Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish Sources In Australia
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
lnicky
I tried to order some ranchus from Livefish. Photos attached

IPB Image
IPB Image

Service was very good but I don't find the fishes to be of very high quality

Aussieboy, have you received your order yet?
Kinder
Inicky,

Thanks for posting pics of your recent fishes, the first ranchu from SYD dealer seem much better off than the livefish.com place. Did you order red & white ranchu from the site....the bigger piece is decent compared to the smaller one... Would be good if you can post few more pics of your red ranchu....

I checked out the petlink site ....your rite the red ranchu seem good in the pic and the calico has got really nice colour....i wonder if he can ship goldfish if i wanted to buy. (is the calico in the pic the same you saw at this place)

thanks
kinder
aussieboy
QUOTE(lnicky @ Mon, 12 Nov 2007 5:19 pm) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Hi Mate sorry ,I did get my order and I was disapointed with my order as well.

QUOTE(lnicky @ Mon, 12 Nov 2007 5:19 pm) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Sorry lnicky where do u live ?
lnicky
I live in Sydney CBD.

The private trader I bought my latest ranchu from is in Haymarket opposite Entertainment Center. The 2 ranchus he had there were pretty good especially the red one. I think you should have a look

Kinder,

I had a look at the photo but I'm not sure if it is the same one. The calico I saw has a very nice deep body and smooth back curve. The wen is ok but the head is smaller than the body unlike the one in the picture.
The one thing I didn't like about the calico is the tail seems a bit too big.
Kinder
Hi lnicky,

I was impressed by the calico in the pic...and have inquired from that dealer if its the same as shown in the pic (coz im very interested in buy it), but i will have to ship it to brisbane airport..cost more money.

He mentioned he gets new shipments very 3 weeks or so....i wish i was living in Syd, i cant wait till the next shipment...im keen on getting some nice red and calico ranchus.

i think black & calicos usually have bigger tails....but yeah in case of calico i would too go for a slightly smaller tail. Anyways thanks for your reply, and hows your fish going...is it male/female...(i feel most of imported fishes you get here are likely to me females.....only the smaller goldfish less than 6cm are mixed M&F)

Will keep you all posted, if i do purchase some goldfish from the Syd Dealer.

Kinder
lnicky
More pictures of the ranchu
IPB Image
IPB Image

It's still in the quarantine tank. I am not sure of the sex. I think it's a female as it does not have the white spots on the gill plates

Livefish sends their fishes through Australian Post overnight courier service for $13 so the Sydney dealer should be able to do the same.
Kinder
Nice fish, looks like it has a strong back....easy way is to check its pectoral fins...if its a mature male it should have some white spots there.

The dealer said he will charge $60 for shipping and $35 for packing and dropping it off at airport ...only if i buy like $300 worth of fish. Thats why wish i was in Syd could have hand selected the fishes and alot cheaper.....if i come down to Syd for a visit...it will cost even more....they Advertise cheap airfare on budget airlines....but really not cheap and not convenient at all. Cheap fare only if you dept like 5am...i mean who really wants to fly that early in the morning....should be fixed rate throughout the day.....just a marketing stunt.
twinso
QUOTE(adslman @ Wed, 26 Apr 2006 5:33 pm) *

----Posts moved from "Chit chat and gossip" as I find this thread rather informative on sources of goldfish in Australia------
-CP
Topic split from Black Ranchu With Pom Poms
Hi KenCheng, I am in Melbourne too. Where do you normally go hunting here?
I normally go to a shop in St Kilda and Richmond.

Thanks.

do you mean the fish shop in richmond that sells a huge range of goldfish???
ranchuone
Thanks Kinder! Those websites are very good!! good_very.gif
lnicky
I just bought these 6 cm SVR from Taoyang for $30. Comments welcomed

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Kinder
Need more close-up pics .....to comment!

From the 3rd pic, i like the head and body shape of the top ranchu but tail is not erect and i think this fish might grow bigger than the bottom ranchu. Not sure but could be wrong that the bottom ranchu seems stunt.

Are they both females/males?
Anyway good luck with your goldfish....post updated pics of them when they are bigger. I would like to see Tao Yang import a bit more bigger ranchus..

His site had pics of sakura ranchus, did you get to see them at this shop?

kinder
lnicky
QUOTE(Kinder @ Mon, 19 Nov 2007 7:52 pm) *

Need more close-up pics .....to comment!

From the 3rd pic, i like the head and body shape of the top ranchu but tail is not erect and i think this fish might grow bigger than the bottom ranchu. Not sure but could be wrong that the bottom ranchu seems stunt.

Are they both females/males?
Anyway good luck with your goldfish....post updated pics of them when they are bigger. I would like to see Tao Yang import a bit more bigger ranchus..

