Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Tvr Reject Picked
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Lately we have been bombarded by the yellow- ribbon campaign in giving ex-convicts over here a second chance in our biased and cruel society .So convicts that show sincerity to change for the better and likely to serve with conviction, here’s your chance to redeem yourself. Similarly this is another acquired piece that will fail miserably as a TVR but would you give him a second chance to grace your pond or tank if his side profile happened to be something like this? Measuring close to 3 inch this Thai specimen is another acquisition for my development plan. May not achieve show grade status but certainly acceptable standard for general appreciation… biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Head on profile

IPB Image

The other side profile(lateral view)

IPB Image
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:04 pm)
The other side profile(lateral view)

Yah, looks good on SV yes.gif , think it has potential to become a beauty smile.gif Pump up the body mass and girth and wen and it will looks good. Good back. good.gif
white horse T1
doc never chio to pick culled.

i also pick this culled - this is the chosen one after digging 4 30min and catching the shortlistd ones repeatedly out of a possible 80 culled.

less than 3 cm ;)

taken with a HP phone....

IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:00 pm)
Head on profile

Doc... is its right tail tip alright? I thought I see a clip-in from front profile.

I like the left profile. Although the curve is not ideal, the overall suggests a good buy. Potentially good forehead good.gif
desireless
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:35 pm)

Ah Tan, this one looks like wrap-around tail. If you have time can take a clearer pic?
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:41 pm)
Doc... is its right tail tip alright? I thought I see a clip-in from front profile.

I like the left profile. Although the curve is not ideal, the overall suggests a good buy. Potentially good forehead good.gif

orientation abit confusing.

based on Ship definition and orientation.
Left means Port side
Right means Starboard side

so yr right means that if the fish head is facing right (based on computer orientation). by defective right tail, u mean it is the starboard side of the entire tail right ?

like that also u can see ? good.gif

as fellow cull collector, this one cannot hemp right....
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:44 pm)
Ah Tan, this one looks like wrap-around tail. If you have time can take a clearer pic?

ok better not hyjack doc thread.....
desireless
I mean the fish's starboard. If that's really a clip-in, it is at the tail tip at the bottom. But it could just be the fish in motion.
KokiBali
Doc, how do you know if it is a TVR cull? Did you buy it directly from the TVR breeder? I understand if LFS 're-categorising' the ranchu for commercial purposes (cull TVR sold as SVR, or vice-versa), but will the breeder do that?

Thanks,
William.
goldrush
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 8:58 am)
Doc, how do you know if it is a TVR cull? Did you buy it directly from the TVR breeder? I understand if LFS 're-categorising' the ranchu for commercial purposes (cull TVR sold as SVR, or vice-versa), but will the breeder do that?

Thanks,
William.

Hello William

I bought it from a LFS that classify this fish as a TVR and not a SVR.Of course they dont classify it as a cull but I happened to scoop it for a side view look and kind of give this little fellow a chance.To me to classify ranchu into TVR or SVR is in actual purely commercial in intent and consumers are often misled in many ways.For me if I want to see and keep a fish and be appreciated from the lateral view as in a tank sitting in my waiting room ,then a good side view profile would be important and of course obtaining it at a fraction of its cost if it happens to be classified under the wrong category of lower value. biggrin.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:41 pm)

I like the left profile. Although the curve is not ideal, the overall suggests a good buy.  Potentially good forehead good.gif

Wahlau you got microscopic eyes good.gif
You should be working for the pathological department(NOT THE CANTONESE ONE)
yes the right tends to fold in when not in motion
KokiBali
I bought it from a LFS that classify this fish as a TVR and not a SVR.Of course they dont classify it as a cull but I happened to scoop it for a side view look and kind of give this little fellow a chance.To me to classify ranchu into TVR or SVR is in actual purely commercial in intent and consumers are often misled in many ways.For me if I want to see and keep a fish and be appreciated from the lateral view as in a tank sitting in my waiting room ,then a good side view profile would be important and of course obtaining it at a fraction of its cost if it happens to be classified under the wrong category of lower value. 

So you don't care with what the seller said. If you found a TVR with side view profile better than top view profile, then you will appreciate it as SVR. Right? I think I got your point, Doc.

Just curious, do you know what the breeders do with their culls (not the fish tail)?

Thanks.
goldrush
Kekekekeke I'm no breeder.Perhaps you should ask them
I think those unmarketable would land them as feeders,fertilisers or simply given away or even dump into the drains or waterways.
KokiBali
I think those unmarketable would land them as feeders,fertilisers or simply given away or even dump into the drains or waterways.

It's a pity......
goldrush
Ok a few days never post liao(can't help it sleep only 2 hours daily) Include here is the fish seen today after some three months.Growth has been pathetic indoor so I move it outdoor for a month now. A topview video of it to show its swimming

IPB Image
The Matrix
Can I say this is not a TVR reject ? rather, not a TVR at all.
CP
If it maintains this shape and proportion and grows to 7 or 8 inches, it will definately make a good SVR.
white horse T1
been a good 3 mths alr. time flies

colour improve. it has the unqiue 钟无艳 look on the front. one size red, one size white.
nothing wrong for doc to say it is a TVR reject bec it is in no way conform to a TVR norm. technically SVR is a TVR culled or reject.

not too sure abt size growth as no relative comparison.
making reference to CP piece in another thread, if it is same, then should be alright.
fei miao
Hi!:hi New to goldfish keeping.
That's a nice "reject" with my novice appreciation, where did you get this fella? smile.gif I'm looking for some nice entry level TVRs, don't mind having "rejects" like this yes.gif

===
Moderator's Message

A note to all newbies: Please stick to fish appreciation.

Don't ask WHERE do owners get their fishes because such questions are seldomly answered. If they have meant to reveal that info, they would have mention it in their post.

You can PM (Private Message) the owners though, but please bear in mind that they have no obligations to tell you.
The Matrix
Even goldrush tell u where he got it, that's 3 mths ago. U got time machine to go back then to buy. biggrin.gif Just go around every farms, lfs and look for fishes u like.
goldrush
ok this is a clearer pic taken of the side profile of this fish

one noticeable feature is the amount of red infiltration into the fins and tail.If you look at the fish 3 months back,the fins and tail are bounded by white ends .But now all extremities are colored red!!!!!So do take note of changes in pattern and color presentation as fish develops and make picture reference to help you in appreciating such changes.You can never know how much a fish can change.

IPB Image
ranchu8
Interesting Goldrush, what pellets do you feed it with? and lots of wall algae? smile.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:27 am)
Interesting Goldrush, what pellets do you feed it with? and lots of wall algae? smile.gif

Now this fish is fed exclusively on JRL only and supplement with algae.Now this is because it shares the tub with a blackie which i do not wish to tarnish the black with color enhancers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.