Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 2006 Buy From The Darkside....
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Below are some of my first purchase of goldfish in 2006 breaking an unprecedented void of 6 months without a buy.These are thai side view black measuring only 2 inch across.Cheapo doc got it at a PREMIUM of $25 each shiok.gif
Despite their tender age,they show alot of potential in physial features even on head growth!Here are some photos taken for your viewing pleasure.

IPB Image
goldrush
I got 4 in total

This is another side profile of two of them

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
The FANTASTIC FOUR

The extreme below one looks like the image of SCREAM 1,2,3................ biggrin.gif

IPB Image
marc9
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:22 pm)
The FANTASTIC FOUR

The extreme below one looks like the image of SCREAM 1,2,3................ biggrin.gif

gd curvature and headgrowth at a tender age..but need xtra wrk to maintain the blackness..where did u get them frm?
CP
It bears some resemblance to this piece I had previously.
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...y&cmd=si&img=12

But I had paid much more for it. hmm.gif

One thing I notice about blackies, buying them small stands a very small chance to groom them into a large adult.Most likely 'fish tails'.Be happy if you can raise them to 5 or 6 inches, that is my prediction.

Do update us 6 months down the road.
gohks
Looks and price range typical Qian Hu's. Do keep in green water to preserve the black (see, I still advocate use of green water) nananana.gif
peter porker
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:22 pm)
The FANTASTIC FOUR

you training them to swim like the fish in the infamous fish synchronise swimming video?
laugh.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(peter porker @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:33 pm)
you training them to swim like the fish in the infamous fish synchronise swimming video?
laugh.gif

you kou fu mah

rofl2.gif rofl2.gif rofl2.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(marc9 @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:36 pm)
gd curvature and headgrowth at a tender age..but need xtra wrk to maintain the blackness..where did u get them frm?

thankyousign.gif: I got it from Pasir Ris Farm
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:56 pm)
It bears some resemblance to this piece I had previously.
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...y&cmd=si&img=12

But I had paid much more for it. hmm.gif

One thing I notice about blackies, buying them small stands a very small chance to groom them into a large adult.Most likely 'fish tails'.Be happy if you can raise them to 5 or 6 inches, that is my prediction.

Do update us 6 months down the road.

You are damn right......Blackies are extremely slow grower esp Thais ones:mad

Just can't resist the temptation of adding to my existing ones angel.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(gohks @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:05 pm)
Looks and price range typical Qian Hu's.  Do keep in green water to preserve the black (see, I still advocate use of green water)  nananana.gif

I have always kept my blacks in clean clear water under the sun so far no lost of ebony leh... peace.gif
marc9
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 6:57 pm)
thankyousign.gif: I got it from Pasir Ris Farm

arghh..pasir ris..just wanted to go today to see see look look..any other nice ones u saw goldrush..
goldrush
QUOTE(marc9 @ Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:23 pm)
arghh..pasir ris..just wanted to go today to see see look look..any other nice ones u saw goldrush..

Not this current batch.Not my cup of tea.Sometimes you need an element of luck to meet your pick if u know what I mean. peace.gif
chochiss
nice blackies. thai ranchus? how do you maintain the black?
goldrush
QUOTE(chochiss @ Fri, 03 Mar 2006 3:10 am)
nice blackies. thai ranchus? how do you maintain the black?

hi.gif

Oh yes as stated,they are Thais
Basically I keep them in clean ,clear ,wall algaed environment with lots of sun and strictly no colored food.
white horse T1
2 yrs back i got heartache by buying a couple @50 and 80 bucks and $$$.
from them, finally learnt a big lesson on fish keeping and finally a complete mindset change in buying AAA fish hmm.gif

good catch
ball
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:27 pm)
2 yrs back i got heartache by buying a couple @50 and 80 bucks and $$$.
from them, finally learnt a big lesson on fish keeping and finally a complete mindset change in buying AAA fish  hmm.gif

good catch

White Horse,
What big lesson did you learn?
I am those cheapo hobbyist, sometime I also wonder if I should spend more to buy a better fish.
goldrush
Videos to the blackies:

