Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mountain Oranda
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
mountain
sorry, this oranda is not found in the mountain but bought from a lfs.

nothing special, just sharing this is the oranda i bought long time ago.
again, pls take note the lighting and i am using a viewcam which has color correcting capability. so red is not red, orange is not orange.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mountain
this is another one, the smaller version but i loved him.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

a bit photos more can be found in my oranda gallery
Hamad
They're stunning!! shiok.gif
Especially the second one, I love the large head, very short body, and long fins!

How long did you have them?
HappyBuddha
I like the "Small Oranda" better too.

Until hamad points it out, I didn't notice they are short-bodied orandas. Were these one of those $2-$3 orandas at the LFS? Goosh, I never managed to keep mine alive for long. mad.gif

Oh goosh, the head/body ratio is 1:1!

good.gif
Hamad
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Fri 30 Jan 2004 02:54 AM)
Were these one of those $2-$3 orandas at the LFS? Goosh, I never managed to keep mine alive for long.  mad.gif 

Oh goosh, the head/body ratio is 1:1!

good.gif

I hope he had them since they were little, that'll give me hope! laugh.gif
I've seen a lot of the small Malaysian Orandas in the LFS last week, I might go pick some up if any left and try with them....but Mountain gotta reveal his secret first! wink.gif
kiatmobile
QUOTE(mountain @ Thu 29 Jan 2004 11:02 PM)
sorry, this oranda is not found in the mountain but bought from a lfs.

nothing special, just sharing this is the oranda i bought long time ago.
again, pls take note the lighting and i am using a viewcam which has color correcting capability. so red is not red, orange is not orange.
User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Its very beautiful...
Which lfs you bought it from?
mountain
Oversized Linked Image (Click to Expand)
IPB Image

this is a old pic undated pic. hmmm ... rough estimation bought both the duds ard April~May of last year bah. $1 nia laugh.gif actually just to show HB my torn tails like i promised.

there's no secret wor unsure.gif i guess this is a case of a good gene oranda. Note the old pic barely have any headgrowth. Its not growing in size anymore, so i guess thats the biggest it gets (plz dun grow anymore).

the onli think is i feed Hikari pellets lor. i guess tat helps a bit.
Hamad
They don't even look like the same fish Mountain!! shiok.gif

Did you raise them in green water, cycled water, or daily water change? I want to give your way a try! laugh.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 30 Jan 2004 09:00 AM)
User Posted Image

this is a old pic undated pic. hmmm ... rough estimation bought both the duds ard April~May of last year bah. $1 nia  laugh.gif actually just to show HB my torn tails like i promised.

there's no secret wor  unsure.gif i guess this is a case of a good gene oranda. Note the old pic barely have any headgrowth. Its not growing in size anymore, so i guess thats the biggest it gets (plz dun grow anymore).

the onli think is i feed Hikari pellets lor. i guess tat helps a bit.

Ooops. I forgot to look at the split. Thanks for showing; that's a split alright. Looks like such kind won't heal over time. I'm kinda disappointed to learn this. mad.gif

Yeah, they sure don't look like they used to. The headgrowth is especially impressive.

Can you point out the old pic of "Big" oranda? I'm curious to know if its back is as straight when it was small. Somehow... the straight back now is making it look... funny and hopefully, you can tell us what to watch out for when buying little orandas. Thanks.
Hamad
HB, I think the big fish in the last pic Mountain posted is the one with straight back and the smaller one is the one we liked! I could be mistaken though lol

Also I don't think the split is bad really, it actually looks nice on long fins...makes them look like Betta fins.
mountain
hopefully, you can tell us what to watch out for when buying little orandas.

**shrug** unsure.gif i also dunno, i bought this two when i started off .. so its a heng heng pick, no knowledge to share at all .. pai say.

to clear any misunderstanding... To refer to the Old Undated Pic , the Bigger piece on the right is .. the Big Oranda. The one of the left is the one with the head growth. rolleyes.gif clear???
HappyBuddha
I look closer and the seemingly flat back and lack of a humped back is probably becoz the headgrowth has covered that part of the fish. biggrin.gif
mountain
yes u are right .. if i refer to the old pic, there is a bit of hump in the 2 oranda .. the head growth has covered its track!! omg, i got so much headgrowth laugh.gif
Hamad
You're so lucky! They're so beautiful! If they die send their bodies to me LOL
smgutie
very nice fish!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.