Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish Field Report
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LASERGUY
QUOTE(caster @ Fri 12 Dec 2003 10:35 AM)
yap !! agreed rainbow's Ranchu is mostly china ranchu..... but they do have some good thai..... all mix together......

Looking at their so call Hokkiado Ryukins and the price..... I must say it is very expensive and the quality so so only.... btw, I think their Ryukin is from Thai....  where got Jap Ryukin at that size selling at 500 for a pair !!

They get the GFs from Qianhu also lah..... And those chinese ranchu in the main tank labelled as Japanese ranchu quoted for $1000, probably worth only $150 ~ $250 at QH.
mrchoco
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Fri 12 Dec 2003 10:26 AM)
For your info, rainbow is also another con shop in my opinion.
Selling chinese ranchu labelled as japan ranchu...

thanks laser.
I know that they label their fish to con.
somehow the fish i bought was "stranded" in the $30 1 for 1 tank. IMO given its quality, rainbow will not sell it at $30. Nice curve, cheeks and good belly. just a few stress marks and the tail though.
But some how today the fish seems to be flashing a lot...
added salt.
hope things get better.
10daniel
hey rocketfella looks damn good leh... smile.gif congrats
goldfishguy
$220 ~ $800 each, around 2~3 inches??????!!!!!!!

Are you guys kidding? Do you really have to pay that much for a fish?
Please tell me it ain't so!!!!!
Although I can't buy ranchu locally, I can find some pretty nice
lionheads for $5.99 USA - 3-4.5 inches pretty regularly.

I feel really bad for you guys if this is really what you have to pay
for fish.

PS: I still think you guys are sick puppies!!! Hehehehehe!
mrchoco
fish from rainbow.
suspect parasite infection.
flashing and observe the tail in the next 2 pics. slightly torned

IPB Image
mrchoco
tail

IPB Image
dennis
QUOTE(goldfishguy @ Sat 13 Dec 2003 01:59 PM)
$220 ~ $800 each, around 2~3 inches??????!!!!!!!

Are you guys kidding? Do you really have to pay that much for a fish?
Please tell me it ain't so!!!!!

Nah, thats not the norm. biggrin.gif It also depends very much on the quality of the fish, price for a 3 to 4 incher could start in the low teens for poorer quality ones to $40~$80 for a better one. But if someone wants an air flown pure Jap ranchu, they gotta be ready to pay for it smile.gif
dennis
Goldfish Field Report.

The LFS at Pasir Ris Farmway 2 (L 35 A) ( the one with the huge cylindrical tank at the front ) has taken in a very huge shipment of goldfish. At the moment about 80% of the shops tanks are catered for goldfish, they are stocking up to meet the expected CNY rush for goldfish, my estimate that there are about 40 tanks for goldfish.

They have nice Ryukins and many Thai Ranchus. If you don't buy it's still worth a look. Cheers.
Seacucumber
you are right.....
the problem with that shop is that they are trying to sell Thai side view ranchu as if they are endangered.....dun you think that they are overpriced??
for a 3 inch thai sideview, you can get easily for $30-$50 MAX at AC, QH etc....
they are quoting $98! if $98 every pcs swee swee i nothing to say....but hor, haiz....cannot make it....

the ryukins i would say is rather reasonably priced...
the big ones with nice humps are quite a steal at $118-$168....
some are even $48....

overall that place, u wana find ryukin, its good good.gif as for ranchu, its a NONO good_no.gif
dennis
QUOTE(g-string @ Thu 25 Dec 2003 09:15 PM)
you are right.....
the problem with that shop is that they are trying to sell Thai side view ranchu as if they are endangered.....dun you think that they are overpriced??
for a 3 inch thai sideview, you can get easily for $30-$50 MAX at AC, QH etc....
they are quoting $98! if $98 every pcs swee swee i nothing to say....but hor, haiz....cannot make it....

the ryukins i would say is rather reasonably priced...
the big ones with nice humps are quite a steal at $118-$168....
some are even $48....

overall that place, u wana find ryukin, its good  good.gif  as for ranchu, its a NONO  good_no.gif

Actually I got the same feeling, I personally feel that their Thai ranchus are way over priced too. I guess they're in to cash in on the good luck thingy for CNY ( Xuo Xing = longevity & gold = prosperity ). BTW I also feel that their big Oranda too expensive.

