Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish Sources In Australia
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
calicoly
all i know is that i cant wait to get John's black ranchu!!
and since we hardly get any good stock in australia i wouldn't be thinking about prices, cos to come accross a good ranchu in Australia, = priceless....
OlegSyr
QUOTE(calicoly @ Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:01 pm) *

all i know is that i cant wait to get John's black ranchu!!
and since we hardly get any good stock in australia i wouldn't be thinking about prices, cos to come accross a good ranchu in Australia, = priceless....

Well, if you are so desperate, tongue.gif there is pretty good large black ranchu in Coburg. Not even priceless, only 600-700AUD nananana.gif .
calicoly
oleg, thanks for letting me know i think i saw that big black one, was that the one in with the other really big orange ranchu? tongue.gif
i saw it there ages ago, about over a month, then they were asking for $500, but to me it didnt look so good, the colours not great the body aint no good and head growth sort of ok but not my cup of tea...

hmm.gif hmm.gif and now there charging $600 to 700? now thats speechless!!!! hysterical.gif
Mortevicar
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morris
bekko
Morris,

I am curious why you have not euthanized your SVC-infected population and prepared to start over if there will be good quality and disease-free stock coming available.

-steve
Mortevicar
My SVC infected stock is in my tank - I am doing everything I can can keep them going until they are in distress - then I will euthanise. Perfect water quality, natural food and the right temperature will hopefully help. I have had some of these fish for nearly 7 years - I don't want to give up on them; it is like treating a dog or cat with a terminal illness - you do what you can until the quality of life is in question. I regard my fish in the same way my 2 dogs and 2 cats - I will do whatever I can to help them.

I also have a 1200 litre pond which has never had fish in it - that is where the new, disease-free stock will go.
desireless
stop.gif Topic closed for review.

Meanwhile... sit back and listen to some music....
happydance3.gif guitar.gif happydance4.gif
desireless
Topic is now re-opened for discussion.

I would like to take this opportunity to repeat this:
Any form of commercial advertisement, Pre-Sale Invitation is strictly prohibited in this forum.

The same rule applies to business partners, associates, relatives, alter-ego, etc.

The 3rd time that we have to step in to address to similar issue again, will see some accounts (and related accounts) being suspended.
bekko
I would not want SVC-infected stock within ten miles of me. Stuff happens. I can understand you attachment to the fish, but the fish, their water, aerosols from their water, everything that comes in contact with their water, etc. will be a time bomb waiting to explode for the rest of their lives.

There has been a lot of discussion elsewhere about keeping KHV survivors. Some feel that there is a civic responsibility to destroy the fish and disinfect. Others say that keeping survivors makes it difficult to enjoy the hobby and you will be happier in the long run if you go ahead and put it all behind you.

-steve
calicoly
does anyone in melb know wehre i can get a short body oranda med to large??
calicoly
rusure.gif rusure.gif
y isnt anyone in here anymore???
Mortevicar
I'm always here for you Lyn!!!
aussieboy
Hi i am from Sydney and used to buy my Ranchus from Tao in sydney but he said he will not be getting anymore Ranchus for a while , Dont know why .

I saw Keysbourugh and just wanted to know what there service and quality of ranchus are like .

Thanks In advance
ranchuone
QUOTE(aussieboy @ Wed, 10 Sep 2008 8:47 pm) *

Hi i am from Sydney and used to buy my Ranchus from Tao in sydney but he said he will not be getting anymore Ranchus for a while , Dont know why .
I saw Keysbourugh and just wanted to know what there service and quality of ranchus are like .
Thanks In advance

I live in the Keysborough area and bought most of my ranchus from Ming the owner. He is an importer himself and I find him quite knowledgeable and helpful.

As far as the quality goes, it really depends on your personal preference and ho.w much you are willing to pay. And I know he can bring in the fish if you tell him what you are after. Hope this helps.

aussieboy
QUOTE(ranchuone @ Thu, 11 Sep 2008 9:32 pm) *

I live in the Keysborough area and bought most of my ranchus from Ming the owner. He is an importer himself and I find him quite knowledgeable and helpful.

As far as the quality goes, it really depends on your personal preference and ho.w much you are willing to pay. And I know he can bring in the fish if you tell him what you are after. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mate , I am mainly after Chinese Ranchu .

I love the Big Headgrowth.
k0b0i
Just so you know..

Tom has some more Ranchus available if you want smile.gif
aussieboy
QUOTE(k0b0i @ Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:44 pm) *

Just so you know..

