Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish Field Report
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CyberET.
Was at AC, they had new black ranchus $60/120, r/w ranchus in the front tank, r/w crown pearlscales $18

hmm.. does sean ever clean that brown murky tank? laugh.gif

i like one of the $60 black ranchu very much!!.. but i'm out of tub space! :angry:
dennis
Went TFT today. Nothing worth going down for at least for the moment.
LASERGUY
Saw one of the LFS at Geylang has nice Orandas and red capped oranda. Nice headgrowth I would say and one of the $25 ranchu has a good broad body shape. Almost bought it but no more tank space. The location is along the stretch of shops beside a bus stop and Aljunied Mrt station. Can enjoy the 60 cents Tao Huay too. biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(DuploTate @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 12:14 PM)
Saw one of the LFS at Geylang has nice Orandas and red capped oranda. Nice headgrowth I would say and one of the $25 ranchu has a good broad body shape. Almost bought it but no more tank space. The location is along the stretch of shops beside a bus stop and Aljunied Mrt station. Can enjoy the 60 cents Tao Huay too.  biggrin.gif

Are you talking about Aquatic Connection at Sim's Place? Probably not becoz I don't recall seeing any hawker selling tao huay. So... what's the name of the shop? Thanks.
LASERGUY
Cannot really recall the name of the shop but it's definately not Aquatic Connection. I can only describe the location but can't give you anything except that there is 2 lfs along the stretch and at the end is a durian stall. It opens till 3 am. If I am not wrong Xerovix knows what I am talking about. When the hype on black ranchus heat up, I mentioned the place and he knows where am I talking about.
CyberET
QUOTE(DuploTate @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 12:24 PM)
Cannot really recall the name of the shop but it's definately not Aquatic Connection. I can only describe the location but can't give you anything except that there is 2 lfs along the stretch and at the end is a durian stall. It opens till 3 am. If I am not wrong Xerovix knows what I am talking about. When the hype on black ranchus heat up, I mentioned the place and he knows where am I talking about.

i think i've pass by the shop before, but i don't remember any of those shops dealing with goldfish.. but that was a few months ago
dennis
Any news on mainland and those LFS @ lorong harlus? Maybe I will hit the place tomorrow.
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 01:04 AM)
Any news on mainland and those LFS @ lorong harlus? Maybe I will hit the place tomorrow.

aquafauna should have new fishes from what i heard ;)
dennis
Ok, thanks for the heads-up. rolleyes.gif: Will update after my visit.
LASERGUY
Hi guys, just bought 3 short-tail ryukins from 35A, Pasir Ris Farmway 2. Will update pictures soon.
dennis
Qian Hu got large number of different sizes thai/chinese ranchu. From $8 to $200. And they are both in the tub and tank section too. Worth a look if you looking for ranchu.
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 13:42 PM)
Qian Hu got large number of different sizes thai/chinese ranchu. From $8 to $200. And they are both in the tub and tank section too. Worth a look if you looking for ranchu.

anything else other than ranchu?
CyberET
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 12:12 PM)
Hi guys, just bought 3 short-tail ryukins from 35A, Pasir Ris Farmway 2. Will update pictures soon.

woah.. i been there during weekend.. and saw they had lots of nice fishes.. ryukins as well, however prices were steep to me..
The Matrix
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 12:12 PM)

Laser the king of ryukin. constantly buying leh. how many tanks u added so far ?
The Matrix
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 13:42 PM)

only a few tubs are ranchu, the rest are lionhead leh. u see correctly or not leh ?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(demekin @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 14:24 PM)
only a few tubs are ranchu, the rest are lionhead leh. u see correctly or not leh ?

Actually, based on QH's classification, they only sell lionhead wor.

I did find very nice ranchus in a tub of lionhead in QH yesterday afternoon.

I was most impressed, however, by a few calico oranda in a glass tank near the goldfish tub area. They have very massive cap and headgrowth that are covering their eyes. Very cute. If I'm not wrong, they were going for $20 or so only.

Also at QH, I saw the biggest demekin ever. Nearly 8-9 inches long (including the tails lah.) There was a pair in white... and those butterfly-like tails were impressively large. Too bad they are too large for me to keep at home. Sigh. But I sure envy anyone who could afford to keep them.

There was also a pair of red/white moor in another glass tank (near the driveway). These have very big eyes. Too bad one of them the tails is rotting away. sad.gif

Finally, there are some jumbo ranchus in the covered, darkened showroom. Super nice looking body and headgrowth is impressive too.

All those I mentioned above without giving the prices... are... not for sale. sad.gif
sheringam
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 15:10 PM)
Finally, there are some jumbo ranchus in the covered, darkened showroom.  Super nice looking body and headgrowth is impressive too.

