RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
desireless
What a HOT MATCH!!! Shaolin Soccer!

THREE RED CARDS!!!!!

duel.gif starwars.gif
desireless
My goodness.. FOUR RED CARDS!!!

I don't win money nevermind... Just take it as I have paid to watch an exciting and fiery match!!! WONDERFUL! Worthed ever single minute!!! I don't think I will be able to sleep after watching this match... laugh.gif

Portugal is in but without Deco and Ronaldo and the bloody cock Costinha. Figo might also be out because he head-butted a dutch player. Subjected to Fifa's decision. Eriksson must be smiling now biggrin.gif
The Matrix
Aiyo ... 4 bloody reds ... main players are out. Portugal paid a hefty price to get into next round.

desireless, hint hint ODD number game liao lah.

England really smiling big time now. I guess the bookmakers will scramble to readjust the odds.
desireless
Total 16 yellow and 4 red cards in one game. That's a Wow... shiok.gif

In my opinion, it was partly due to bad refereeing. But still given a heated match like this, other referee might not have performed well either.

But hey... talking about referee... see who is #1 here...

World Cup Stats: Top Rated Referees - 2006
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/worldcup/stat...ar=2006&cc=4716
The Matrix
Tonight game focus on coaches. Socceroo got a top class manager which help PSV top the table, bring Korea to the world class soccer shock.

Italy going to hate him so much ... a memory of the 2002 when Hiddink's fighter won on a golden goal. Let's see if Lippi can get his man shake off this nightmare.

I go for an Even play.
desireless
Italy lost that match against South Korea due to bad refereeing. I can still remember it was a referee from ECUADOR who obviously showed favourtism towards the Korean side, and caused Totti to be red carded in the first half of play. It was a disastrous match for the Italian without the play maker.

Till this day, I still cannot find back the respect for the Korean team which I had lost ever since that match. They were successful back then due to the outrageous advantage shown to them as the host in the last world cup.

On top of that match, they had no pride in their next one against Spain, in which 2 aparent Spanish goals were ruled as offside.

Yes, I think Hiddink has a part to play but Italy was out for that match MAINLY because of bad refereeing.
desireless
Ah.. I've found it..

The referee's name is Byron Moreno. Look here for his smelly history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Moreno
and this
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/ne...6/10/latin_rdp/

Now he is known as a FORMER referee. hysterical.gif

He was suspended for 20 matches because he showed favourtism to a soccer team from a place called "Quito", in which he was running an election for office at the same time. In that match Quito actually lost 2-3 but he gave a 13-mins extra time beg2.gif which resulted in Quito winning the match at 4-3 in the end. This man has obvious character flaws.

It is in no doubt that Italy deserved a win in that match against South Korea. Now after reading the article, I remember Italy's apparent winning goal that was ruled as offside (linesman's fault actually) by this Moreno. mad.gif I remember the anger I felt when watching that match live on TV and hated the South Korean soccer team ever since.
The Matrix
kekekeke .... still got 30 mins to decide ... i still going for an even number game.

4 Juventus 3 AC players vs 5 EPL lower team players. I still look upon socceroo to make some noises.
The Matrix
0-0 is a good number ... shiok.gif now the next is the crucial part. Socceroooooossss ... make some noise .. where r our Aussie friends har ?
CP
My betting record so far:

Played 5
Won 0
Lost 5
For $0
Against $500

Neen nah beh............. mad.gif
goldrush
I see RED on BLUES...................
desireless
No Totti and Inzaghi for starting lineup. Lippi is looking for trouble. Now with 10 men playing... his plan backfires. Well done. Another screwup... or is it not thinking.gif
desireless
Luckily for them... Thanks to the Penalty!! good.gif

Oh yeah... I bought 1-0 happydance.gif

Well done Totti!!! You are my hero!!!

IPB Image
The Matrix
Most Cruel Ending happens tonight ..... So sad .... A penalty in the final seconds ...

Hiddink is the saddest man in the world now.

Wat a way to lose the bet on 0-0 and 1-1 ... wah liao ehhhh ...
goldrush
Nah Mah See Buay Heng

If extra time I think Italia Wan Tan!!!!!
desireless
Yeah.. they got away with it. Dam lucky.

