Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are These Butterfly Good?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
KokiBali
Dear all,

Just bought these butterfly at the show last Saturday. Would like to have comments from you on these fish. Good or bad are welcome.

Thanks,
William.

IPB Image IPB Image
The Matrix
these are side view butterfly. a side profile will help.
ranchu8
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 24 Jan 2006 5:52 pm)
these are side view butterfly. a side profile will help.

wah, butterfly also has top and side views? what's the difference pls?
CyberET
see from side view, and see from another view lor tongue.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:17 am)
wah, butterfly also has top and side views? what's the difference pls?

Butterfly only refer to the tail structure, short form calling. The actual should be called as Butterfly Tail Dragon eyes.

Like Ranchu, butterfly also got top and side view. This was started a few years ago and a group of hobbyists bring the top view to the world attention right at Great World City, Singapore. you know who liao lor.

A major different is the tail, of course. Butterfly tail must be broad, well spread. A good top view butterfly can spread from near the eyes downward. Look at my avatar (paisey ...). A side view butterfly will never have such spread when view from top, also the tail lack the structure to hold up firmly. But a top view butt seldom look nice from side, a side view rarely looks good from top.
KokiBali
Thanks, Bro Matrix. I thought these one also a top view butterfly, although not as good as the one in your avatar. So these are ordinary Moors/dragon eyes?
KokiBali
Matrix, what do you think about this one? Side view or top view? I prefer to appreciate it from top.

IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
The Matrix
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:01 pm)
Thanks, Bro Matrix. I thought these one also a top view butterfly, although not as good as the one in your avatar. So these are ordinary Moors/dragon eyes?

I dun like to call them ordinary. Just the usual ones.

QUOTE(KokiBali @ Fri, 27 Jan 2006 3:23 pm)
Matrix, what do you think about this one? Side view or top view? I prefer to appreciate it from top.

Side view butterfly tail dragon eyes. This fish not that bad looking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.