Tom has some more Ranchus available if you want smile.gif

Thanks Mate ,By Any chance have u seen the new lot of Ranchus ,Unfortunately I cant get there until its dark and when I spoke to him he said they were in his pond and I need to go during daylight to view them .
Kinder
Has Tom posted any pics on his photobucket site, for new ranchus he has got? It will be good, as i didnt get any email from him this time, for the new goldfish batch he has got.
k0b0i
Haven't gone to see them as i'm not in need of any myself. They should be pretty decent though.

Did see a few that came from same source. These guys were awesome. 4 out of 10 were easily A grade SVR chinese standard. The rest i would consider B & C. but still A grade by Australian standards. lol

HTH
k0b0i
QUOTE(Kinder @ Tue, 30 Sep 2008 5:09 pm) *

Has Tom posted any pics on his photobucket site, for new ranchus he has got? It will be good, as i didnt get any email from him this time, for the new goldfish batch he has got.

I'm not sure - I haven't looked. It's a tease looking at the pics there though. haha
Forever-mango
There has been some nice black ranchu in Sydney. Picked up 2 small 2inchers from Eric at Fishrock. I believe its from Tao's supplier. Wish he gets some bigger ones in.
Forever-mango
Anyone in Australia still active here?

There is a supplier now supplying Pitch Black Ranchu. Only seen a couple of stores selling in Sydney and are one of the best ive seen in Australia!

Some interested Panda Ranchu, Panda Ryukin, Panda Oranda and Panda Butterflies also just released by an importer.
aussieboy
QUOTE(Forever-mango @ Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:51 pm) *

Anyone in Australia still active here?

There is a supplier now supplying Pitch Black Ranchu. Only seen a couple of stores selling in Sydney and are one of the best ive seen in Australia!

Some interested Panda Ranchu, Panda Ryukin, Panda Oranda and Panda Butterflies also just released by an importer.

Hi Mate

I am from sydney ,where can I get the Ranchus from

My email address is mzahra1@optusnet.com.au

Thankyou
Forever-mango
Here in Sydney, Fish Rock in Chatswood has some quality goldfish but Sydney Discus World in Homebush West has most of them.

To my the quality of GOldfish in Trans Aquarium has dropped and im not even bothered going there anymore! I purchased a couple more black ranchu from Sydney Discus World today, cannot believe they are pitch black!
Forever-mango
Here are some of my Imported Goldfish from Sydney smile.gif

Tancho Ranchu #1
IPB Image

Tancho Ranchu #2
IPB Image

One of the smaller black Ranchu
IPB Image

Orange Ranchu with massive wen
IPB Image

Red and White Ranchu
IPB Image

Tancho Ranchu #3
IPB Image

Hello...!
IPB Image

Left (black Ranchu - From Sydney Discus World)...Right (black Ranchu - From Trans Aquarium)
IPB Image

Panda B'fly
IPB Image

Crown Pearlscale #1 (Body size of tennis ball!!)
IPB Image

Crown Pearlscale #2 (pair with #1)
IPB Image

Bigger Black Ranchu
IPB Image

Another Big Black Ranchu
IPB Image

New Panda Ranchus
IPB Image

Hope you like these!
Mango smile.gif
churico4ever
Mango! hello men,

I was laughing and very happy to see your Tanchi Ranchu and the way you took the picture, he was like saying " yo" than hello hehehehehe

about your Orange Ranchu with a massive wen, I think its a Lionchu....

Cheers!
Rico hi.gif
Forever-mango
Lionchu? What is that?
churico4ever
Lionchu Is almost a Ranchu because of its bisy shape and the curved.. but the head especially the wen is bigger than a normal Ranchu which resemblance with the Lionhead Goldfish, thats why its a half-half ( Ranchu+Lionhead = Lionchu

Rico
aussieboy
Hay Mango,

Where did u get the first 2 ranchus from ?
Forever-mango
Thanks, so thats what a Lionchu is! These days there are so many ranchu with big wens, dont even know if its lionchu or normal ranchu.

Aussieboy, i got them straight from the importer. Out of 10000 or so fish I picked 3 tanchos. Apparently very hard to come by.
churico4ever
Mango, When you get used to it... you will easily know if it is a Lionchu or a Ranchu... It was hard for me at first but when I really sit down and look at it carefully then I noticed the difference with the general view of it..

try it hehehe

Rico tongue.gif
aussieboy
QUOTE(Forever-mango @ Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:11 pm) *

Thanks, so thats what a Lionchu is! These days there are so many ranchu with big wens, dont even know if its lionchu or normal ranchu.