Their Ryukin are all short tail "model" .... really wasted. I only like long fan tail type sad.gif

But I think they are aware that their price is too high, and i notice that the fishes are still alittle "Mar-Bok" so maybe the shipment is new and they are not settle down yet. From what I know, the owner usually see the movement of his stocks, if it doesn't move the price will start to slide after awhile. biggrin.gif
chaq
Theres some ranchus on the left of the entrance in smaller tanks priced at $118 and $148. I find their color and shape nicer compared to the $98 ones ... They are probably smaller in size, why the diff in price? worth buying? Thai? Thanks
caster
QUOTE(dennis @ Fri 26 Dec 2003 12:32 AM)
Actually I got the same feeling, I personally feel that their Thai ranchus are way over priced too. I guess they're in to cash in on the good luck thingy for CNY ( Xuo Xing = longevity & gold = prosperity ). BTW I also feel that their big Oranda  too expensive.

Their Ryukin are all short tail "model" .... really wasted. I only like long fan tail type  sad.gif

But I think they are aware that their price is too high, and i notice that the fishes are still alittle "Mar-Bok" so maybe the shipment is new and they are not settle down yet. From what I know, the owner usually see the movement of his stocks, if it doesn't move the price will start to slide after awhile.  biggrin.gif

Yes.. those ryukin arrive at abt 11 pm on christmas eve....... they have some very nice medium and long tail ryukin in their previous batch.......

hehehehe..... all grab up liao even before it is open to public tongue.gif... those short tails you saw on christmas day are leftovers.... nevertheless.... they are still very very nice.........

The same applies to Ranchu...... the regular would have taken all the top pcs............ hehehhe.. I know becomes I am a regular there tongue.gif
mountain
shiok.gif u are a regular there? can post the fishes pix u have bought from them?
dennis
QUOTE(caster @ Fri 26 Dec 2003 12:11 PM)
Yes.. those ryukin arrive at abt 11 pm on christmas eve....... they have some very nice medium and long tail ryukin in their previous batch.......

hehehehe..... all grab up liao even before it is open to public tongue.gif... those short tails you saw on christmas day are leftovers.... nevertheless.... they are still very very nice.........

The same applies to Ranchu...... the regular would have taken all the top pcs............ hehehhe.. I know becomes I am a regular there tongue.gif

No wonder biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
QUOTE(caster @ Fri 26 Dec 2003 12:11 PM)

christmas eve??
sure or not?? last week already there liao....
mountain
well, just came back from pasir ris farmway..bloody hot saturday. wa say, indeed, preparing for CNY.. haha.. so many huge ryukins, and loads of not nice ranchus. so expensive.. gee.. how many ppl can afford them.. but indeed they are huge. saw a gentleman grab 2 off the main tank. i even watch a ryukin spawning good_very.gif kanna raped by 7 other ryukin ... man .. laugh.gif wanted to tell boss .. ehh.. no $$ buy your fish lah .. too "peng", buy the eggs can or not??
mountain
hmm .. how should i put it.. i am not really good in describing ryukins.
the sakuras are nice. but their eyes too "black" - i mean the whole eye.. dunno is it normal. the others have nice humps, well balanced, "head squeezing back into the bodies" .. aiyo.. think damn lousy description .. dunno how to desc. its quite worth the effort to take a look as there's really quite a lot of large size ryukins.
caster
QUOTE(hun citizen @ Sat 27 Dec 2003 03:08 PM)
Are those Ryukins comparable to those over at Rainbow?

The qualities is as good as those in Rainbow's 550 for 2 pcs tank.... IMHO ....hhehehehe I think it is even higher grade.... a few serious Ryukins guy have bought it there, I heard a couple of pair will be participating in Qian Hu Comp.

I will try to post some pics... on my Ryukin Collection
caster
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri 26 Dec 2003 06:27 PM)
christmas eve??
sure or not?? last week already there liao....

There are weekly shippment....pal...... another batch coming in soon tongue.gif.... those good quality ryukin literally flew off the tanks....
Seacucumber
i was there last Sat and again on Christmas afternoon...
the fishes all look the same....unless they imported clones....
caster
QUOTE(g-string @ Sat 27 Dec 2003 09:22 PM)
i was there last Sat and again on Christmas afternoon...
the fishes all look the same....unless they imported clones....

serious.. brudder... why are u doubting me.... I got no connection with that shop.... !!!.... anyway.... believe me.... u either have fading memories....or your eyes are playing tricks on you....just kidding

Just in case you wanna challenge me for proof,... I am ready to standby what I say with proof........period...

cheers
Seacucumber
QUOTE(caster @ Sat 27 Dec 2003 09:32 PM)
serious.. brudder... why are u doubting me.... I got no connection with that shop.... !!!.... anyway.... believe me.... u either have fading memories....or your eyes are playing tricks on you....just kidding

Just in case you wanna challenge me for proof,... I am ready to standby what I say with proof........period...

