Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Fancy Goldfish Competition 2006 PreResults Pics
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
desireless
A few sample pictures first. biggrin.gif

These were the pictures taken during bench-in. Most of the tank lightings were not up yet, hence it is not possible to take pictures of all the fishes.

IPB Image

I believe CP will have somemore later.

More will follow after the judging is done. Will probably start a "Part 2" topic once the results are out peace.gif

I was told that this Oranda is the Indonesian Champion.

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
Another 2 jumbo Orandas
IPB Image
IPB Image

Black Crowned Pearl
IPB Image
goldrush
Oui back already ah

Sorry never say good bye bye.gif .My kids got sch tomorrow

Eh I thought it was another oranda that was a triple champ?

May need some confirmation though blush.gif
CP
Boy,my last visit to Bukit Timah Plaza was more than 15 years back I think.......
Cant even remember at which floor the H Centre was located........

Anyway, here's the banner that greets you as you entered the basement.
IPB Image
desireless
Some ryukins

Jumbo ryukin
IPB Image
IPB Image

Another jumbo ryukin
IPB Image

Some other ryukins
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
Had a preview of the various participants.......would say that the standard of goldfish taking part was rather good.

Judging takes place tomorrow, so there were no results to announce at this point of time.As the organisers are still putting on the final touches including fixing up the tank lightings, there were not much pics of the fishes to be taken.(I deem taking pics of other people's fish using flash is rather impolite).

Here is a display pair of Vermillion's dragon eyes pompom in a lighted tank:
IPB Image
desireless
Some ranchus... Sorry for the blurred pictures. Best that can be done... biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
As I was about to leave some of the tanks were beginning to light up.

And hats off to our TVR keeper Mr Ranchu8 for sending his TVR into a SVR comp!! salute.gif That's the spirit and I wish him all the best.

IPB Image
desireless
There were quite a few more good fishes but the quality of the pictures is really no good due to the dim surroundings. So stay tuned until after the judging is done on Friday biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
Other specimens in the lighted tanks before I called it a day......
IPB Image

Last pic from me,my next reporting shall be on saturday night.
IPB Image
The Matrix
Lighting was not fix up due to benching in. This is one of the safety precaution that was taken. There are many occasions that the lighting needed to be shifted for the big bag to float and the light drop into the tank. This is a very unsafe condition and we would not take such a risk.

The lighting as of now, 1:30am, should have fixed up and tomorrow you may snap all the way.

Thanks guys. I have already note down some of observations and logistic issues.

One thing to mention ... Only Ranchu8 brought along a pH meter to test the water !! You the man !

Have fun !
The Matrix
Oh ya, Goldrush ah Goldrush ... how come u paste your entry sticker on the tank. That's not going to gain points but will straight gone. Removed and I oo-kong u 10 glasses of kopi-o ...

ok ... me left 5 hours sleep before judging start. See ya there.
goldrush
Oui somebody must have sabo!!!!!!!! and paste it there:think thinking.gif thinking.gif

But I leave it as it is and we all knew it to "protest" in good spirit to why some tanks already have some stickers on them...... hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
desireless
Doc, if you can sponsor a few grand I believe they will allow you to paste anything that you want on your tank biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Hello Kitty also can hysterical.gif
goldrush
Got wind our perenial winner has 2 prizes shiok.gif shiok.gif shiok.gif

Yet to confirmed biggrin.gif
desireless
Yeah... Must wait for confirmation of what he wins
CP
Received news that our MR CONSISTENT aka LASERGUY has won prizes in not one but THREE categories!!! beg2.gif beg2.gif beg2.gif

Qianhu Goldfish comp, 1st Yuhua Comp, 2nd Yuhua Comp, and now Myfancy goldfish comp!!!You name it, he has it.!!! good_very.gif

And, Grand Champ is the multiple winner Indo oranda.

Pics?
Wait lah, tomorrow only going. biggrin.gif
gohks
Was informed thru phone my Class A short tail Ryukin won 3rd prize. Tough competition, those expect to win never win and the least expected won thinking.gif

See u folks in tommorrow's prize presentation gathering.gif
CP
QUOTE(gohks @ Fri, 26 May 2006 7:40 pm)
Was informed thru phone my Class A short tail Ryukin won 3rd prize. 

Congrats.!!!
Hope can see you tomorrow.
desireless
Congrats to Quek and Goh!! good.gif Anymore bros receive call or not??
ranchu8
well ... not me beer1.gif
CP
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Fri, 26 May 2006 10:45 pm)
well ... not me  beer1.gif

If there is a trophy for best colouration, you might have won. biggrin.gif
Your fish's colour is good.
The Matrix
Best on my own assessment .... and if there are such awards to be given out ...

Most Unique and Rare Award goes to the Bubble eyes with dorsal.

Most Perfect fish goes to the Cat B Oranda Champ and Grand Champ

Cutest winner goes to Cat A Pearlscale 1st prize

The standard of the fish at the show is quite satisfactory. Glad that many competitors have take it seriously and put in the best show.

And the Most Consistent and Ever Improving Competitor Awards goes to none other than Laserguy ! good.gif

Keep it up !!!
The Matrix
QUOTE(gohks @ Fri, 26 May 2006 7:40 pm)
Was informed thru phone my Class A short tail Ryukin won 3rd prize.  Tough competition, those expect to win never win and the least expected won  thinking.gif

See u folks in tommorrow's prize presentation  gathering.gif

Expect the unexpected. That's the fun of competition. Becos you will never know what you actually have if you dun show it out.

Now not just a nice tank with nice fish, you have a trophy to decorate.

Isn't Goldfish keeping fun ?
gohks
longpia.gif now I am wondering whether I submitted the wrong fish smile.gif
The Matrix
You can always call back that number and said you bench in wrongly. I won't mind taking that trophy back. shiok.gif

Talk to you tomorrow. I won't be there early. I need sleep ... finally.
impellitteri
Absolutely awesome guys!!! Nice work...nice work. This is just what we need and look for in a competition. Amazing orandas....waiting for more ranchus!!!

Keep up the good work guys.

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.