Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jakarta Goldfish Show 2005
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
KokiBali
------Posts splitted from 'Black Pearlscale Ranchu'--------
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:56 am)
so u visited the show ... nice fish there right ?

Yup, I went there with my wife and daughter. Very nice fishes. I will post the photos. Did you come also?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
KokiBali
Here are some of the participants. Enjoy....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
KokiBali
More.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
KokiBali
And more .....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
KokiBali
And the last 4 .....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
gohks
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 3:12 pm)
And the last 4 .....

KoKiBali,
Very nice fishes good.gif . I particulary like the reds coloration on some of the fishes. Very well define and deep coloration.
Wonder is that genetic, food or water conditions that promote this?
KokiBali
Bro Gohks,

During the contest, I saw that all tanks are equipped with UV lights which improve the red color of the fish. Maybe that is one of the reasons.
gohks
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 3:27 pm)
Bro Gohks,

During the contest, I saw that all tanks are equipped with UV lights which improve the red color of the fish. Maybe that is one of the reasons.

KokiBali,
Okay, there is some lighting that enhance the coloration. yes.gif

However, this is the first time I heard UV light is used in lighting for goldfish! shiok.gif
The Matrix
William, I almost there. Suppose to visit some of the friends farm. but cancel my trip due to work commitment. Maybe next time. There are quite a lot of home breeded fish among the participants, quite good grade fish also. Saw the new Bundung line ? hope to get one into my collection soon. That short tail pearl looks like the line bred in Indonesia.

Not UV lamp lah, floro red tubes. Really enhanced the coloration but tends to make white portion pinkish.
desireless
WOW shiok.gif

Such a eye-opener... Now I know where all the high quality fishes go to. biggrin.gif

I wish GA 21 was there too!!
d_golem
shiok.gif Nice fish! Too bad I'm in Perth, but going to Jakarta in January.

Kokibali, are there any goldfish shows in early january in Jakarta? or late december in Bali? pengen liat nih laugh.gif
and are there a few goldfish farms u can recommend me to go to?

Matrix, I think it's called Bandung, not Bundung biggrin.gif
KokiBali
William, I almost there. Suppose to visit some of the friends farm. but cancel my trip due to work commitment. Maybe next time. There are quite a lot of home breeded fish among the participants, quite good grade fish also. Saw the new Bundung line ? hope to get one into my collection soon. That short tail pearl looks like the line bred in Indonesia.

Do you mean Weyver Goldfish from Bandung? Is it the orandas? Yes, very nice fish. There is also a goldfish farm called Limas Goldfish, near Jakarta airport. I bought the black pearlscale ranchu from them.

Not UV lamp lah, floro red tubes. Really enhanced the coloration but tends to make white portion pinkish.

Yes, that's it. The LFS said that it is UV lamp, used to replace sun light in aquascaping. So, it is not true?
KokiBali
Kokibali, are there any goldfish shows in early january in Jakarta? or late december in Bali?

Hi, d_golem. I don't know, yet. Will find out and inform you later.

are there a few goldfish farms u can recommend me to go to

Try Limas Goldfish (62-21-55797651 or mobile phone 62-81511876579 Mr. Gunadi Trihardja), quite famous and near Jakarta airport. But I've never been there also, just met him at the show.
The Matrix
yup, i have spoken to a few of them. but i more interested in indonesia and brunei wild betta. biggrin.gif more valuable shiok.gif ** money cashier ringing ** too bad under wildlife protection, so ........
d_golem
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 5:45 pm)
Hi, d_golem. I don't know, yet. Will find out and inform you later.

Thx very very much kokibali. U can pm me on that ;)

QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 5:45 pm)
Try Limas Goldfish (62-21-55797651 or mobile phone 62-81511876579 Mr. Gunadi Trihardja), quite famous and near Jakarta airport. But I've never been there also, just met him at the show.

Thx again laugh.gif . I'll try contacting the number as soon as I'm in Jakarta
KokiBali
yup, i have spoken to a few of them. but i more interested in indonesia and brunei wild betta. biggrin.gif more valuable shiok.gif ** money cashier ringing ** too bad under wildlife protection, so ........