cheers

proof? challenge? wat for??
you buy your ryukin, i keep my ranchu....
"well water dun disturb river water"

the bottomline is that shop's ranchu is ridiculously overpriced....tats all...
white horse T1
aiya don quarrel over trivial things lah.... rolleyes.gif caster, just a suggestion, may be nxt time, u bring along a digi camera to show yr different visiting times on the same tanks. the general feedback so far from that place is overpriced; wondering what "discount" is given to u as regulars, that's all. wink.gif

Spotted:
keong seng at Bukit Ho swee.
Cheeky ranchu spotted @$25. but curve may be slighly off.
didn't examine in detail but there may be 1-2 Ok shaped one for the picking.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Sun 28 Dec 2003 05:39 PM)
aiya don quarrel over trivial things lah.... rolleyes.gif caster, just a suggestion,  may be nxt time, u bring along a digi camera to show yr different visiting times on the same tanks.  the general feedback so far from that place is overpriced; wondering what "discount" is given to u as regulars, that's all. wink.gif

Spotted: 
Cheeky ranchu spotted @$25.  but curve may be slighly off.

Correction. Should be Keong Siong.
caster
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Sun 28 Dec 2003 05:39 PM)
aiya don quarrel over trivial things lah.... rolleyes.gif caster, just a suggestion,  may be nxt time, u bring along a digi camera to show yr different visiting times on the same tanks.  the general feedback so far from that place is overpriced; wondering what "discount" is given to u as regulars, that's all. wink.gif

Spotted: 
Cheeky ranchu spotted @$25.  but curve may be slighly off.

I agree the Ranchu is priced on the high side.... but very much the price can be bargain to more acceptable level... neverthless it is still higher.......

digi cam !! nah... too troublesome....Go on this thursday and you will see new shippment of Ryukins !!
CyberET
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 10:12 AM)
Go on this thursday and you will see new shippment of Ryukins !!

hmm? thursday morning or evening?
square_guy
caster, a disclaimer before i say anything. this is a honest opinion and i hope you take it in the right way.

ok i'm putting my neck on this one...

i have seen your gallery at AF.

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/caster/...newthairanchu1/

looking at the last pic (the fella on the right), i don't think it is good quality at all. the tailbone is kinked, and the tail seems to be too far apart from the body. i'm only saying this as u seems to have spent some serious money on them.

since u have the privilege of being the first few to choose from new stock, i think all of us would expect u have get the best fish next time peace.gif
caster
QUOTE(square_guy @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 10:26 AM)
caster, a disclaimer before i say anything. this is a honest opinion and i hope you take it in the right way.

looking at the last pic (the fella on the right), i don't think it is good quality at all. the tailbone is kinked, and the tail seems to be too far apart from the body. i'm only saying this as u seems to have spent some serious money on them.

since u have the privilege of being the first few to choose from new stock, i think all of us would expect u have get the best fish next time  peace.gif

Thank you for pointing it out.... I am very new to goldfish... still trying to learn to pick a good fish............ I will post some of my newer ranchus..... please do point out if my selection skill have improved !!

BTW the back is not kink... could be due to angle of the shots.......... I bot it because it looks very cute to me tongue.gif

I am very open to comments........... hope the sifu here will help to give a pointer or 2.

Being a regular means I have spent some $$ there and very likely school fees...hehhehehhe......... Being the first few to pick doesn't mean I pick correctly biggrin.gif ..... I hope my ranchu appreciation skill will improve...........

I will post some of my new ryukins pics soon... please comment too... thanks
caster
QUOTE(CyberET @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 10:25 AM)
hmm? thursday morning or evening?

The fish should be there by morning smile.gif
LASERGUY

since u have the privilege of being the first few to choose from new stock, i think all of us would expect u have get the best fish next time  peace.gif

Hat-off to Square_guy... good.gif , who is willing put his neck on the chopping board to mention what most of us wanted to say.
Bro Caster, hope that you don't take it too hard.
The fish that he pointed out, probably worth only cost 50 ~ 60 bucks at AC.
white horse T1

i m curious, how "serious" is the money spent on these thai ranchu?

my most exp one cost me $85 bucks from thailand below. compared notes abit

thai

what are the price at pasir ris, can share??
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:08 AM)
Hat-off to Square_guy... good.gif , who is willing put his neck on the chopping board to mention what most of us wanted to say.

hear hear!

And I'm glad caster has taken frank comments well!

Welcome to RafflesGold! wink.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:02 AM)
Thank you for pointing it out.... I am very new to goldfish... still trying to learn to pick a good fish............ I will post some of my newer ranchus..... please do point out if my selection skill have improved !!

BTW the back is not kink... could be due to angle of the shots.......... I bot it because it looks very cute to me tongue.gif

I am very open to comments........... hope the sifu here will help to give a pointer or 2.

