Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange Black Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
white horse T1
i ve 2 black ranchus.

one of them bought last year around Aug period. i notice that when this only black mixed with the red / white ranchu, it turn copper pretty fast. i tot it was the food.

upon sepeation with the pack, i quarantine for a couple of days bec of swim bladder problem.
upon recovery when i put it together with the newly bought charcoal black ranchu in the quarantine tank, i noticed that it has turned darker as day goes by.

the food is the same.

it seem to react like a chameleon....? to follow its other companion?
anyone have the same experience
LASERGUY
Did you test the pH of the water ?
Was told that Thai black ranchu normally darker with lower pH.
giorin
yes.gif I think same mr.Laserguy. Black ranchu need clean and clear water. clean and clear water make it darker. I use water over flow water after foods to clean my tank. and this my thai black ranchu side 6 cm. I bougth it 2 week ago. smile.gif please, comment it. and sorry I don't have glass tank to show side view.

IPB Image
CyberET
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Mon 19 Jan 2004 03:12 PM)
i ve 2 black ranchus.

one of them bought last year around Aug period.  i notice that when this only black mixed with the red / white ranchu, it turn copper pretty fast.  i tot it was the food.

upon sepeation with the pack, i quarantine for a couple of days bec of swim bladder problem.
upon recovery when i put it together with the newly bought charcoal black ranchu in the quarantine tank,  i noticed that it has turned darker as day goes by.

the food is the same.

it seem to react like a chameleon....?  to follow its other companion?
anyone have the same experience

enviromental effect i believe.. not sure does it applies for fishes as well though wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.