Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ga 115 - Ryukin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Goldfish Academy
sabine b
I read somewhere that white Ryukin are not liked very much in Asia. Is this right.?
Mine is about 7cm large including tail - so he is still young.
I think too long tail.
Do you want to add comments?

IPB Image

sabine b
Frankie
Personally I like white goldfish very much because of the uniqueness in colour.

White goldfish is not favoured among general hobbyists due to tradition. In the chinese customs, white has something to do with death, hence a white goldfish is considered ill omen.

Full white is also not favoured among the more experienced hobbyists due to the scoring system in goldfish competitions. Full white carries lesser points in the colour criteria, compared to the other colour patterns.

As for your fish, it will do better if it has a higher hump. Other than that, it looks great. Do update us of it's growth progress. ;)
sabine b
Hi Frankie

thanks for your comment. So i see that different cultures have different believings and habbits. In Europe eg. white is the colour a bride is wearing and it has nothing to do with death or bad luck.

Anyway I keep my white Ryukin. I like the colour. He is only about 9 months old so I think he will increase the hump and the belly. We will see what size heĀ“ll reach then.

brgds
Sabine B
IM A RANCHU :)
QUOTE(sabine b @ Fri, 14 Apr 2006 1:14 pm) *

I read somewhere that white Ryukin are not liked very much in Asia. Is this right.?
Mine is about 7cm large including tail - so he is still young.
I think too long tail.
Do you want to add comments?

sabine b

I think the body where it meets the tail is strange, but i like the colouring. I don't often see white fish like this. 8/10. shiok.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.