Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Calico Goldfish Require Color Enhancer
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
celf98
Heloo,

Newbie here, just wondering... does Calico require color enhancer in their diet, as their color is mix and match. Thankx.
jiashun
no harm introducing colour enhancing pellet type. that's my opinion. smile.gif
goldrush
The answer can be yes and no

If your fish are kept outdoor with sun,algae,green water with lots of natural ingredients then you would not need color enhancers and the only determining factor would be solid genetics.
However most of us do not keep fish closest to their natural environment so color enhancing can be helpful.Try to obtain natural color enhancers like spirulina or shrimp based and not synthetic based one as it gives an unnatural look.
It does not mean that calico with their variegated colors need more enhancing, metallics and nacreous ones are just as demanding.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

goldrush
celf98
I see, I do keep it in the pond, where it gets plenty of sun, and algae on the wall for them to feed on, not a green water. WEll, I'll probably won't feed much color enhancer food then, mostly wheat germ and blood worm. Maybe every 1.5 week, feed some Hikari (which contain spirullina)
Thanks for the input guys, if there is anything I can improve, feel free to give me tips, my ears are open good.gif
gohks
QUOTE(celf98 @ Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:54 pm)
I see, I do keep it in the pond, where it gets plenty of sun, and algae on the wall for them to feed on, not a green water.  WEll, I'll probably won't feed much color enhancer food then, mostly wheat germ and blood worm.  Maybe every 1.5 week, feed some Hikari (which contain spirullina) 
Thanks for the input guys, if there is anything I can improve, feel free to give me tips, my ears are open good.gif

For Calico, normally you will like to have a vibrant red/orange on the black and white background. How your fish looks like? unsure.gif
celf98
Hi, these are my two smaller one... one is more orange with black, the other is semi blueish, mix and match. Got another medium size one, that is mostly very red on the head (haven't took that pic).

Please comment, hi.gif
celf98
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

This was the statement i recieved.
I have reduced my picture file to 190kb only... can ne1 help me out y i can't post the pic in the attachment?
KokiBali
QUOTE(celf98 @ Wed, 03 May 2006 10:10 am)
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

This was the statement i recieved.
I have reduced my picture file to 190kb only... can ne1 help me out y i can't post the pic in the attachment?

Max is 100kb, try to reduce it below the limit.

Rgds,
William
desireless
Hi,

The max limit for each picture upload is 100kB

You can either reduce the picture size yourself:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=33501

or send the pictures to us.
celf98
Thankx for the help guys,

I've searched around the forum and some1 mention to post it under 50kb, so that's what I did and it worked. When I tried post it around 89kb, it says overload also. So here it is, hopefully it's not too small.

IPB Image

IPB Image
gohks
QUOTE(celf98 @ Thu, 04 May 2006 10:18 am)
Thankx for the help guys,

I've searched around the forum and some1 mention to post it under 50kb, so that's what I did and it worked.  When I tried post it around 89kb, it says overload also.  So here it is, hopefully it's not too small.

Do you have SV? smile.gif
desireless
Posting on behalf of celf98

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.