Being a regular means I have spent some $$ there and very likely school fees...hehhehehhe......... Being the first few to pick doesn't mean I pick correctly  biggrin.gif ..... I hope my ranchu appreciation skill will improve...........

I will post some of my new ryukins pics soon... please comment too... thanks

Happy that you are okay... good.gif
To post any pictures of your newly acquired in the forum, probably you will need to prepare for others to scrutinise them. This is how we learned from mistakes and from other's view. Seriously, I will prefer all my fellow members to do this everytime instead of passing single word/line remarks like "swee", "nice" etc.
caster
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:08 AM)

no problems...... I am here to learn from everypone here... thank you.. I appreciate that.. smile.gif

I have being to AC many times.... as usual.. most of the good fish is gone...

BTW, the fish in the pcs are abt 5~6" (Including tail)

I have left my numbers in AC... hopefully they will call me when the new shippment is here smile.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 10:12 AM)
I agree the Ranchu is priced on the high side.... but very much the price can be bargain to more acceptable level... neverthless it is still higher.......

digi cam !! nah... too troublesome....Go on this thursday and you will see new shippment of Ryukins !!

<bro caster>
i hold my jaw alr, come shoot the price.....pls. shiok.gif

Bro mountain:
thks for correcting seng to Siong.
square_guy
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:02 AM)

glad u took it well. i still dun like the idea of paying school fees to lfs, why pay when u can learn it here laugh.gif
caster
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:54 AM)
<bro caster>

Bro mountain: 

wahahahahhaha...... let me put a pail below to catch the Jaws first tongue.gif

Anyway, it is a lesson learned.............
caster
QUOTE(square_guy @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 12:13 PM)
glad u took it well. i still dun like the idea of paying school fees to lfs, why pay when u can learn it here  laugh.gif

that's why I was aways asking for comments so that I can improved smile.gif.... just go ahead and shoot the comments on my fish... I would love to learn more.........

Infact few give sincere advise.... in here or in AF.........

I use to received PM like..wow.. swee... good... beautiful...etc... such comments are really not helping newbies like me...............

This is the first time I have actually recieved serious comments after posting for almost 2 mths.......... I feel that should be the spirit here.................. and that is what we should be looking for..

Thx
square_guy
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 12:52 PM)
Infact few give sincere advise.... in here or in AF.........

awww, tat's not fair...

it's always sensitive to give honest comments. sometimes it also depends on how well we know the poster. u came from AF when the culture over there is like, u know... how do we know you can take it in the right way? unless the poster specifically ask for piercing comments right from the start.

heck quite a few of us were from AF, but most of us weren't there now. coz we're different biggrin.gif
mountain
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 11:54 AM)
<bro caster>

Bro mountain: 

smoke.gif laser is the one who corrected the beng to seng..
mountain
QUOTE(hun citizen @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 01:29 PM)
You are also a smoker? shiok.gif

used to ah .. but lost my license to do so anymore ..
dennis
Hey, caster how much did you pay for those ? shiok.gif square_guy is right, ( in AF ) some people means to fish for complements when they ask for comments, so it's a very risky business being critical about other's babies tongue.gif

On the other hand I think it's quite safe in RG to do so, this is another different crowd altogather ( I think wink.gif ) ..... but then my standard is relatively low, so everyones else fishes looks better than mine beg1.gif
dennis
Field Report Update.

BTW Ben @ Tiong Bahru is selling alway his $200/$150/$95 ranchus for $60. I got a red and white fella, full of small lesion but should be able to heal nicely with some care. smile.gif

Cheers.
LASERGUY
Yuhoo! Was told that AC new shipment just arrived this afternoon, chiong ah......
mrchoco
is AC in clementi?
CyberET
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Tue 30 Dec 2003 06:06 PM)
Yuhoo! Was told that AC new shipment just arrived this afternoon, chiong ah......

aiya! damn it.. i left 2 mins after u post!
#@$!@$!!!!!#$@@#!~#!@!#@!#~@
tomorrow morning what time they open? 11am right?
new shipment consist of what fishes?
dennis
Hey looks like Aro-Pac @ YCK road has also jump into the Ranchu bandwagon.

Aro Pacific
white horse T1
Spotted drumstick shape lionchu at QH today 1230 hrs 31 Dec 2003

head growth really big
dennis
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Wed 31 Dec 2003 01:03 PM)
Spotted drumstick shape lionchu at QH today  1230 hrs 31 Dec 2003

head growth really big

Can you remember the price ?
white horse T1
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 31 Dec 2003 02:18 PM)
Can you remember the price ?

$40-$50 bucks i believe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.