Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thai Ranchu From Ipoh
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
mrchoco
Hi everyone, a new LFS shop is found in AMK ave 10 453 market. so currently there are 2 shops in that area fighting for goldfish share.

His ranchus are cheap. thai breed but brought up in Ipoh. So slightly cheaper. Good head and good body. According to him, thai ranchus are very very limited in stock. The smaller ones we see might be from Ipoh but are thai lines.

Just for info.

Cheers!
Gong Xi Fa Cai
Seacucumber
hmm.....last time Ipoh breed LH.....now ranchu liao ah??
mrchoco
maybe they will be the ones who will spoil the ranchu market.
Then we ranchu lovers will get to enjoy cheap goldfish!
hahaha...
Seacucumber
scarlee they overtake the Japs and Thais...
and who knows, Ozeki might change name to
Ipoh Horfun Ranchu Club....

oops....did i went too far??? biggrin.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sat 17 Jan 2004 08:22 PM)
Hi everyone, a new LFS shop is found in AMK ave 10 453 market. so currently there are 2 shops in that area fighting for goldfish share.

His ranchus are cheap. thai breed but brought up in Ipoh. So slightly cheaper. Good head and good body. According to him, thai ranchus are very very limited in stock. The smaller ones we see might be from Ipoh but are thai lines.

Just for info.

Cheers!
Gong Xi Fa Cai

Don't talk about that LH again. Stupid fish.
sheringam
QUOTE(WongDanny @ Sat 17 Jan 2004 10:38 PM)
Don't talk about that LH again. Stupid fish.

I do not like LH in the first place although many pple keep LH during the LH craze.

Some people keep not becos they like LH. They keep for the seek of keeping and thinking it will bring good luck, can see lucky numbers on the fish.

Now the craze is over, give away LH also nobody want.

Many pple release them in parks, reservoirs, ponds, drains, sea or anywhere there's water.

I even heard someone from my colleague actually did this.

That person scared later get caught and fine when release LH in the public.

What the sickening idiot moron do is suffocate the LHs in a pail. When the poor LHs run out of breath and die, he threw them away.

Reason being why the sicking idiot moron murdered the poor LHs is becos he want to keep another new fish, arowana.

I think he will not be stupid to murder the arowana if he does not want to keep it next time.

Have any bro seen this board in QH that says "If you like the fish, it's a good fish".

Although bros may comment that my ranchus are just normal, so so, not up to standard or defective, I think they're good fish becos I like them.

Even if I give up on the hobby or want to keep other fish, I will not murder them. Give the poor organisms a chance to survive.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sat 17 Jan 2004 08:22 PM)

Just for info.

Cheers!
Gong Xi Fa Cai

Is there really such a thing as Thai-bred Ipoh Raised?

Maybe... maybe the first generation, but what's stopping the farmers from breeding the 2nd generation onwards?

These are simply Ipoh ranchus.

It's not like... labour or land is expensive in Thailand that the Thai breeders need to "raise" their stock in a cheaper country.

To me, the claim is just a pathetic gimmick to add value to the shop's products.

Tio boh? mad.gif
Seacucumber
it ghappens that SG got no breeders....

put it this way, if i buy a pair of true Jap ranchu and breed them here...
successfully for a few spawns and generations, so are they considered Japs or SG ranchu??
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Sun 18 Jan 2004 08:54 AM)

successfully for a few spawns and generations, so are they considered Japs or SG ranchu??

You got me there. biggrin.gif

I would consider your product... a Singapore Bred Japanese Ranchu.

Damn.

Okay... so I guess the Ipon Raised Thai Ranchu is a valid claim.

ohmy.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sun 18 Jan 2004 10:19 AM)
You got me there.

I would consider your product... a Singapore Bred Japanese Ranchu.

Damn.

Okay... so I guess the Ipon Raised Thai Ranchu is a valid claim.

ohmy.gif

For business point of view, they rather keep their pond for arrowana. Make more money mah .

Ohoh! happydance.gif
mrchoco
thai ranchu also from Japan wad.

"Ipoh raised thai ranchu" marketing? not sure leh.but the ipoh ranchus looks decent enough. And they are priced cheaper. $30 for a pair. 3 inches.
mrchoco
QUOTE(g-string @ Sun 18 Jan 2004 08:54 AM)

SG have breeders wad..
GnG mah
Inxs
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sun 18 Jan 2004 11:52 AM)
SG have breeders wad..
GnG mah

Is it "thai ranchu SG breed"? Or "Jap ranchu SG breed"?
dennis
In my book it doesn't matter where the ranchu come from, if it's a nice and cheap ranchu, it's a good ranchu biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.