Aussieboy, i got them straight from the importer. Out of 10000 or so fish I picked 3 tanchos. Apparently very hard to come by.

Hay mate can anyone buy from the importer , Could I get his details ?

mzahra1@optusnet.com.au

Thanks
churico4ever
Lucky for you Mango you can get TVR in Sydney while here in Mainland China its a little bit hard to find TVR..
calicoly
forever mango ur so lucky to have a panda ranchu!! wish melbourne could bring some in!!!
calicoly
foreevr mango love ur big fat pearlscale, so cute
Forever-mango
Im still not sure if mine are SVR or TVR. I just take photos of mine from the top because i only have a pond for them. And i desire looking at them from the top just like with koi.

Calicoly, i try to hook you up with some nice ones later this week
churico4ever
Mango how did you get the Panda ranchu? did you ordered it? or Just accidentally saw it in the pet shop?
aussieboy
QUOTE(churico4ever @ Wed, 12 Nov 2008 1:16 pm) *

Mango how did you get the Panda ranchu? did you ordered it? or Just accidentally saw it in the pet shop?

Hay Mate the fish farm at windsor I think its called windsor hatchery had heaps of them 2 weeks ago , I bought about 5 of them from there .
churico4ever
OIC... Thanks for the INFO mate...

I'll check it out through the net..

Rico
Forever-mango
Windsor hatchery gets it from the same supplier as i did. But i got them as a gift from them smile.gif The best out of the lot they imported. Then the some went to them, got a 8cm specimen waiting for me for pickup.
calicoly
forever mango thanks
Tao
You will know how hard to import fish.
Good luck.
Tao
look like Malaysian ranchu. super black but long body. not cheap?
Forever-mango
I pickup these fish yesterday from a friend. Very nice indeed! Pics coming soon!
Kinder
Hi mango,

Nice crown pearlscales, yeah post some pics of them. How come you didnt import other kinds of goldfish, since you had imported the pearlscales?

Keep them in good light and water conditions, otherwise the black could fade. I know summer is here and hard to keep goldfish outdoor with temp fluctuation. Fortunately i still have mine in outdoor green water setup....as the weather has been not so hot and temp are between 26-30.

kinder

top_view_ranchu
Hey,
You guys might want to know this? http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347370
Forever-mango
Bro Kinder,

I got in some Red Cap Lionchu, Red and white B/fly, panda b'fly, black and gold P/scale, black pearls, huge calico ranchus. Only picked 5, but that was a special order by me. They reg. import heaps of goldfish. Going to get some nice golfball size body red and white crowns next week. The other week I got some nice small panda ranchu...6 of them!! smile.gif They came in as tri-coloured BUT the red is faded and the black and white is very strong!

In regards to green water and high temps, I found out it isnt that safe...so i added a bakki shower copy filter to my pond, to make sure it isnt that thick. And changing 2 thirds of the water weekly. I noticed that the fish are healthy that way...just wondering...during summer is it better to keep in clear water than greenwater?

Regards
Mango

Forever-mango
Got the 2 big ones free...and the small ones were 9.95...? Found out that Aquarium Imports (AI) got them in...

But retailer selling @ $49.95!

Three sizes...

3cm @ $9.95
4-5cm @ $19.95
+6cm @ $49.95

Trying to get my friend to get them imported, but the blacks they get in got bronze base. These super blacks are best ive seen in Australia. Trans' black ranchu = bronze ranchu...!

Tao can you get these in? I like the blacks you had...15cm ones!
Kinder
is it better to keep in clear water than greenwater?

In terms of water temp fluctuations, well green water and clear water setup should show no difference. I guess with green water your only concern will be difference between oxygen levels in night n day time....and the growth rate of green algae, which means you have to do regular water change 100% every week and feed less to your goldfies (give them hikari wheat-germ pellets and frozen raw food), as your goldies will feed on the green algae.

With clear water setup you could avoid water change that maybe required by green water setup with effective filtaration system. But still you have to maintain a minimal feed regime.

Other than that i dont see any difference between green water and CW setup, except you could employ a effective filtration system to reduce frequent WC.

With my green water setup i m yet to install a shade over the pond, and it only receives 5-6 of morning sunlight. Till the temps haven't reached 30+, but i think the key is to avoid sharp temp rises, reduces or no feeding if above 30+ and regular WC. You have a metal tank you might want to insulate the sides of it.....

kinder
Forever-mango
Kinder,

The pond is actually UV protected plastic. Made by reln plastics.

So its better to feed hikari wheatgerm to them than the flakes?

Mango
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.