His site had pics of sakura ranchus, did you get to see them at this shop?
kinder

I agree with you. I realised when I got home that the top ranchu's tail is not at 45 degree angle with its back but I really like the back curve and the wen near the mouth is pointy.

The size of the 2 ranchus are almost identical. Why do you think the bottom ranchu seem stunt?

Sex wise it's hard to tell because they are only 6 cm so proably 4-6 months old.

There were a few small sakura ranchus at Tao Yang (6 cm) very nice colour. He also told me that his new shipment would come this week but it will take another 3 weeks to clear quarantine. Most ranchus will be large ones..can't wait to see
Tao
QUOTE(Kinder @ Wed, 14 Nov 2007 8:15 pm) *

Nice fish, looks like it has a strong back....easy way is to check its pectoral fins...if its a mature male it should have some white spots there.

The dealer said he will charge $60 for shipping and $35 for packing and dropping it off at airport ...only if i buy like $300 worth of fish. Thats why wish i was in Syd could have hand selected the fishes and alot cheaper.....if i come down to Syd for a visit...it will cost even more....they Advertise cheap airfare on budget airlines....but really not cheap and not convenient at all. Cheap fare only if you dept like 5am...i mean who really wants to fly that early in the morning....should be fixed rate throughout the day.....just a marketing stunt.

hi,
actually $60 is paid for the Australian Air Express (AAE). only this company accept alive fish. Normally 10kg to Adelaide or Brisbane will cost that much. Canberra or Melbourne a little bit cheaper. to Perth will be double. if use AAE account, freight can be nearly half price. but fish have to stay airport overnight. in that way fast for two days is necessary. That kind of fish need quite a long time to recover and need professional way to look after. only retail shop prefer that. Hobbyists are not recommended to save that $30.
lnicky
Picked up my ranchus from Tao Yang today. These ranchus are about 15 cm long

Comments welcomed

1. Red ranchu
IPB Image

2. Calico ranchu
IPB ImageIPB Image

Do you guys know if calico colour can improve as it gets older? I am hoping the ranchu will have less red colour and more white. The other side of the ranchu is a lot more calico

Kinder, did you get any of the new batch of ranchus from the dealer?
Kinder
Hi Nicky,

Yes, i did get mine yesterday.....had to go all the way to airport pick-up, big traffic jam was very worried about the fishes. luckily weather wasnt hot...i bought 1 red ranchu & 3 calicos and very nice of Tommy he gave me one cute lionhead as xmas gift. The fishes were very stressed out....where not swimming much last nite....this morning they are all good swimming ...will monitor their health for 1 week....coz they already have been in Quarantine for 2weeks at tao's place.

I think the red ranchu i bought is same as yours...(very big of all), out of the 3 calicos' i love one piece really nice only thing the calicos hav a small piece of their tail fin broken or anal fin not formed properly (but i guess AA grade you can expect that) - wish i could have hand selected them all but i picked 2 calicos from the pic that Toa had on this webpage...

I like your 2 calicos nice colour / body shape and their tails look really good too...i guess they both are from same spawn .

I will post my fish pics later when i get time....

Though these Chinese ranchus are really heavy...didnt expect that....lol
all my fishes are females except one calico piece, which is from the old shipment (from that pic i could tell it was a male - thats y i bought it) how about your fishes all females?

Oh how did you find the new shipment of fishes?
lnicky
My ranchus are quite healthy and not very stressed out. I am planning to quarantine them for 2 weeks before putting in the main tank. The calico is male and the red ranchu is female

The new batch of calico ranchus are very nice so I had problem choosing it. The red ranchus are bigger and very fat but the back not curved enough, also the head tend to be smaller than the body. Is this typical of Chinese ranchus??
Kinder
I guess if you good care of your calicos, you will see all the colours come out more brighter. if not the black colours will fade out..become more like brown and maybe even become red. so you have to take good care....Water change. I prefer outdoor ponds or greedwater....helps.

I guess usually you find chinese ranchus to be very bulky in size with big heads....usually thia ranchus i find them to have big backs and lil smaller head. I still think your red ranchu is in good head to body proportion, usually they tend to have goose like heads. One of calico ranchus got one...others not
Forever-mango
I went to see tao the other day and he had a nice batch of Black Ranchu. 15cm for $140 a piece. They were pitch black no bronzing.
lnicky
QUOTE(Forever-mango @ Thu, 17 Jan 2008 8:45 am) *

I went to see tao the other day and he had a nice batch of Black Ranchu. 15cm for $140 a piece. They were pitch black no bronzing.