So, you want to create a new variety by mixing goldfish with betta? biggrin.gif I wonder what it will look like? A ranchu with a crown tail? shiok.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 6:14 pm)
So, you want to create a new variety by mixing goldfish with betta?  biggrin.gif I wonder what it will look like? A ranchu with a crown tail?  shiok.gif

hahahaha ... if both fish chromosomes can mix. Maybe 2 male ranchu see each others, they flare with their gill covers open. woooo .... joking.

i quite admire the betta there. anyway, it will be interesting if the pearl ranchu will come to Singapore and compete in the YuHua show ... dunno how the judges going to give points on special features liao.
CP
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 3:03 pm)

Buffalohead oranda? tongue.gif

Gotta be a Thai.Saw a batch of them in Singapore, at QKH.
d_golem
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 9:27 pm)
hahahaha ... if both fish chromosomes can mix. Maybe 2 male ranchu see each others, they flare with their gill covers open. woooo .... joking.

Uooo that'll be soo cool!!! shiok.gif
KokiBali
(The Matrix Yesterday, 8:27 pm)  anyway, it will be interesting if the pearl ranchu will come to Singapore and compete in the YuHua show ... dunno how the judges going to give points on special features liao.

At Aquarama 2005, there were participants from Indonesia. No one bring pearl ranchu? Mine is far from show class quality, otherwise I will participate biggrin.gif Just joking, I have no intention to participate in a show. Keeping goldfish as a hobby and admire its beauty.
TROJANISM_22
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 4:10 pm)
And more .....

this one i like good.gif good.gif good.gif

thanks for sharing... Indo has lots of nice goldfish and also Luo Hans beg2.gif
gohks
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 3:05 pm)
More.....

KokiBali,
Still find the coloration a bit fake. Start to beleive they really using UV light to enhance (first time learned of this shiok.gif ). I noticed the pictures reds are very red, and the colour of the water is blue!! (just like my UV ozonizer!!), particulary the longtailed R&W Ryukin. In fact I particularly like this one due to its grandness and coloration (won any prize?), though it does not have a prominent hump and wedge head we are looking for. good.gif
goldrush
Are you sure it is UV????????

If it is true all participants blinded and all fish burnt liao.

I suspect they combine the actinic blue with the usual aquarium lights to enhance

the coloration.

Sunglasses please.....

yikes.gif yikes.gif yikes.gif
KokiBali

I suspect they combine the actinic blue with the usual aquarium lights to enhance

the coloration.

Sunglasses please.....

Still find the coloration a bit fake. Start to beleive they really using UV light to enhance (first time learned of this shiok.gif ). I noticed the pictures reds are very red, and the colour of the water is blue!! (just like my UV ozonizer!!), particulary the longtailed R&W Ryukin. In fact I particularly like this one due to its grandness and coloration (won any prize?), though it does not have a prominent hump and wedge head we are looking for

LFS here in Indo always say it is UV lamp. Same tube (like usual fluorescent lamp), but the color of the light is a bit purplish or redish. Of course it is not 100% UV, only contains small portion I think. Like Bro Matrix said, it really enhances the color. Many brands to choose: Hitachi, TFC, Luxram, Nan, etc. The most popular is TFC. If we turn on the light 24 hrs a day, soon we will see algae in our tank.

Bro Gohks, the r&w ryukin is nice and cute. Unfortunately, I do not know if it won or not. I came right after the judging session. The following is the result posted in other forum but no photos:

HASIL KONTES MASKOKI
Kelapa Gading Trade Center
Jakarta, 2 - 4 Desember 2005

Top View Winner

Junior
1st ........... Goldfish Village Tangerang

Senior
1st............ Goldfish Village Tangerang
2nd........... Goldfish Village Tangerang
3rd........... Akhim

Side View Winner

Baby Ranchu
1st ............ Dede Bandung
2nd ........... Diamond Aquatic (Team D'POK/KMD)
3rd ............ Foxi Farm
4th ............ Bogos (Agus Hery)
5th ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)
6th ............ Metta (Team D'POK/KMD)

Junior Ranchu
1st ............ Bogos (Evan H.)
2nd ........... Bogos (Budi Santoso)
3rd ............ Oki Odang
4th ............ Tim Walet
5th ............ Bogos (Yusak)

Senior Ranchu
1st ............ Glenn
2nd ........... Bogos (Ani Mulyati)
4th ............ Tim Walet
5th ............ Bogos (Tropis)

Jumbo Ranchu
1st ............ Goldfish Village Tangerang
2nd ........... Tim Walet
4th ............ Glenn
5th ............ Goldfish Village Tangerang
6th ............ Bogos (Yopie S.)