All those I mentioned above without giving the prices... are... not for sale.  sad.gif

Last sat morning, saw one guy bought one of those jumbo ranchus u've mentioned. From far can see the big goldfish in the plastic bag.

Want to buy one pair of those but didn't have space for them. Look very round n pui with massive headgrowth.

There's one tub near the tanks selling jumbo ranchu at $200. Notice there's one with very short body and massive headgrowth ranchu. From top view look very cute.

There's another 2 tanks behind the tub also got jumbo ranchus but no price on the tank, and it's written booked in chinese.

Does they look like a hybrid lionhead? How old are their ranchu judging from their size and headgrowth?
The Matrix
QUOTE(sheringam @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 15:54 PM)
How old are their ranchu judging from their size and headgrowth?

1 to 1.5 yrs old.
LASERGUY
Hi guys, here are the pictures of my newly acquired ryukins from 35A Pasir Ris Farmway 2.

IPB Image
LASERGUY
Picture of 2nd ryukin.

IPB Image
LASERGUY
Picture of the third one.

IPB Image
LASERGUY
QUOTE(hun citizen @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 23:37 PM)
Wah!  Bought so many fishes these days huh?

Errrr..... for those who knows me here, should know that sometimes I tend to lost control when there are nice GFs around.....tongue.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 23:43 PM)
Errrr..... for those who knows me here, should know that sometimes I tend to lost control when there are nice GFs around.....tongue.gif

2nd fish not bad. 40 bucks each ?
dennis
QUOTE(demekin @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 14:24 PM)

Oh ....... you are right, I am very sorry to have mislead everyone, I am not an expert you see. blink.gif: Thanks for the reminder.
The Matrix
QUOTE(dennis @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 00:29 AM)
Oh ....... you are right, I am very sorry to have mislead everyone, I am not an expert you see. blink.gif:  Thanks for the reminder.

no lah, learn together lah.
CyberET

hehe.. just curious, how many tanks do u have? biggrin.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 00:46 AM)
hehe.. just curious, how many tanks do u have? biggrin.gif

Errrr.... originally I have 2 X 3ft tank and one blue tub. tongue.gif
Recently, acquired another 3ft tank from my friend who gave up his hobby. rolleyes.gif:
Dark
Hi,

Just back from lunch from Clementi Florist C328. they have new arrival of 2 tanks of ryukin

I think is $20 each.. inclusive of tail about 11 to 12cm.

Nice Day
YLD
Hi All,

I visited Home Of Ranchu at bukit batok blk 644 today. Saw some of their ranchu. In my opinion, those in glass tank, not bad looking, nice egg shape body w/ nice arc. Also some leftover in the fibre glass tank have thick back bone and nice fin but head growth and head size to body ratio not too impressive. Also was told one of the shop owner making a trip to Thailand to bring back some Top view ranchu.
CyberET
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 10:35 AM)
Errrr.... originally I have 2 X 3ft tank and one blue tub.  tongue.gif
Recently, acquired another 3ft tank from my friend who gave up his hobby.  rolleyes.gif:

hehehe.. the tub is green? how many fishes wor? cool happydance1.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 23:11 PM)
hehehe.. the tub is green? how many fishes wor? cool happydance1.gif

Eh, already told you it's a BLUE tub wat..... wink.gif
Not using green water yet, may be in the near future lah.....
CyberET
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Fri 28 Nov 2003 14:03 PM)
Eh, already told you it's a BLUE tub wat..... wink.gif
Not using green water yet, may be in the near future lah.....

hehe. pai sei.. i see smile.gif
mrchoco
chinese ranchu spotted at C328
nice chunky ones $20 each
took 3 home
but one seems to have head heavy problem mad.gif
I dun like it when they place side view ranchus into tubs for choosing. ;)
CyberET
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Thu 04 Dec 2003 08:43 AM)
chinese ranchu spotted at C328
nice chunky ones $20 each
took 3 home
but one seems to have head heavy problem  mad.gif
I dun like it when they place side view ranchus into tubs for choosing. ;)

photo photo photo shiok.gif
caster

New Ryukin just arrive at Pasir Farmway lot 35A....

Some of the best I have seen recently........ I am a regular there too

cheers
mrchoco
call this guy rocketfella
swims like a rocket..
looks like a rocket.
will update clearer pics of him soon

IPB Image
Allan
I received a SMS from Home of Ranchus that they have "...new arrival of best breeder AAA top view ranchu welcome for viewing tomorrow."

So... if you're interested, do drop by early.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(Fatallan @ Fri 05 Dec 2003 05:05 PM)
I received a SMS from Home of Ranchus that they have "...new arrival of best breeder AAA top view ranchu welcome for viewing tomorrow."

