. Her rich fans simple like to trade with her things because rare ones (like Promo CDs) can always hit 1000USD over. (Her "Sex Book" is... must-get though drool.gif) Talking about her fans.. they are enough to invade SG 5 times over.

MT is by far my most favourite Eurobeat artiste. Although they were not really sucessful in making their comeback, I did support their sales tongue.gif Too bad they finally announced ending MT. cry.gif

Albums and compilations

Singles...

notice the 3 same CDS box sets? My mama called me "神经病"to buy 10 at that time.. (but I was tio tua big time that time mad.gif )
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 1:51 pm)

I prefer listening to Zhang Jin Quan to her tongue.gif 

But it seems those people who won "Dou Ge Jing Yi" never made it big.... Wah lau look at Taugua and the ah beng... win already straightaway got show to act and album to cut. 1st runnerup also got chance to stardom.

That is not her salon also. That's her sister Jean.

last time where got so many contracts to sign. who really make it big without going to taiwan.
CP
puke.gif Madonna puke.gif
goldrush
[quote=desireless,Tue, 13 Sep 2005 1:51 pm]

Aiyah Jean Yip is the sister of Dawn Yip.You can see both of them at a current Chinese programme pertaining to losing weight over at U channel.The husband of Jean yip who is a hair stylist is also featured in the show.Now a days all shows are tailored towards cosmetic and aesthetic affluence which media tries to fan these raging fire of desire to look and feel good. Alas non are permanent of course. Health and wealth comes from within not from with outs.
desireless
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 3:10 pm)
puke.gif Madonna puke.gif

HAHAHA...

IPB Image

Any singles she comes out with sure hit #1... Not nice also hit #1... no fun dry.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:33 pm)
I don't know why no one have mention one of my favourite, which is also important for fish keeping! AIR SUPPLY!

Hi David

Since you crave for Air Supply

Please sing this hit of theirs to the tune of Here I am which I have rewritten

Here I am playing with my organ again
And just when I thought yours had set them free
Those tits of yours keep taunting me

Holding yours, a feeling I never outgrew
Though each and every part of me has tried
Only mine can fill your hole inside……………

IPB Image
CP
Dawn Yip 1985..............

Pic taken during mooncake festival celebration.Gosh, almost exactly 20 years ago.
Dont think anyone can recognise which one is me though yahoo.gif

\"IPB
desireless
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 9:53 pm)

Pic taken during mooncake festival celebration.Gosh, almost exactly 20 years ago.
Dont think anyone can recognise which one is me though   yahoo.gif

Wah I think her hair style was the IN thing back then.... Funny to look at now though hysterical.gif

Wah... Met you so many times I still cannot pick out which is you...

Wah the guy besides her look like very ecstatic.. maybe his left hand is on her butt??
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 9:41 pm)
Here I am playing with my organ again
And just when I thought yours had set them free
Those tits of yours keep taunting me

Holding yours, a feeling I never outgrew
Though each and every part of me has tried
Only mine can fill your hole inside……………

Wah doc... you sing lah sup gua (dirty songs) very good ah! good_very.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 13 Sep 2005 9:53 pm)

Dont think anyone can recognise which one is me though  yahoo.gif

Anyone in the pic actually now work for Jean Yip and becoming millionaires ? Another of the MSoft story.

The one standing behind Dawn grey t-shirt, carrying a yellow lantern is you ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.