Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Fancy Goldfish Competition:Goldrush Travelogue
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
goldrush
Not quite the hilly terrains of Yamakoshi village in Niigata Prefecture(Home of Nishikikoi), the last filter chamber that perch above overlooking my koi pond is however home to some of my probable contestants in this coming competition

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
Most of the these are familiar faces that had grazed this forum in various presentations { in sickness and in health}.After weeks of nurturing, with a little help from nature, they are ready for the show.Many of you would have written off their chances for any prizes in this coming competition but I remain undeterred as my participation is purely to stimulate the insatiable passion of goldfish keeping as well as to be involved in every part of this small community. This travelogue which I intend to pen give some insights of what I have painstaking document it for your reading pleasure.So stay tuned for daily updates, right up to the finals in the Fancy Goldfish competition. It will be peppered with pictures, movie clips and cliparts to spruce up for your viewing pleasure. So sit back ,enjoy as I unfold the preparation,the thrills and the misses in this coming event. Feel free to comment. So let the journey begins…………
goldrush
Two days before benching,the contestants are fished out of their outdoor habitat and awaits their transportation to their indoor housing facilities.Now this is to acclimatize them to smaller tank housing with artificial lightings as well as to pick out any areas of defects,redness,abrasion or any infection which may have escaped your detection.

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
Wah, very nice fish. shiok.gif

I mean, the kois. hysterical.gif
goldrush
They are aired,provisionally inspected and loaded onto the car to begin their arduous journey to their holding area....indoor setup

IPB Image
goldrush
The bags arrived uneventfully and are floated into their respective tanks

IPB Image

IPB Image
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 23 May 2006 3:58 pm)

Goldrush,
Where is the price tag on the bags? biggrin.gif
goldrush
A tincture of Methylene blue at half the therapeutic strength is added as the only disinfection into their housing tank.

And finally they are loaded into their new home for the next two days.Fasting begins.Parameters monitored.Aeration installed with added powerhead venturi as an added O2 supplement.

The next few days up to the benching require utmost attention to pick up any distress,disease,discomfort and hopefully not……any disaster. ohmy.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(gohks @ Tue, 23 May 2006 4:07 pm)
Goldrush,
Where is the price tag on the bags?  biggrin.gif

they are all PRICE-LESS laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
desireless
And.. Don't forget you left your fish in your car boot...

One bro forgot and his fish was cooked. hysterical.gif

There's no scientic proof that Goldfish soup is good for health ;)
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 23 May 2006 6:14 pm)
And.. Don't forget you left your fish in your car boot...

One bro forgot and his fish was cooked.  hysterical.gif

There's no scientic proof that Goldfish soup is good for health  ;)

erh ... sounds familiar ... who har ?

nice to prepare the fish before hand. lucky i din enter any ranchu ... how to win. biggrin.gif
CP
In order to transfer his fish from outdoor pond to indoor tank, he needs to drive.

His house must be damn big. biggrin.gif
mountain
yeh man. looks as if he got oxygen tank leh. biggrin.gif or was it from the electrical pump?
and good rubber band skill also good.gif not a lot of folks know how to do it like the fish farmers laugh.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 23 May 2006 3:58 pm)

looks like this one going .....can't wait good.gif

CP
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue, 23 May 2006 7:55 pm)
yeh man. looks as if he got oxygen tank leh. biggrin.gif or was it from the electrical pump?

Or maybe from the air jet that he uses to clean your cavities. rolleyes.gif
mountain
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 23 May 2006 9:33 pm)
Or maybe from the air jet that he uses to clean your cavities. rolleyes.gif

ohmy.gif That Kinky stick that blows! laugh.gif pssssss....
goldrush
Will this grand dame make her unprecedented appearance at the show or will she have to make way for younger blood to prove their worth

Your guess is as good as mine

Direct Link: http://www.rafflesgold.com/members/goldrush/2006_0523Image0024.wmv
ranchu8
wow, it looks really well fed smile.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 23 May 2006 9:47 pm)
Will this grand dame make her unprecedented appearance at the show or  will she have to make way for younger blood to prove their worth