So... if you're interested, do drop by early.

Kind of strange, JK Aquatics at 60, Lor 25A Geylng (a spin-off from JK Koi at Pasir Ris Farmway 2) also advertised arrival of Topview Japanese Ranchu from Yatomi.
Coincidence ???? unsure.gif
By the way, visited them on Tuesday. Saw few tubs of 6 months old tosai going at $220 ~ $800 each, around 2~3 inches. Also saw a few tanks holding "sold" fishes, superior quality than those leftover in the tubs.
YLD
Hi,

Any comments on the price and quality of those Jap ranchu from JK aquatics?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Fri 05 Dec 2003 05:31 PM)
By the way, visited them on Tuesday. Saw few tubs of 6 months old tosai going at $220 ~ $800 each, around 2~3 inches. Also saw a few tanks

Pardon me but isn't 2-3 inches a little small for Japanese tosai (of 6 months old)?

GnG's baby ranchu, born 4 Aug 2003 (+/- 2 days) are already larger.

Fishy....
The Matrix
QUOTE(hun citizen @ Fri 05 Dec 2003 07:03 PM)
Tomorrow, I will go there and look see look see.  Maybe will by one or two pieces if they are indeed Japanese ranchu.... since I have already dumped all my Thai Ranchu leow.

Will give feedback.

jap ranchu lah. some not so good, but found 2 piece not too bad .... but really the size a little small for a tosai at this period of time. likely the late bred or slow grower.

there is 1 piece there quite big ... i see see see and i think i recalled seeing it in the net ...

Laser, they brought in the fishes last week and only put ads this week.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(demekin @ Sat 06 Dec 2003 01:05 AM)
jap ranchu lah. some not so good, but found 2 piece not too bad .... but really the size a little small for a tosai at this period of time. likely the late bred or slow grower.

there is 1 piece there quite big ... i see see see and i think i recalled seeing it in the net ...

Laser, they brought in the fishes last week and only put ads this week.

If this the case, then no point going down for selection for those really interested, because those good one in this batch already chupped by their regulars long before they advertised.
Inspect those in the "reserved or sold" tank/tub, you can judge that they are the best in this batch (short tail joint, hugh tail seat etc,) only don't know whether they are charged differently or not.
Inxs
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Fri 05 Dec 2003 10:14 AM)
call this guy rocketfella
swims like a rocket..
looks like a rocket.
will update clearer pics of him soon

Wah! the way you take this photo, make me think of GhostFish instead of goldfish. nananana.gif
mrchoco
here's some clearer pics...
heh heh...

IPB Image
mrchoco
another side of rocketfella
mrchoco
my favourite female ranchu

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sun 07 Dec 2003 03:45 PM)
another side of rocketfella

swee.gif

Rocketfella rocks!

Buay sai hiam at all. shiok.gif

Basket. No fun!

Cannot see sponge filter in the background somemore. mad.gif

Erm... why were you wearing a pullover raincoat inside your house? Your favorite female ranchu was spitting at you? biggrin.gif
mrchoco
ranchus spotted at serangoon north. mainly chinese
long hu has a few pieces of thai side views. not bad. (going for $25 i think when the uncle wiped away the price!) ;)
petmart has some chinese.

bought one from rainbow for $22 (should be thai, will try to confirm with you guys here) will show the pic in a few days. now still in quarantine.
Didn't want to get the 1 for 1 cos the rest really sucked. unsure.gif dun want to waste another $8 to buy a sucky fish....
LASERGUY
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Fri 12 Dec 2003 12:37 AM)
ranchus spotted at serangoon north. mainly chinese
long hu has a few pieces of thai side views. not bad. (going for $25 i think when the uncle wiped away the price!) ;)
petmart has some chinese.

bought one from rainbow for $22 (should be thai, will try to confirm with you guys here) will show the pic in a few days. now still in quarantine.
Didn't want to get the 1 for 1 cos the rest really sucked. unsure.gif  dun want to waste another $8 to buy a sucky fish....

For your info, rainbow is also another con shop in my opinion.
Selling chinese ranchu labelled as japan ranchu...
caster
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Fri 12 Dec 2003 10:26 AM)
For your info, rainbow is also another con shop in my opinion.
Selling chinese ranchu labelled as japan ranchu...

yap !! agreed rainbow's Ranchu is mostly china ranchu..... but they do have some good thai..... all mix together......

Looking at their so call Hokkiado Ryukins and the price..... I must say it is very expensive and the quality so so only.... btw, I think their Ryukin is from Thai.... where got Jap Ryukin at that size selling at 500 for a pair !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.