Junior Oranda
1st ............ Goldfish Village Tangerang
2nd ........... Bogos (Yusak)
3rd ............ Goldfish Village Tangerang
4th ............ Bogos (Tropis)
5th ............ Bogos (Peter)

Senior Oranda
1st ............ Bogos (Tropis)
2nd ........... Oki Odang
3rd ............ Bogos (Nilam sari)
4th ............ Oki Odang
5th ............ Diamond Aquatic (Team D'POK/KMD)

Jumbo Oranda
1st ............ Harsono *
2nd ........... Goldfish Village Tangerang
3rd ............ Bogos (Henry)
4th ............ Bogos (Yopie S)
5th ............ Kris Widjoyo

Junior Ryukin
1st ............ Tim Walet
2nd ........... Bogos (Evan H)
3rd ............ Tim Walet
4th ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)

Senior Ryukin
1st ............ Harsono
2nd ........... Harsono
3rd ............ Bogos (Alfred)
4th ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)

Jumbo Ryukin
1st ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)
2nd ........... Harsono
3rd ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)
4th ............ Harsono
5th ............ Victor Hadinata

Junior Open
1st ............ Baja Goldfish (Ferdinandes)
2nd ........... Oki Odang
3rd ............ Baja Goldfish (Jansen)
4th ............ Harsono
5th ............ Hendi (Team D'POK/KMD)

Senior Open
1st ............ Foxi Farm
2nd ........... Harsono
3rd ............ Harsono
4th ............ Foxi Farm

Jumbo Open
1st ............ Baja Goldfish
2nd ........... Harsono
3rd ............ Harsono

Breeder
1st ............ Reza Farm (Team D'POK/KMD)
2nd ........... Bogos (Tropis)
3rd ............ Bens Aquarium
4th ............ Bens Aquarium

GRAND CHAMPION

Jumbo Oranda
Harsono *
d_golem
Aw shucks, it was in the area where I live also sad.gif wish I come back to indo sooner...
TROJANISM_22
Bro KokiBali,

do goldfish hobbyist there in Indo also uses Chingmix pellets?
gohks
Hi, KokiBali,
Do you know if the so called UV lamp has any negative effect on goldfish? As I know, UV is used to eliminate microscopic pores or organism in my ozonizer. I would check in our LFS whether this exist here.

As for the results, do you folks have the winner tag (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd..) pasted on the tank like what we used to have locally? Any tag on my favourite fish?
desireless
Ah.. It's great to be seeing familiar names like Harsono still winning trophies. good.gif Do you have a picture of Harsono's Grand Champ?

Anyway, what is "Bogos"? Is it an organisation? I see different names in bracket
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:53 pm)

the coloration.
Sunglasses please.....

yikes.gif  yikes.gif  yikes.gif

OK, found more about the UV light good.gif after some consultation locally. Can only be found in Arcadia brand, particulary in Arcadia D3 and Marine. Arcadia D3 is used for reptile, to promote Vitamine D3 necessary for health (bones, pigmentation) and is more recommended. There are some components of UV (UVA & UVB) that is harmless to human eyes. People are recently using this for Arowana for tanning to improve their coloration (noval way) and perhaps it can also be used for goldfish to improve coloration (unsure). It can also mix with your normal lighting.

Any braveheart have guts to give it a try?, maybe we can find a substitute for green water. nananana.gif
KokiBali
do goldfish hobbyist there in Indo also uses Chingmix pellets?

Bro TROJANISM_22, we have Chingmix pellets here in Indo but it is not so popular. Usually we use local products (made by Charoen Pokphand, Japfa Comfeed, etc.), or import products like Hikari or Galaxy.
KokiBali
Do you know if the so called UV lamp has any negative effect on goldfish? As I know, UV is used to eliminate microscopic pores or organism in my ozonizer. I would check in our LFS whether this exist here.

As for the results, do you folks have the winner tag (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd..) pasted on the tank like what we used to have locally? Any tag on my favourite fish?

OK, found more about the UV light good.gif after some consultation locally. Can only be found in Arcadia brand, particulary in Arcadia D3 and Marine. Arcadia D3 is used for reptile, to promote Vitamine D3 necessary for health (bones, pigmentation) and is more recommended. There are some components of UV (UVA & UVB) that is harmless to human eyes. People are recently using this for Arowana for tanning to improve their coloration (noval way) and perhaps it can also be used for goldfish to improve coloration (unsure). It can also mix with your normal lighting.

Any braveheart have guts to give it a try?, maybe we can find a substitute for green water.

The lamp for tanning usually used for Aro, not for goldfish. The purpose of the lamp that we usually use for goldfish is to make the color of our goldfish "looks better" (especially the red color). Not sure if it is really improve the goldfish color.

