Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perfect Body Structure Of An Oranda
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
chochiss
Guys,

I noticed that there are a lot of selection tips/guide for ranchus even for ryukin as well. Just wondering thinking.gif ......how bout Oranda?

Over here in Malaysia, we have "Ipoh Goldfish" that produces tonnes of Orandas flooding our LFS with endless supply. But along the years, I've never seen one that is outstanding enough maybe because we have no ultimate oranda with a good body structure to be set as an example.

Care to share more in this? Pictures with illustrations will be good. yes.gif
Ranchu Lover
Is this considered as a good oranda?

IPB Image
Sniper
IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(Sniper @ Thu, 04 May 2006 12:56 am)

Sorry this is not an oranda. And in a wordless post, I do not know what point you're trying to make.
chochiss
QUOTE(Sniper @ Thu, 04 May 2006 1:56 am)

no offence but.......huh? search.gif

got da wrong pic bro?
chochiss
QUOTE(Ranchu Lover @ Wed, 03 May 2006 9:51 pm)

WAH!!! Power lar..........nice.....very nice..... swee.gif

Come on guys........share specimens for us to learn more from each other.......
Hamad
My ideal oranda is this:
IPB Image
Hamad
That is an awesome Oranda, Ranchu Lover!
Charles Lam
QUOTE(chochiss @ Thu, 04 May 2006 2:54 am)
WAH!!! Power lar..........nice.....very nice..... swee.gif

Come on guys........share specimens for us to learn more from each other.......

Aqua-connection at Sims Ave has very high standard oranda. The one in the picture posted by you is considered very high standard. Keep this fish properly and in green water it grows even more perfect.
chochiss
Aqua-connection ei? Fishes there expensive?

Have anyone seen a jet black thai short-body oranda? One of my fren over here in m'sia owns it. very lucky fella cos it's not only rare here but close to impossible.....wished I've had taken a pic of his fish......
chochiss
why the response so poor wan?

nobody keeps oranda or nobody is serious about oranda izzit?

to me....oranda is one active fish that is really interesting to keep....especially keeping a good one......
gohks
QUOTE(Ranchu Lover @ Wed, 03 May 2006 8:51 pm)

RL,
Are you submitting this for coming competition, got chance! rolleyes.gif
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(gohks @ Fri, 05 May 2006 4:45 pm)
RL,
Are you submitting this for coming competition, got chance! rolleyes.gif

I have entered 5 orandas. 3 in class A and 2 in class B. Still deciding which one to send in for the competition. See how the fish turn out on the day of benching-in, then only will I make up my mind.
chochiss
Oranda samples......

IPB Image

IPB Image
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(chochiss @ Fri, 05 May 2006 5:09 pm)
Oranda samples......

With the right grooming, these 2 orandas can become very nice.
CyberET
QUOTE(Ranchu Lover @ Fri, 05 May 2006 5:11 pm)
With the right grooming, these 2 orandas can become very nice.

what is the right grooming? could you elaborate? smile.gif
chochiss
grooming.....feeds? plus water quality? hehehe...grooming sounds funny cos over here where I lived...grooming is commonly used for dogs...mainly shit tzu or poodles.
chochiss
for your coming fancy goldfish competition.......hope that you guys can post some oranda participants.
rvn85
hmmm i have a question
most orandas i see in LFS esp those white in colour often have red streaks on their tails
is this considered a disease or as what the uncle always say 'no lah its their blood veins only' ??
Kinder
QUOTE(rvn85 @ Fri, 12 May 2006 8:28 pm)
hmmm i have a question
most orandas i see in LFS esp those white in colour often have red streaks on their tails
is this considered a disease or as what the uncle always say 'no lah its their blood veins only' ??

No lah!

Most likely they are stressed, coz LFS is not a very exciting place to be for a FISH. yes.gif
rvn85
thanks for clearing my doubts
now i know....
haha
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(rvn85 @ Fri, 12 May 2006 6:28 pm)
hmmm i have a question

Some LFS will tell you that it is a new variety of oranda. He! he! he!
gohks
QUOTE(rvn85 @ Fri, 12 May 2006 6:28 pm)
hmmm i have a question

If you look very closely, sure to find red streaks, particulary obvious in those white and long tail.
If it is not too obvious, should be alright. yes.gif
goldrush
red streaks are quite common in long tail varieties and especially obvious in white tailed breed like redcaps.Due to its extreme length, circulation may be poor and prone to deterioration in poor water condition.To have pure white and unblemished extremity requires perhaps pristine water condition and you can regard it as a natural yardstick to ascertaiin your water condition if you are keeping one tongue.gif
chochiss
blood streaks could be due to transportation too ya?
yckhor
pai sei pai sei... my oranda..

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is believed to be a local breed (ipoh) lion head?, got 1 more from china.. the head growth different from this one (goose head).
chochiss
ipoh oranda oso got power power ones. some of them got potential man. seen some of it today. pretty good....hard to come by in kl.
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(chochiss @ Wed, 24 May 2006 1:30 am)
ipoh oranda oso got power power ones. some of them got potential man. seen some of it today. pretty good....hard to come by in kl.

Did you buy any?
yckhor
agreed. they are some good quality local bread oranda from ipoh.
however, it is quite difficult to find one.
mine was bought when it is about 8cm. in less than 1 year, it is already grow to 22cm and still growing. it is fun to see them grow... eventhough the aquarium owner told me they can't grow to that size and color may not maintain.
Bak2it
Here's a couple of my orandas.

IPB Image

IPB Image
drakonide
hey is it better for an oranda to have short or long tail?
bbgoldfish
This is my oranda.

next

IPB Image

IPB Image
Minilla
Very nice Orandas you have there!!! good_very.gif

They must have costed you a bomb!
kokvtec
On the issue of long or short tail, why izit that the orandas I have usually develop into long tail although when I bought them, they were short tailed. Could it be a case of wrong diet or wrong method of rearing the fishes?? Currently having 5 in a 4ft...
drakonide
yeah, mine the tail is slowly gettin longer.

mine the top fin is slightly folded rather than erected.
is it good?
or the folded fin will go away as the fish grow bigger?
chochiss
hey bbgold,

nice fishes! how do you maintain the black so black?

Nice body structure too!
bbgoldfish
Hi Chochiss
About black oranda, I think depend on male/female oranda. This is the sample same male different female with the above black oranda.

Cheers

IPB Image
mountain
Hi Chochiss
About black oranda, I think depend on male/female oranda. This is the sample same male different female with the above black oranda.

Cheers

I don't understand you. What is "sample same male different female"?
bbgoldfish
Sorry to unclear explanation.
That fish is breed from one male and two female. So same male and different female.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.