Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Slow Down Algae Growth
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Kinder
Hey guys,

Not sure if you guys know about this TIP, but i got this from a Lifestyle program. It says:

""To prevent algae overgrowth in fish pond or water feature, put barley in an old stocking and submerse it in the water with something heavy, this slows the growth right down, saving fish and pond pumps" To prevent algae overgrowth in fish pond or water feature, put barley in an old stocking and submerse it in the water with something heavy, this slows the growth right down, saving fish and pond pumps" good.gif

Guess it only applies to people facing algae problems.

Cheers
kinder
The Matrix
u get barley grass in a couple of days ?

can try red beans, green beans, soya beans and other plants that take up the nitrogen compounds.
desireless
Funny, but I have seen people putting CUCUMBERS... Serious. I wonder how effective it is... rusure.gif Anyone knows?
goldrush
Oh yes barley straws have been used quite successfully for algae control since the 90's.Here is an in depth article that may be of interest to people with algae problem.So barley not only can be a cooling effect on your body but a soothing effect for your eyes only(if algae is not wat you want to see) biggrin.gif

http://www.btny.purdue.edu/pubs/APM/APM-1-W.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.