Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Do It This Way ? For Green Water
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
low
Hi,

can a fill up a bottle of tap water say 2l, cap it then put under the sun.

will I get green water this way ? blush.gif

Thanks.
desireless
What you have suggested is not difficult to setup. Please try and let us know. What I foresee is you might get the inner wall of the bottle full of algae but that's not green water.

What I would suggest to your method is to add some pellets and air stone as HB has done before.

The methods mentioned in the pinned topics section are sure-work methods.
low
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 22 Mar 2006 7:55 pm)
What you have suggested is not difficult to setup. Please try and let us know. What I foresee is you might get the inner wall of the bottle full of algae but that's not green water.

What I would suggest to your method is to add some pellets and air stone as HB has done before.

The methods mentioned in the pinned topics section are sure-work methods.

the water did turn green but like what you had say "the inner wall of the bottle full of algae "....not full of algae but do have algae.

I will put up pic .....
low
here the pics. the green seem not getting anymore greener.....
anyway, is the green water color ok ?

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
Nope, doesnt look good.

Try throwing a couple of pellets to generate ammonia, the green water should look like a bottle of sugar cane juice.
low
QUOTE(CP @ Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:23 pm)
Nope, doesnt look good.

Try throwing a couple of pellets to generate ammonia, the green water should look like a bottle of sugar cane juice.

Thanks will try ......how about fish poo..?
desireless
Can... but i would rather take pellets with my hands lol.gif

In your picture, wall algae is building up by the way.

PS: On a sidenote, I read a report that if you leave a mineral bottle in your car for too long, the water will become unsuitable (poisonous) for drinking due to the heat causing the plastic bottle to react...
goldrush
Leave the engine on and you get carbon monoxide poisoning(in the bottle) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
low
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:46 pm)
Leave the engine on and you get carbon monoxide poisoning(in the bottle) biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

ha ha ...then remember to read the news paper oh !!! beg2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.