Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guenther's Goldfishes And Tank
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Guenther
Hallo Forum

At first, thank you for registration.

I will show you some small blue fantail, and one orange mat fantail bred by myself.
Here in Germany you can not get quality goldfish, so, during 2 years i bred these fantail from no quality goldfish, a sad condition - never i have seen such quality goldfish here in Germany like yours

If you are interests, you can see more

Blue Fantail

Orange Fantail

I would be very pleased, if someone in Europe can sell 2 or 3 Ranchu of good quality. Ranchu are unfortunately hardly available in Germany.

Regards
Guenther

IPB Image
gohks
Nice decor good.gif , how often you need to replenish those background grass and plants? yes.gif
Guenther
QUOTE(gohks @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:35 pm)
Nice decor  good.gif , how often you need to replenish those background grass and plants?

I never replenish the plants, the plants like vallisneria, aponogeton, anubias, echinodorus... and other plants are more then 3 years old and i have to cut them ~ every 2-3 weeks

Regards
Geunther

IPB Image
goldrush
Guten Tag! hi.gif hi.gif hi.gif

Welcome to RG
You have done a great job in breeding your own fan tails with limited resources and undocumented bloodline.Great video with nice deco and landscaping

Danke schon thankyousign.gif:

goldrush
CP
QUOTE(Guenther @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 6:09 pm)
I would be very pleased, if someone in Europe can sell 2 or 3 Ranchu of good quality. Ranchu are unfortunately hardly available in Germany.

You may wish to try and contact Mr Geert Coppens, a ranchu breeder who lives in Belgium and also a honorary member of this forum.

I think he is busy culling his fries by the thousands at this moment.His ranchus are definately of good quality.

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2245
Guenther
goldrush, thankyousign.gif: for your complements blush.gif smile.gif
Guenther
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 1:40 pm)
You may wish to try and contact Mr Geert Coppens

Thanks for your answer, I will try to contact
goldrush
Your nick surely remind me of the great German football player of the 70's: Gunther Netzer

By the way do you keep only fantails?
desireless
Hi Guenther,

A warm welcome to our forum! hi.gif

I like seeing breeders from different parts of the world coming to here and sharing their experiences. This time from an unlikely place like Germany biggrin.gif (The Germans are very famous for breeding discus).

You have a logo of Shubunkin. Do you breed shubunkin too?

I hope that you'll have a good time here. good.gif
gohks
QUOTE(Guenther @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 7:51 pm)
I never replenish the plants, the plants like vallisneria, aponogeton, anubias, echinodorus... and other plants are more then 3 years old and i have to cut them ~ every 2-3 weeks

Regards
Geunther

Hi, Geunther,
This came as a real surprise to me ohmy.gif goldfish are known nibble and the plants with them usually could not live long. Did you inject CO2 and having strong lighting to encourage plant growth...Mind sharing more about your tank setup hi.gif
d_golem
Very nice looking fantails, Guenther! Any chance of them having ryukin blood? (seeing they're a little "humpy" smile.gif )
The Matrix
QUOTE(Guenther @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 6:09 pm)
I will show you some small blue fantail, and one orange mat fantail bred by myself.
Here in Germany you can not get quality goldfish, so, during 2 years i bred these fantail from no quality goldfish, a sad condition - never i have seen such quality goldfish here in Germany like yours

Hi Guenther,

The blue not as good. but the mat orange is nice. keep this orange fellow well.

sorry can't help you much in term of goldfish purchase, I got no idea how's the ornamental fish industry there.
Guenther
QUOTE(d_golem @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 5:00 pm)
Any chance of them having ryukin blood? (seeing they're a little "humpy" smile.gif  )

Yes, it's right. good.gif

First I bred with these fishes

IPB Image

then I selected theses fishes

IPB Image

and in the moment, the result are the blue fishes from video and the red-white-blue fishes you can see in my gallery, some are more fantail or ryukin

regards
Guenther
QUOTE(gohks @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 4:08 pm)
Hi, Geunther,
This came as a real surprise to me  ohmy.gif goldfish are known nibble and the plants with them usually could not live long.  Did you inject CO2 and having strong lighting to encourage plant growth...Mind sharing more about your tank setup  hi.gif

Yes, I use bio-co2

IPB Image
with co2 reaktor

IPB Image
intern bio-foam filter

IPB Image
after ~ 1 year

IPB Image
but no strong light

Today, in the evening, I will make new pictures for you, ok?

But often I give to my goldfish cooked salat, so they only nibble a little bit at plants yes.gif

Regards
Guenther
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 07 Mar 2006 2:47 pm)
By the way do you keep only fantails?

No, some of my fishes I show you in my gallery...

Regards
gohks
Guenther,
Thks for sharing smile.gif , you got the most well decor tank I have seen so far good.gif eye-opener for me to really witness a well planted tank mixed with goldfish shiok.gif ..More pictures, overview of front and side of tank would be much appreciated! smile.gif
Guenther
QUOTE(gohks @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:39 pm)
...More pictures, overview of front and side of tank would be much appreciated! smile.gif

Ok, I hope, show you tomorrow new pictures

These tank is a tank with youg shubunkin, now in these tank are some of the fantail I bred

IPB Image

Regards
gohks
QUOTE(Guenther @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 7:53 pm)
Ok, I hope, show you tomorrow new pictures

These tank is a tank with youg shubunkin, now in these tank are some of the fantail I bred

Regards

good.gif Noticed the condition of water is tip-top...Care to further share some tips on upkeeing a crystal clear water and preventing algae bloom...Also, what's your maintenance schedule and did you measure the water parameters, e.g. PH,.....
Upkeeping must not be easy for you, in view of the sands and numerous plants you have unsure.gif
Guenther
Here you can see 3 of my 7 tanks

\"IPB

\"IPB

\"IPB
ball
Beautiful. The calico color seem to blend very well with the background.
Guenther
QUOTE(gohks @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 1:32 pm)
Care to further share some tips on upkeeing a crystal clear water

In some tanks I use "Eheim-Ecco-Filter", in other tanks I use bio-foam filter.
So, I use in my 330L tank only bio-foam with 600L/ hour pump

and preventing algae bloom...

I do nothing than waiting some days, reducing the light.
Algae bloom I only found in new tanks without good bacteria in filter and sand and too many fishes ;)

Also, what's your maintenance schedule and did you measure the water parameters, e.g. PH,.....

Every week I change ~60 percent from water, cut the plants, clean the glasses
~ all 3 month cleaning the filter
pH~ 7-7.5 , kH ~ 5, nitrat ~ 20-50 mg/l, no nitrit, no ammonia

Upkeeping must not be easy for you, in view of the sands and numerous plants you have  unsure.gif

Oh no. Look at the 260 L tank. The plants now grow there 2 years, the sand is not interesting for me.
With a hose I change the water und fill the tanks, during this time drinking a glas red wine good.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.