Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KokiBali's SVRs
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
KokiBali
Dear all RG bros, I am a new member and a newbie in goldfish keeping (just started few months ago). I have read almost all posts in RG's Fancy Goldfish Forum, and would like to learn more from you.

Last Saturday, I bought one golden SVR and one redwhite SVR. I have tried to insert the pictures but failed (error message: Sorry, dynamic pages in the IMG tags are not allowed). You can see them at my gallery or click on the links below.

Please comment, good or bad are welcome.

Regards,
William

Redwhite SVR viewed from top:
http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/4372ad0cz2f...hYVrcDBxMDZj5Bf

Redwhite SVR:
http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/4372ad0cz2f...hAlrcDB7vQbg3xD

Golden SVR viewed from top:
http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/4372ad0cz2f...hAlrcDBPnSIcD2a

Golden SVR:
http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/4372ad0cz2f...hAlrcDBb5yOAK9b
desireless
Halo,

You can attach the pictures here. Instructions in our FAQ here.

I cannot access your gallery unfortunately.
KokiBali
Thanks, Desireless. I have retried to use IMG tags but failed again. Hope this one will works.

Regards,
William

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
Yes it works. Some web sites do not allow out-linking. I guess the site which you have used disallowed that.

The fishes look cute.

Can you please use bigger pictures? Just the side view pictures will do as these are side view fishes.
CP
Pics a bit small; but in my opinion both are not good SVRs.Tail is not erect for the golden fish and shape of back is odd for the white fish.
If one were to pick between the two, the golden one is the better piece.

Fishes may have gill disease as the gill plates look open.

Rgds
CP
KokiBali
Hi, Desireless. Please find below, the bigger pictures.

Dear CP, thanks for your comment. I agree with you, the tail of the golden one is not as good as the white one. The back shape of the golden one is smoother but longer than the white one. The head (wen) of the white one is much better. As newbie, my first choice is the white one blush.gif

Gill disease? I have to check it again. If so, what should I do? Any advice for medication? These pieces are my best ones since I start this hobby, I don't want to loose them.

Thanks,
William

IPB Image
IPB Image
desireless
I prefer the white one in fact biggrin.gif

Did you purchase both in indonesia?

I asked because I have an interesting observation...
There is one batch introduced to the singapore market last week that bears the same traits as the white piece. Saw them at different locations in SG and thought that some breeder had a good spawn. Just find it coincidental that you can find the siblings in Indonesia too.

The only problem is.... most of them found here in Singapore comes with similar defects. A few pieces I shortlisted (with really good curve and potentially good headgrowth) comes with folded-up tail tip. Another common defect among them is uneven tail - one side bigger than another. I find it a pity seeing one tank of good ranchus but mostly bearing some defects at the tail.

And on top of these... their eyes looked rather strange to me
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:11 pm)
And on top of these... their eyes looked rather strange to me

i was just abt to ask if they look stunt......
too bad i hit quota liao, i need a place to kill time nap1.gif , PM me for the location to hone my skill pls.
CyberET
i prefer the golden one ;)
white horse T1
i prefer neither, i think i may visit their siblings to test my resolve not to buy fish on impulse. next mth will hit almost 6 mths i never buy any fish liao.
KokiBali
Thanks for your comments, Bros.

Desireless, I purchased them from LFS at Jakarta - Indonesia. The LFS owner said that the ranchus are local breed. They are the best ranchus I ever had since I started this hobby about 6 months ago. Quite expensive for me as newbie, about S$ 9 per piece.

Here are the latest photos, taken after 1 weeks from purchase date. The black color at the head and tail of the golden ranchu has changed.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
white horse T1
for $9, they are not too bad a catch. eyes look funny - maybe they have not been looked after when young. i see that the white has gained some bulk.- also in yr avatar right.
KokiBali
Yup. The white one has better head growth than the yellow one. Better arch too. Is there something I should do to the eyes?

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.