Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Fancy Goldfish Competition 2006 Results & Pics
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
CP
IPB Image
CP
All in all 350+ pics were taken today, and given that there were 60 winners from all the categories that meant each winning fish were snapped only five times on average.

It was also already the 3rd day of the competition taking into account benching in was on Thursday night; some fishes were understandably quite stressed and in many tanks the water was beginning to turn cloudy.

So what am I trying to dig at?
Trying to give excuse that picture quality may not be good this time round...... hysterical.gif
CP
We begin with the Lionchu categories, not only because this is the first time (AFAIK)that we have a category for Lionchu ( terminology unique to Singapore), but also because this is the category where our "Mr. Consistent Winnner" Laserguy won the Cat A 1st prize.

Lionchu Cat A.

Here's the 3rd prize winner:
IPB Image

Lionchu Cat A 2nd:
IPB Image

And our Laserguy's 1st prize fish. good_very.gif
This fish also came in third at the 2nd Nat Ranchu Comp.
IPB Image

The fish is obviously stressed........but here's a pic of it taken about 2 weeks ago:
IPB Image
CP
Next, Lionchu Cat B.

3rd placing:
IPB Image

2nd placing:
(er...sorry cannot find pic)

1st placing:
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Ranchu metallic Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Ranchu metallic Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image
This is a good and complete chinese ranchu.Here's a video of it:

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Ranchu non-metallic Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Ranchu non metallic Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Ranchu black Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
(er.....cant find pic again blush.gif )
CP
Ranchu black Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Pearlscales Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Pearlscale Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
(er....cant find pic again)

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Oranda Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st place and Junior Champion:
This piece belongs to Ranchu Lover, congrats. good.gif
IPB Image
CP
Oranda Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st and title of OVERALL GRAND CHAMPION:
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Dragon eyes Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Dragon eyes Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Open, Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Open, Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Long tailed ryukin Cat A.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Long tailed ryukin Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
Short tailed ryukin Cat A.

3rd:(belonging to gohks, congrats good.gif )
IPB Image

2nd:(belonging to our Laserguy)
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
CP
And finally,

Short tailed ryukins, Cat B.

3rd:
IPB Image

2nd: (belonging to our Laserguy, again)
IPB Image

1st:
IPB Image
The Matrix
Thank you CP ...

Have a good rest.
CP
Some of RG members participating fishes:

From Goldrush:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ranchu8's TVR:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Domho's giant SVR:
IPB Image

Seacucumber's magnificent (colour only biggrin.gif ) ryukin:
IPB Image

Laserguy's 2nd placed fish at Yuhua comp:
IPB Image
CP
Nice meeting Gohks for the first time, as well as the usual goldfish kakis .........Top View Ranchu, Chleong,9Ranchus, Ranchu8, etc etc etc..........

And to all ladies out there who are wondering how goldfish hobbyists looked like,
IPB Image

Yea...........they are mostly handsome men. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
CP
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 28 May 2006 1:52 am)
Thank you CP ...

Have a good rest.

Dont mention.
You need them more than me.

Thanks to Vermillion Goldfish Club and the sponsors for putting up the event.
CP
If you need to see the fishes in action, the videos can be found here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3777

Hic hic............ drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif
I've downed two stouts and a beer.........good night.
desireless
Next competition I am going to send this black ranchu.

IPB Image

Sure win... Bao jiak one (as in tio jiak hysterical.gif )
gohks
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 28 May 2006 4:28 am)
Next competition I am going to send this black ranchu.

Sure win... Bao jiak one (as in tio jiak  hysterical.gif )

Make sure u keep it black by moving it outdoor with lots of sunshines smile.gif
gohks
Thks for the meticulous hardwork for taking and putting up all the pictures pain-stakingly, I like the handsome guys one tongue.gif
Look around and start to wonder why all goldfish hobbyist are males (except the swee MC during the prize presentation), maybe females can't appreciate something more beautiful than them biggrin.gif

Nice meeting all you folks. Going down today in late afternoon 1 - 2 hrs before benching out (family outing day). Going? See you guys again. hi.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(gohks @ Sun, 28 May 2006 7:59 am)
Thks for the meticulous hardwork for taking and putting up all the pictures pain-stakingly, I like the handsome guys one  tongue.gif
Look around and start to wonder why all goldfish hobbyist are males (except the swee MC during the prize presentation), maybe females can't appreciate something more beautiful than them  biggrin.gif

Nice meeting all you folks.  Going down today in late afternoon 1 - 2 hrs before benching out (family outing day).  Going?  See you guys again.  hi.gif

Dun be surprise that the ladies are the goldfish lovers and their poor man are just slaves to the hobby. hahahahahaha ...
goldie
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 28 May 2006 2:09 am)
Nice meeting Gohks for the first time, as well as the usual goldfish kakis .........Top View Ranchu, Chleong,9Ranchus, Ranchu8, etc etc etc..........
And to all ladies out there who are wondering how goldfish hobbyists looked like,