Is that the Guangzhou fish?
Give her a shot.But recalled that you did not send her to Yuhua Comp.
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 23 May 2006 9:54 pm)
Is that the Guangzhou fish?
Give her a shot.But recalled that you did not send her to Yuhua Comp.

yes this is the fish featured in this thread

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3555

It has gained bulk(laden with eggs) and its red has deepen considerably yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif
goldrush
The day has come
What is done cannot be undone
The end is near
What we got is only fear
But such fear is totally unfounded
As most are only compounded
Look with positive perception
Not view with negative deception
Someone would walk away with great honor
That is tomorrow at 16 hundred hours.
Everyone gets to win
And that’s not a sin
Some friendship
Other fellowship
Tis unsinkable ship
Worth most my worship………….

goldrush
goldrush
ok back from benching

But due to electrical lighting not installed I was unable to capture some beautiful specimens for your viewing pleasure.Perhaps other bros who stayed longer may have some sneak preview

Here is the grand banner that front the atrium of B2 at Bukit Timah Plaza

IPB Image
goldrush
An aerial view of what to expect at tomorrows competition

IPB Image
goldrush
What that glitters may not be gold

That’s what I was told

Seek not the moon in the reflection of the pool

So be not a fool

It is a vain and hopeless distraction

If you cling to such distasteful attraction

But beneath this ripple

Ain’t no deeper

Lies your heart

Lies your soul

Be part of it

Never apart from it

For today’s the day you bring your fruit to ripeness

In victory or defeat please accept without bitterness……………
goldrush

goldrush
With the benching over,perhaps I should write out on something on the high expectation of this on going show.On my opinion My fancy goldfish competition is perhaps the most complete,amazing spectacle (outside Aquarama)with close to 250 exhibits of considerable quality.
It is difficult to describe and express the quality in words.Our poor photographic skills do not do justice to the sheer magnificence of some specimens.Many of these that will not be awarded prizes were simply superb specimen .that goes to show the competitiveness of this coming show.
So if you are in Singapore and want your eyes to feast on goldfish and nothing but goldfish,come on down to Bukit Timah Plaza this weekend and have a grand buffet platter serve with sheer quality goldfish.... quaranteed to satisfy any goldfish connoissieurs'appetite!!!1

It was nice to meet up with RG pals(Deisreless.Matrix,cp,Laserguy and ranchu8)
Salute to cp for taking his time off to grace this occasion with his photography(though much to be desired) and despite him not participating at all.Wih other RG mebers reporting at the other thread on the competition I hope my travelogue serve as an additional input and complement their reports without much repetition with my lo-so(long winded) rendition.So I may complement their static presentation with some video captures of some of these amazing fish (for youreyes only) especially for our foreign RG members.

So this is goldrush signing off reporting this morning for RG doc.com
goldrush
hi.gif hi.gif hi.gif I’m back

The fancy goldfish competition has officially started and to prove it this post will be my biggest ever.I will be posting some movie clips of all stunning winners in all categories with all the up to date news.There is something for every one from novice to advanced keepers .Need I say more as the clips say them all ,and boy, there are some goldie to die for. So stay glued and let goldrush painstaking try to upload every bit of what I have captured this evening and share the victors with one and all in this amazing competition.
It will take awhile(maybe a few days) before I can upload all ….so be patient

Regards
goldrush
goldrush
Rhyukin short tail 1st Cat A small
desireless
If this fish is at the top tank, I believe it belongs to a hobbyist from Jakarta...
goldrush
long tail Cat A Rhyukin
goldrush
Cat B Short tail winner object width="425" height="350">
goldrush
long tailed nacreous Rhyukin winner
goldrush
One of the rarest,unique odd and ends winner in the cat A open category
goldrush
Cat B Open winner .....A majestic pom pom
goldrush
One huge black dragon eyed .....winner of cat B
goldrush
Now this one of the most complete and arguably most "perfect fish" I have seen Winner of the junior champion Owner :Ranchulover
goldrush
Now the GRAND CHAMPION of the show Cat B Oranda three times champion beg2.gif beg2.gif beg2.gif Owner Indonesian
goldrush
Now our very own LASERGUY winNer of LIONCHU cat A CONGRATULATION
LASERGUY
Wah, my fish looked stressed out leh......
goldrush
Cat B pearlscale winner
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 27 May 2006 12:13 am)
Now this one of the most complete and arguably most "perfect fish" I have seen

