Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fish "pond" In Balcony?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
felinefrend
Hi all,
I am working on my house renovation right now and am thinking of placing my goldfishes in the balcony.

Tank in balcony (morning light) = algae - clear tank can see green water abit not nice.

"Pond" kind like water feature - even have algae cannot see as much (cos water is hidden)... so am leaning towards this.

Anyone has their goldfishes in those pond-like water feature? I still have my 4 pearl scales with 1 (fat) ranchu -- any advise??

Thanks so much

feline
Charles Lam
I had a 4 ft pond at my balcony with plenty of afternoon sun. My fishes enjoyed the sun, and the water turns green. Fish growing faster than in my 4 ft tank.
desireless
Wah 4ft pond at balcony sounds good. good.gif Do you mean tub? Got fountain? biggrin.gif

Can you please post a picture of what you have at your balcony? It can serve as a reference for our dear felinefrend peace.gif
Sniper
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

My balcony oudoor pond !
desireless
Wahh... I also want!!! tongue.gif

How much roughly did you put in for this setup? What is the capacity of the water? Setup bought from Mainland, Farmart, or? I went to Farmart and they have this shop that does something like this. But minimum setup cost they quoted me was $500.... sad.gif
Sniper
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 29 Mar 2006 4:00 pm)
Wahh... I also want!!!  tongue.gif

How much roughly did you put in for this setup? What is the capacity of the water? Setup bought from Mainland, Farmart, or? I went to Farmart and they have this shop that does something like this. But minimum setup cost they quoted me was $500....  sad.gif

I setup myself lah !

Bought everything from a landscape shop in Thomson...near TCS cannot remember the name...carry every single piece of bricks all by myself..dammed Tiring !...cannot remember how much too long ago.

It started as a Koi pond...then the kois grew too big n started jumping out of the pond n I have to cover the pond...Quite unsightly...so Change all to Ranchus
Charles Lam
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 29 Mar 2006 2:36 pm)
Wah 4ft pond at balcony sounds good. good.gif  Do you mean tub? Got fountain? biggrin.gif

Can you please post a picture of what you have at your balcony? It can serve as a reference for our dear felinefrend  peace.gif

I brought a blue tub at $32.00 at redhill market, solid wood structure I constructed it myself to elevate the pond. I use only sponge filters with air pump, my 4 TVR growing much faster than the one in my 4 ft tank.
gohks
QUOTE(Sniper @ Wed, 29 Mar 2006 3:07 pm)
I setup myself lah !

Bought everything from a landscape shop in Thomson...near TCS cannot remember the name...carry every single piece of bricks all by myself..dammed Tiring !...cannot remember how much  too long ago.

It started as a Koi pond...then the kois grew too big n started jumping out of the pond n I have to cover the pond...Quite unsightly...so Change all to Ranchus

yah you can get nice decorative from Nature.. good.gif DIY is certainly much cheaper then asking somebody to do for you whole sale... not too difficult..

I always having a dream of having one in my balcony...but don't have an electrical outlet...never thought of it during the reno mad.gif
Hamad
Oh that looks beautiful Sniper! Love it and the fish look very attractive in there!
desireless
QUOTE(gohks @ Wed, 29 Mar 2006 7:42 pm)
yah you can get nice decorative from Nature.. good.gif DIY is certainly much cheaper then asking somebody to do for you whole sale... not too difficult..

I always having a dream of having one in my balcony...but don't have an electrical outlet...never thought of it during the reno  mad.gif

Have to use extension wire then. Or actually can get an electrician create one power point nearby. Best is your balcony comes with good drainage system and water point! good.gif Change water also easy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.