Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fish Death
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Charles Lam
Can someone help. I had two outdoor pond both 12 ft x 12 ft x 1.5 ft, exposed to sunlight, rain and shine. The pond is just side by side and surprising one pong has high fatality rate than the other.

Mpst of the goldfish dead from thisd pond, exhibit the following:
- couldy eyes
- red steak on body
- five or four dead together within a week

while the other pond has very low fatality rate, like 1 goldfish dead in 2 week.

Is it water condition? Please advice.
goldrush
Dear Charles

Kindly read the post here

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2928

before we can answer your question.

How long have these ponds been running?their filtration and material used including the pond!.We can only narrow down only if you can furnish us with further details if not the possibilities are immense

thank you peace.gif
Charles Lam
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 20 Apr 2006 6:17 am)
Dear Charles

Kindly read the post here

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2928
before we can answer your question.

How long have these ponds been running?their filtration and material used including the pond!.We can only narrow down only if you can furnish us with further details if not the possibilities are immense

thank you peace.gif

These ponds has been running since 1 Mar 2006, when I transfer my fishes from ponds at 69 Sungei Tengah. The filter is just using air and sponge. At these new pond location, the ponds are filled with well water.
hs012
QUOTE(Charles Lam @ Thu, 20 Apr 2006 9:35 am)
These ponds has been running since 1 Mar 2006, when I transfer my fishes from ponds at 69 Sungei Tengah. The filter is just using air and sponge. At these new pond location, the ponds are filled with well water.

Hi Charles,

Wondering if you have solve this problem.. Are they new concrete ponds? if so, could it be the Concrete leeching lime out or other chemical?

Hans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.