Regarding the show, I didn't see the winner tag. Only some color tags from judges as a mark.
KokiBali
Ah.. It's great to be seeing familiar names like Harsono still winning trophies. good.gif Do you have a picture of Harsono's Grand Champ?

Anyway, what is "Bogos"? Is it an organisation? I see different names in bracket

Hi, Desireless.

Sorry, I don't have the picture of the Grand Champ (maybe I have it because I took a lot of pictures, but I don't know which one is Harsono's Grand Champ).

Bogos stands for Borobudur Goldfish Society, a goldfish club for hobbyist in Central Java. The names in bracket is the member of the club who owns the fish.
desireless
Thanks for explanation. It makes sense now yes.gif

Don't worry about the picture for the Grand Champ... Maybe Mr Harsono can post his winning fish when he sees this message ;)
henry_giap
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 3:46 pm)

Here are the lionhead from Bandung.

IPB Image

IPB Image
henry_giap
Please enjoy the topview pics.

Junior 3 rd = yatake
IPB Image

Junior 2nd = yatake
IPB Image

Junior 1st = takao
IPB Image
henry_giap
And the senior

3rd = kashino
IPB Image

2nd = mita
IPB Image

1st = kashino
IPB Image
ranchu8
Thanks Henry for sharing, is the junior 3rd the one at the top pls? any closer/larger photo pls? for the senior, is the 3rd on the left? may i know who were the judges for the top view pls and how were the points given (if such info is available) eg tail x points, swimming y points?
desireless
Point system for fish competitions are seldom made public...
ranchu8
oh, ok smile.gif just that AJRS point system was discussed previously smile.gif but beer1.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(henry_giap @ Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:52 pm)
Please enjoy the topview pics.
Junior 3 rd = yatake
Junior 2nd = yatake
Junior 1st = takao

WOW !!!! That's extreme high grade Takao-san fish !!!
ranchu8
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:52 pm)
WOW !!!! That's extreme high grade Takao-san fish !!!

i thought some may comment that it's skinny? smile.gif
henry_giap
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:09 pm)
Thanks Henry for sharing, is the junior 3rd the one at the top pls? any closer/larger photo pls? for the senior, is the 3rd on the left? may i know who were the judges for the top view pls and how were the points given (if such info is available) eg tail x points, swimming y points?

The judges were from Japan, Mr. Akira Naitoh, Mr. Tatsuo Yatake, Mr. Shinnji Sugiura and Mr. Masahiro Suzaka.
The junior 2nd and 3rd were the souvenir from Mr. Yatake.
ranchu8
Thank you very much for sharing, Henry good.gif power ranchus
henry_giap
QUOTE(d_golem @ Mon, 05 Dec 2005 5:24 pm)
shiok.gif Nice fish! Too bad I'm in Perth, but going to Jakarta in January.

Kokibali, are there any goldfish shows in early january in Jakarta? or late december in Bali? pengen liat nih  laugh.gif
and are there a few goldfish farms u can recommend me to go to?

Matrix, I think it's called Bandung, not Bundung biggrin.gif

If everything goes as planned there would be another ornamental fish constest (goldfish, louhan and betta) around mid January '06 in Jakarta and the top view judge might be from a well known japanese hobbyist breeder and judge, our club's chairman is working hard on that.
d_golem
Lemme know the exact date so I can make sure I'll be in Jakarta during that time laugh.gif
The Matrix
the jan show should be judged by the famous breeder from Okayama.
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(henry_giap @ Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:00 pm)
If everything goes as planned there would be another ornamental fish constest (goldfish, louhan and betta) around mid January '06 in Jakarta and the top view judge might be from a well known japanese hobbyist breeder and judge, our club's chairman is working hard on that.

It is only a month away. Good Luck.
henry_giap
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:19 pm)
the jan show should be judged by the famous breeder from Okayama.

Yes, Mr. Kashino from Okayama is confirmed to be the judge at the 21st. Jan. 2006 show.
KokiBali
Yes, Mr. Kashino from Okayama is confirmed to be the judge at the 21st. Jan. 2006 show.

Dear Pak Henry,

I heard that the venue of the show is WTC Mangga Dua Jakarta and the date is 20-22 Jan. Is it correct?

Tks n rgds,
William.
henry_giap
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Wed, 11 Jan 2006 4:50 pm)
Dear Pak Henry,

I heard that the venue of the show is WTC Mangga Dua Jakarta and the date is 20-22 Jan. Is it correct?

Tks n rgds,
William.

U r right, P. William!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.