Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Feeding
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
KokiBali
Dear all Bros and Sis,

Can we leave our goldfish with no feeding for 10 days? My brother has some BBRs and baby tosakins (about 3-4 cm length) and he has to go for a business trip for 10 days. Couldn't find autofeeder in the city where he lives and no maid to help him taking care of his fish.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
William.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 4:58 pm)
Dear all Bros and Sis,

Can we leave our goldfish with no feeding for 10 days? My brother has some BBRs and baby tosakins (about 3-4 cm length) and he has to go for a business trip for 10 days. Couldn't find autofeeder in the city where he lives and no maid to help him taking care of his fish.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
William.

Dear William,
All babies, I'll say no.

Regards,
David Hou
KokiBali
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 4:27 pm)
Dear William,
All babies, I'll say no.

Regards,
David Hou

Thanks, David. Couldn't find any solution at this moment, he will be leaving this Friday sad.gif

I think I should find the autofeeder and send it to him immediately.

Rgds.
CP
Agree with TVR, its OK if there is no feeding for adults but NOT BBRs.

There is a type of food whereby it will slowly dissolve in the water over many days and slowly releases the food (usually freeze dried live feeds).May be an option, try to look for it at your LFS.

Product is Made in Taiwan if I remember correctly.
goldrush
Now if it is BBR we have to very careful as no feeding will stunt the fish but again feeding them thro an auto feeder may deteriorate the water in no time as the absence of a water change will inevitably result in a plunge in water parameters.I think u must work out some time table for someone to care for the young and dont forget the basic husbandry.Alternatively u may have to link your rearing tank to a continuous drip reservoir of clean water to allow constant water change.But again a period of supervision should be incorporated to ensure proper function of both facilities.
KokiBali
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 9:02 pm)
Agree with TVR, its OK if there is no feeding for adults but NOT BBRs.

There is a type of food whereby it will slowly dissolve in the water over many days and slowly releases the food (usually freeze dried live feeds).May be an option, try to look for it at your LFS.

Product is Made in Taiwan if I remember correctly.

Dear CP,
Thanks for your info. I never heard of this product, will try to find it here. But since it is freezed, it will change the water temperature if I put in big quantities to allow it be released periodically within 10 days. Do you think it is safe?

QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 08 Mar 2006 9:14 pm)
Now if it is BBR we have to very careful as no feeding will stunt the fish but again feeding them thro an auto feeder may deteriorate the water in no time as the absence of a water change will inevitably result in a plunge in water parameters.I think u must work out some time table for someone to care for the young and dont forget the basic husbandry.Alternatively u may have to link your rearing tank to a continuous drip reservoir of clean water to allow constant water change.But again a period of supervision should be incorporated to ensure proper function of both facilities.

Dear Goldrush,
I agree with you. The best solution is to find someone assisting my brother to take care the fish. Will let him know. Thanks a lot.
d_golem
Don't use those evil feeding blocks. It will wreak havoc on ur water.
KokiBali
QUOTE(d_golem @ Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:07 am)
Don't use those evil feeding blocks. It will wreak havoc on ur water.

Thanks, Bro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.