Winner of the junior champion

Owner :Ranchulover

RL,
Is that the $1 - 2 culled u groomed to become "perfect fish" beg2.gif good.gif
goldrush
nap1.gif nap1.gif nap1.gif

Thats it for the night.........need to retire liao

Part two tomorrow stay tuned
desireless
Haha.. we were still talking about the Bubbleeye with dorsal! lol.gif So it won something... Don't pray pray ah sweatingbullets.gif

QUOTE(gohks @ Sat, 27 May 2006 12:37 am)
RL,
Is that the $1 - 2 culled u groomed to become "perfect fish"  beg2.gif  good.gif

Not at all possible to buy a Thai Show Class Oranda at $2. Especially when it is black in colour. rolleyes.gif
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(gohks @ Sat, 27 May 2006 12:37 am)
RL,
Is that the $1 - 2 culled u groomed to become "perfect fish"  beg2.gif  good.gif

The cheapo $2/- fish that won is the pearlscale cat A. Bought from a little known shop in Serangoon North nearest to the NTUC super market. Another cheapo $3/- oranda bought from Serangoon Garden market didn't win anything.

The Oranda & Best Junior was purchased several months ago before the Competition was announced and I didn't spent a bomb for it. So far got offers to sell this one through the organizer.

I also got second for oranda cat A and third for oranda cat B.

Special mention to Vermillion and Samgoldfish especially Matrix and Sam himself for working extremely hard for the competition.

I had failed to send in my Ranchu Cat A because it was too much for me after benching in 6 fish already and decided to forgo that one as I was rushing off to work after benching in after that.
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 27 May 2006 2:23 am)
Haha.. we were still talking about the Bubbleeye with dorsal! lol.gif  So it won something... Don't pray pray ah sweatingbullets.gif
Not at all possible to buy a Thai Show Class Oranda at $2. Especially when it is black in colour.  rolleyes.gif

Actually this oranda is not a black oranda but it will become a red/black and will slowly loose its colour to become red as it grows older. What you are seeing is its "baby colour". Probably in another few months, it will become red.
gohks
QUOTE(Ranchu Lover @ Sat, 27 May 2006 7:08 am)
Actually this oranda is not a black oranda but it will become a red/black and will slowly loose its colour to become red as it grows older. What you are seeing is its "baby colour". Probably in another few months, it will become red.

The moral of the story here (like what Desireless says) is buy cheap cheap, groom groom groom to be champion then got personal satisfaction (if u don't breed your own fishes). I got all my competition entries (actually 4) for < $10/- and try grooming them in my inhouse cramped 6ft tanks (don't have the luxury of space and renting). U can imagine how tough it is but eventually got something out from it thru some secret recipes laugh.gif

RL,
If I know your Oranda is so strong, I would not have submitted mine (thought Oranda is an easier cat). After seeing your fish during benching in, I feel like pulling out. blush.gif My Oranda won search.gif
gohks

So, a black no need to be pitch charcol black to win, as what I always thought unsure.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(gohks @ Sat, 27 May 2006 9:10 am)
So, a black no need to be pitch charcol black to win, as what I always thought  unsure.gif

Unless specification stated black; like Black Ranchu.
The Matrix

Wah ... this fish still baby color ????? It's a black fish lah. But a little bit unstable coloration only. Will it change or not still depends on your skill liao.

It's hard to see a large Black Oranda, groom it to the big Cat for the next competition ...
goldrush
Ok let me continue with my travelogue where I left out.Normal transmission has resumed .sorry for any inconvenience caused starwars.gif starwars.gif starwars.gif Now for cat B Lionchu winner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.