Must go and see this weekend! I always wanted a black ranchu but Tao's ranchus are usually Chinese not Thai so not charcoal black which is why I never buy. I'll definitely go and see his new batch at his house

Forever-mango
Just an update for you guys.......
xxxxx
(commercial intent)

Im also their new Web Developer .....
xxxxx
(commercial intent)

Mango smile.gif
crazyfencer
hi.gif

hey everyone,i am new to this forum XD not extreme good in keeping goldfish however i do enjoy looking at them,so i wonder everywhere within melbourne's aquarium,quick question OO? where does everyone go to buy their goldfishes?

coz where i go to is jst at richmond the new life aquarium =P and after all these time i jst came to realise that they change their owner OO i was like whoah XD, and jst a quick update ^^ i heard from the owner that there will be a huge bunch of new goldfishes imported from Japan to Australia ^^ on thursday some are even show quality =P

be there at 31st Jan =P btw their discus are quiet nice too =P the new owner says they are from Malay and Singapore OwO
Kinder
Hi CrazyFencer , nice to have you join RG and hope you learn a lot from RG site.

Since we all dont happen to live in Melb...if you or any other melbournians can take some pics of the new fishes that are coming on 31jan and share it with us would be gr8.....it will make us understand the quality of goldfish in Oz.

Thanks
Kinder
crazyfencer
QUOTE(Kinder @ Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:26 pm) *

Hi CrazyFencer , nice to have you join RG and hope you learn a lot from RG site.

Since we all dont happen to live in Melb...if you or any other melbournians can take some pics of the new fishes that are coming on 31jan and share it with us would be gr8.....it will make us understand the quality of goldfish in Oz.

Thanks
Kinder

i well =D
Mortevicar
Hi guys

The New Life stock arrived last week - just ranchus from Japan, approx 5 inches. $150 each. I got there as soon as Geoffrey arrived so I got pick of the tank. Commercial A or AA grade??? Not sure.

I have dealt with Geoffrey, he has stocked some good fish.

He had red/white and black, I only bought the red/white as I already have a black ranchu.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
calicoly
hey nice ranchu, i saw it geoffrey's that day too tongue.gif tongue.gif were u the one that bought the calico oranda too?
i was waiting all morning, and so i want to the hair dressers to waste some time but when i got there u had already got the first pick, so i ended up getting a orange and white ranchu, this batch were ok... but the black ranchu's weren't too good
calicoly
oh by the way hi everyone!!!!
i'n new to this thingy....
i love all the goldfish pics u guys have posted...
calicoly
does anyone know any good goldfish shops in melbourne?
Mortevicar
Good goldfish are VERY hard to find. I have spent the last 6-months hunting around. Coburg Aquarium just started importing from Tung Hoi. New Life is ok. Their is also Keysborough Aquarium.
calicoly
yeah i know! tell me about it.... i've got two tanks and one of them has only got 1 black ranchu in it...
ohhh... coburg has just started inporting from tung hoi??? cool thanks
yeah i go to kesborough sometimes but dont really like the place.
Forever-mango
Just wondering guys, other than Trans Aquarium and Tao, who else stocks some nice fish for Top Viewing? Im planning to go to Windsor Fish Hatcheries tomorrow to check out their goldfish.

I got 2 red cap ranchu (with reds on tail sad.gif ) as a gift for helping them out, and my pond is finally up with green water biggrin.gif

But I must say, Tao has some excellent fish! Going to his place tomorrow night biggrin.gif
OlegSyr
Hi,
Visited today UpMarket Pets at Victoria Markets yikes.gif .
Terrible, horrible, awful, shameful. censored.gif
Very dirty tanks.
All the goldfish has fungus, especially visible on black fish..
Totally terrifying is the tank on the flow, in the corner, on the right filled with ranchu.
About 25-30 fishes inside. Most of them are small (3-4 cm body) ranchu-mongrels, 3 half black ranchu (5-7cm body, terrible quality, asked prise AU$100).
2/3 of small ranchu has no 1 eye.
At least 5 fishes have no BOTH eyes. uhm.gif
Dead fish at the bottom, half eaten.
Concentration camp. bash.gif
Shame!
Would newer buy a think from this shop…. nonono.gif

ranchuone
hi guys
Keysborough aquarium will release a batch of goldfish from its quarantine this friday 21 march 08. Been told by owner Ming that there will be some ranchus. good_very.gif good_very.gif

calicoly
THANKS A WHOLE HEAP!!!
two of my beloed ranchu's died on sunday and now i only have one calico oranda in the tank, so will definately goin there on friday, thanks for the post!! u made my day!
i wonder if he is goin to have any big short body oranda??
OlegSyr
Calicoly,
There are some large short body orandas in New Live Aquariums.
Seen them today.
calicoly
oleg really???
cool
how large is large? about a 15cm u reakon? and wat colour are there??
OlegSyr
QUOTE(calicoly @ Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:33 pm) *

how large is large? about a 15cm u reakon? and wat colour are there??