Yea...........they are mostly handsome men. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Wah thank you CP.
I looked like the one-arm swordsman. hysterical.gif
Btw, three of the four guys here in the photo are just spectators, none of them
send in any entries. tongue.gif Just came here for support and admire the standards good.gif
gohks
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 28 May 2006 10:02 am)
Dun be surprise that the ladies are the goldfish lovers and their poor man are just slaves to the hobby. hahahahahaha ...

thinking.gif no wonder my MOH only pass input comments but no action done.
goldrush
Nice work cp wah beg2.gif beg2.gif beg2.gif up to 2.30am

I up until 5.30 am biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 28 May 2006 1:35 pm)
Nice work cp wah beg2.gif  beg2.gif  beg2.gif  up to 2.30am

I up until 5.30 am biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Those in the medical line are trained to forgo sleep for days.........not me.I need to hit the bed by midnight, otherwise I will feel STONED the next day. nap1.gif
desireless
OK, here comes the limelight.... I took 5 pictures of our members going up to receive their prizes.

For example,

laserguy,

gohks,

etc...

and

I also took got the Indonesian Grand Champ

Laserguy
IPB Image

Gohks
IPB Image

Laserguy
IPB Image

RL
IPB Image

The Grand Champ
IPB Image

Eh!? What happen to my camera?! How come my camera can auto-focus one? biggrin.gif
desireless
You see ah... that's the problem... The judge/prize giver ah... faced the audience. So the winners going up to receive prizes... back face the audience... End up I have photos like this...

IPB Image

So... all pictures are like that.. winners cannot see face hysterical.gif

IPB Image

Whatever angle I take photo from... can see backside only

PS: ONLY got RL went up the stage, shook hands with the judge, turned back at the audience and smiled. good.gif
The Matrix
hahahaha ... auto focus to little darling har ... i will show the pics to her ..... hubby biggrin.gif
desireless
Ah Goh say swee mah biggrin.gif

My eyes more busy looking at the few "dragoneyes" at the Betta section hysterical.gif
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 28 May 2006 4:34 pm)

This head looks damn familiar............................... no.gif

Was it Davinder,Subhas,Shanmugam,Kew Chai or Pung How...........
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 28 May 2006 11:51 pm)

Must be keeping his eyes to make sure that no one disturbs his wife hor!
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 28 May 2006 11:51 pm)

Eh one of them dead liao death.gif death.gif death.gif
desireless
Wah lau eh... don't scare me leh... Reminds me of the scary scene from the thai horror movie "Shutter"... Neck pain or not? Look up!! look up!!! nananana.gif

That hair looks like it's been exposed to lots of sun.. and chlorine rolleyes.gif
LASERGUY
Oh, liveguard......
gohks
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 29 May 2006 2:29 am)
Wah lau eh... don't scare me leh... Reminds me of the scary scene from the thai horror movie "Shutter"... Neck pain or not? Look up!! look up!!!  nananana.gif

That hair looks like it's been exposed to lots of sun.. and chlorine  rolleyes.gif

Wah Bian! u all discuss this sort of thing in late night, goldfish not enough excitment, izzit?
CHLeong
Thanks CP for his pictures of all the fishes.

And nice to meet up with all the guys again.
goldrush
Can some winners post their trophies for us(especially me) to appreciate.As I was absent at the prize presentation I did not get to see any trophies on display throughout the competition.Due to security reason,the matrix told me they were kept in a secret vault till ceremony.I want to see the silver one leh.Heard that is best in terms of presentation shiok.gif
The Matrix
wanted to ... but difficult to look after leh. Some more the 2 crystals are specially ordered from Abu Dubai.

Anyway, ah Quek got gold and silver one ... and Gohks got a bronze .kekekeke .. see ... RG grabbed all 3 colors.
gohks
In case you folks not aware, in today's newpaper, there is a page article written about this competition and special mention of Alvin Lim. smile.gif Looks like this hobby is blooming here cheers.gif
Ranchu Lover
QUOTE(gohks @ Mon, 29 May 2006 10:59 pm)
In case you folks not aware, in today's newpaper, there is a page article written about this competition and special mention of Alvin Lim.  smile.gif Looks like this hobby is blooming here  cheers.gif

Yes!, must give special mention to the Vermillion Club and its members especially Alvin Lim and Matrix (Ken) who have worked so hard to make this event very special. I know it is not easy for the organizer as I have once organized a TVR Workshop. Already so tough and I can imagine what it was like for them.

BTW my wife and daughters have discovered some shops in BTP that they never knew existed that sells "ladies stuff" for less than half the price compared to those sold in Orchard road. Today they went back there for another round of shopping and reported to me that the tanks are still there. I think that is what the management of BTP wants to achieve.

Anyway well done to all who have made the event a success.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.