Direct Link: http://www.rafflesgold.com/members/goldrush/goldrushblack02.wmv
goldrush

Direct Link: http://www.rafflesgold.com/members/goldrush/goldrushblack01.wmv
peter porker
I think you have gotten yourself a very good deal...
gohks
swee.gif it would be much better if background music of starwars.gif is provided ;)
goldrush
First I must thank Desireless for helping me uploading the clip as I'm suck at such feat!
Secondly what I have included above is a clip not of my present purchase but a similar buy from the same vendor some months back.The thing I want to highlight is the blackie will still retain its pitch black and heighten headgrowth in proper environment.Both were bought at similar size as those that were shown but now they are close to 5 inch only.It cost me $30 apiece back then laugh.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 04 Mar 2006 6:53 am)
First I must thank Desireless for helping me uploading the clip as I'm suck at such feat!
Secondly what I have included above is a clip not of my present purchase but a similar buy from the same vendor some months back.The thing I want to highlight is the blackie will still retain its pitch black and heighten headgrowth in proper environment.Both were bought at similar size as those that were shown but now they are  close to 5 inch only.It cost me $30 apiece back then  laugh.gif

i was just abt to ask why the size of that fish in yr hand don seem to be proportional to the 1st picture

uncle gold:
that is to say, u starting a ranchu blackie comm pool....

for bro ball:
the big lesson is: All are dead and i finally found out why. rolleyes.gif
chochiss
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 03 Mar 2006 7:48 am)
hi.gif

Oh yes as stated,they are Thais
Basically I keep them in clean ,clear ,wall algaed environment with lots of sun and strictly no colored food.

no colored food means do you feed them with Hikari food products? what kinda food is best to maintain its black? how bout the water setup? do you add kh powder to further enhance black or just a normal high ph will do? what about the ph reading? kindly advise as i do get a lot of opportunity in acquiring thai blackies real cheap. thanks
white horse T1
i saw one batch at C328 selling $48
marc9
ur black ranchus have left me drooling..but i still dun have the resources and knowledge to cope with black ranchu.. good.gif
goldrush
What happen to your blacks White horse?
What size are they selling at C328?

Chochiss
No colored food means strictly no carotenoid bases color enhancer neither do I give spirulina based ones.You can feed them with high protein pellets likeJapan ranchu lord or Chanko
Feed them lots of algae as a natural color enhancer and supplement with frozen blood worms for better hood growth.Basically the water is kept the same as all my other fishes with regular water changes,dechlorinated top up and buffered with baking soda.
white horse T1
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:53 pm)
What happen to your blacks White horse?
What size are they selling at C328?

all mati lor....

the size same as yrs at C328. not much to pick also; someone bought them, i didn't really bother, the new batch of arowana @998 more eye catching
goldrush
Labour Day Update

2 months on

Tiny blacks have not reached competition size yet maybe next year biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
aiyo ... quick quick pump it up. not bad looking leh.
CP
The shades of yellow in the belly may not be a very good sign, but if these buggers swim horizontal like in the second pic, you've got a chance at the upcoming comp!!
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 01 May 2006 8:51 pm)
The shades of yellow in the belly may not be a very good sign, but if these buggers swim horizontal like in the second pic, you've got a chance at the upcoming comp!!

Much toooooo small unlikely to touch 10 cm at the end of the month hmm.gif
goldrush
One of the blacks that finally hit 10 cm biggrin.gif hmm.gif

IPB Image
goldrush
But wait let me show you one of my rare finds

A super black pompom ranchu that swims horizontally without the usual head dip but most unfortunately with minimal headgrowth.This piece is 5and 1/2 inch in length now.

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
Very nice piece ! Make sure it grow beyond the 7" mark ...
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 9:39 pm)
One of the blacks that finally hit 10 cm biggrin.gif  hmm.gif

I like this one.Pray that it keeps growing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.