Yes, they are about 13-15 cm, colour is to be black or blue as I can see. But it faded away as tank has white bare bottom. With dark tank bottom, they will get black back.

BUT!!! in Keysborough today I soo such a terrific orandas, could hardly resist. More than 15 cm long, red, short body orandas. Terrific wen, (lionhead like) very active ans looks simply irresistible beg2.gif .
Really worth of looking!

They got some funny black ranchy crossed with pearlscale. I was'n really impressed with result, exept asked price - $220 biggrin.gif
calicoly
hi oleg, yeah i went to kesborough today too!! what time wre u there?? cos i saw this couple there today cos i arrived there around 12.30 was that u??
tongue.gif tongue.gif

yeah i thought the black pearlchu were really low grade, some didn't even have the pearlchu body and to pay 220 for that i wouldn't buy it, i doubt anyone would! hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif

yeah i saw the orandas too, there were ok to me nothing too special, cos the last batch of short body oranda's were heaps heaps better peace.gif peace.gif there were twice the size and there heads were huge!! i bought three of them, but unfortunately they died two weeks later, from i dont know what! rusure.gif rusure.gif rusure.gif

also these oranda's his got now are goin for $90, and there not that big, as the last batch. the last batch was also priced at $90 so that why i didnt get any...

but the other aquarium on the same road had a nice short body oranda too, but only one, so i ended up buying that one,,,,
calicoly
oh olegsyr i forgot to ask you, u knowthe oranda's at ne live aqua, were they the same size and budy structure as the oranda u saw today ans kesborough aqua?
Mortevicar
You may or may not be aware that the deadly fish disease Spring Viraemia of Carp (SVC) has been discovered in imports of goldfish brought into the UK from a Hong Kong aquarium fish supplier.

Defra has confirmed that routine import checks have identified the virus in a consignment of goldfish imported from Tung Hoi Aquarium Company, Hong Kong.

Other fish from the same supplier have been purchased by fish dealers, potentially aiding the spread of the virus through the aquarium trade.

Australia also imports from Tung Hoi - I have lost nearly ALL of my fish with the same symptoms in the last few days: bleeding through gills, white stringy faeces, protruding anus, lethargy. I purchased two fish from an aquarium that imported from Tung Hoi one month ago. It also makes sense as to why there are not many fish available as most importing has stopped because of the virus.

Morris
calicoly
cloud9.gif angel.gif poor morris!! well if its any consolation, to ease your pain, at least you tried ur hardest to treat those poor fish yes.gif
i tried really hard to pray for you two nights in a row beg2.gif beg2.gif ..... still to no alvail. sorry-big.gif
i think ur ranchu and red cap, must have met up wif my two ranchu's in goldfish heaven. cloud9.gif angel.gif
OlegSyr
QUOTE(calicoly @ Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:54 pm) *

hi oleg, yeah i went to kesborough today too!! what time wre u there?? cos i saw this couple there today cos i arrived there around 12.30 was that u??

Hi Calicoly,
Yes, I was there with my wife that time hi.gif The owner demosrated us his treasures:)
QUOTE(calicoly @ Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:54 pm) *

oh olegsyr i forgot to ask you, u knowthe oranda's at ne live aqua, were they the same size and budy structure as the oranda u saw today ans kesborough aqua?

Don't bother about New Live, Kesborough ones were much better.
What size are your tanks if Kesborough's orandas were smal for your& beg2.gif
calicoly
loeg oh so dat was u!! i was wif my niece the little terror!! i know the owner sure showed us his treasures! i'm not sure if they really were new breeds of oranda's !!! hehe
umm my tank is only three foot, but i got two tanks, but now there empty, the last batch of mengs fish orandas were alot bigger and they were the same price!
same as u i'm really getting fed up wif goin round and round!!
calicoly
kinder, i'am not morris but i know a bit about it, well there will be a breeder bringing down some stock apparently good quality in around june or july... hope that helps
Kinder
QUOTE(calicoly @ Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:25 am) *

kinder, i'am not morris but i know a bit about it, well there will be a breeder bringing down some stock apparently good quality in around june or july... hope that helps

Thanks for the input calicoly, more info would help...like who is this breeder and where is he planning to get this seed stock?

thanks
Kinder
Mortevicar
Hi all

xxxxx

Morris
Forever-mango
Mr Morris,

I just happen to stumble across the supplier for Mr.
xxxxxxxxx
The supplier just happens to be one of my Family members!
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

Cheers
Mango
Mortevicar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mortevicar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Forever-mango
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Mortevicar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.