Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Shouxing In Dg
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
aronkhj
Hi Guys,
I've been looking for ranchus or shouxing 寿星 here in DG city for some time already, and ery hard to come across. Probably the locals prefer orandas and rukins here.

Anyway, I just bought these 2 for the LFS. I'm totally a newbie with it comes to ranchus or shouxing 寿星... so pls do give me some comments and how I can care for and grow these cute fishes.

They are about 4.5in or ~19cm. Photos are taken this aftnoon during QT D01.

Regards, ARoN

\"IPB

\"IPB
ranchu8
photos of above should be side view of fishes
aronkhj
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Sat, 13 May 2006 8:41 pm)
photos of above should be side view of fishes

Hi Ranchu8.
I think maybe you are right. I will take some sideviews when I can.
They are now in QT D01(Day01), so quite hard to take side view photo.

But from all the SVR I have seen here... they are nothing compare. Probably coz breed in China.

I'll get the photos up soonest I can.

Thanks! ARoN
The Matrix
2nd full red fish is a Chinese Lionhead AKA shouxing 寿星. 1st one r/w fish looks like ranchu.
aronkhj
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 13 May 2006 10:48 pm)
2nd full red fish is a Chinese Lionhead AKA shouxing 寿星. 1st one r/w fish looks like ranchu.

Hi Matrix,
Actually, I really keen on learning how you guys can tell just by the looks of it.

Till now, I find it really had to tell the diff between ranchu and lionhead.
I know the back structure and body plays an important role.

But many times... i know a good ranchu is has a more pronunce curved back... lionhead not so rounded.

Pls enlighten me... I have seen the explaination here in RG... but it's the in-betweens that confuse me.

Regards,
ARoN
The Matrix
difficult to really tell u in words. body, tail, head structure got some differences.

Best that you can go thru as many photo or take a very close look at these fishes when u visit the lfs. There are many lineage, so be sure to capture as many as u can remember.
CP
QUOTE(aronkhj @ Mon, 15 May 2006 11:09 am)

Pls enlighten me... I have seen the explaination here in RG... but it's the in-betweens that confuse me.

Regards,
ARoN

Here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...topic=1933&st=0
The Matrix
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 15 May 2006 12:43 pm)

That thread outdated liao.

In China now got Mao Shi variety, classified under Lionhead. For some they might thing this variety is a ranchu, which has similar feature of a ranchu but wen is much better than a lionchu.
aronkhj
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 15 May 2006 12:43 pm)

Hi CP,
Thanks for the pointer... really appreciate it as it provides good basic knowledge.

I think that there are also alot of varieties here... especially when I pop by HKG's goldfish street.
The ranchus are really very beautiful there... but over here in China, only very poor quality ones... so need to very good skills to spot a ranchu and know the difference if it's a shouxing.

Appreciate if you can continue to share ideas.

Thanks!
Aron
aronkhj
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 15 May 2006 1:38 pm)
That thread outdated liao.

In China now got Mao Shi variety, classified under Lionhead. For some they might thing this variety is a ranchu, which has similar feature of a ranchu but wen is much better than a lionchu.

Hi Matrix,
Really interesting... what does a Maoshi look like?
aronkhj
Hi Guys, great news! my fish is coming out of QT and this wkend i'll have some photos.
really appreciate all comments and pointers from here.

Cheers!
aronkhj
Here are my fishes after QT.
Pls do comment. I'm guessing the r/w is a ranchu and the other is a chinese shouxing.

These are again my first ranchu / shouxing.

IPB Image

IPB Image
aronkhj
Pls do comment. I'm guessing the r/w is a ranchu and the other is a chinese shouxing.

IPB Image

IPB Image
aronkhj
In addition, I also got another new fish.
I'm thinking it's a ranchu. I knw the back is not very strong.
Pls also give your comments. Really appreacite it. It is stillin QT 07
beg2.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 13 May 2006 10:48 pm)

QUOTE(aronkhj @ Sat, 03 Jun 2006 6:10 pm)

Dun guess, I already given u the answer.
The lionhead not too bad. Keep it well.
The new calico should be a ranchu. dun look good.
aronkhj
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:43 am)
Dun guess, I already given u the answer.
The lionhead not too bad. Keep it well.
The new calico should be a ranchu. dun look good.

Hi Matrix.

Thanks for your comments on the lionhead.
I will take you advise seriously.

I agree the calico not looking too good.

Best Regards,
ARoN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.