Neither Ukraine nor Switzerland is Italy's match. So they have won 2 matches... in theory yes.gif
desireless
Ukraine-Switzerland match is the Most boring game in this World Cup... nap1.gif

Beckenbuer was shaking his head in dismay hmm.gif Want to yawn also cannot yawn because camera shooting him nananana.gif

Ukraine 1st pass, 2nd pass, 3rd pass sure lose ball to Switzerland. But don't worry Switzerland will pass back the ball in no more than 5 passes. Well done. I can sleep early today
gohks
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:28 am)
Ukraine-Switzerland match is the Most boring game in this World Cup... nap1.gif

Beckenbuer was shaking his head in dismay hmm.gif Want to yawn also cannot yawn because camera shooting him  nananana.gif

Ukraine 1st pass, 2nd pass, 3rd pass sure lose ball to Switzerland. But don't worry Switzerland will pass back the ball in no more than 5 passes. Well done. I can sleep early today

my goodness, Switz missed all the penalties faint.gif
d_golem
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:55 am)
Hiddink is the saddest man in the world now.

The whole of Australia is in great sadness today. Man I was close to tears when Totti scored the goal.....absolutely gutted.....

No matter! The Socceroos have shown the world what a great team Australia is! They've won respect across the globe! Australian football will no doubt be inspired and we'll definitely become a world powerhouse, sooner rather than later!

OZ OZ OZ OI OI OI!!!!!!!
gohks
now then Australia starts to realize a round ball is easier to play sad.gif
desireless
Yes the Socceroos have indeed come far. Having beaten and drawn experienced teams like Japan and Croatia respectively.

And like I said previously, winning last night's match is as good as winning 2 matches in a row, because both Ukraine and Switzerland are weak teams. So winning that match means winning ticket to the last 4 biggrin.gif

If Hiddink stays with Socceroos, I am sure they will have better prospects in the next World Cup. good.gif

BTW.. what happened to the Singaporean 2010 WC dream ah? Seems to have dispersed like smoke nananana.gif
gohks
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 2:24 pm)
BTW.. what happened to the Singaporean 2010 WC dream ah? Seems to have dispersed like smokeĀ  nananana.gif

maybe typo, should be 2100 WC dream laugh.gif

what's tonight preview unsure.gif
desireless
Not so difficult to play to tonight's matches. tongue.gif

France can only score 2 goals against a weak team like Togo. The rest all draw hysterical.gif One thing to keep in mind is that Raul is playing for Spain tonight good.gif

Brazil... needless to say. IF, the Japanese had not antagonize them with an early one-ball lead in the first half of the last game, they would not have returned with 4 hysterical.gif They are so good that they can control a game... like the bloody Argentines. mad.gif Ghana on the other hand, is a muscle team. So I am sure they can push Brazil to play to their 70% or more. Robinho is out but they still have all the other nho-s, biggrin.gif

In fact, seeing a few controlled (not to the extend of match-fixing) matches in this world cup makes me worry that the same thing will happen to EPL. Having seen Roman perfected his toy team this off-season period. This man is up to something... He can somewhat already control win-loss last season. With a super duper team, one can control with accuracy even to the scoreline. beg2.gif It would be no longer fun watching EPL.... sad.gif

Sng2 kew2 sng2 kah4 ah1 nee1.... manah eh3 chu4 bee3?
[Play ball play until like that, where got cute(fun)?]
d_golem
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 2:24 pm)
If Hiddink stays with Socceroos, I am sure they will have better prospects in the next World Cup.  good.gif

Hiddink's gone to manage Russia. The FFA is looking for a replacement, and more than likely it's gonna be Gerard Houllier. I'd like to see Neeskens stay and replace Hiddink. Heck, he even sang the Oz national anthem before all the games!
The Matrix
Aussie really break my heart real bad. Anyway, Swiss give me back something I am looking for. Sigh ... combo 0-0/0-0 was a really good return ahhh sigh ...

Think focus back on the regular Woodlands vs Sengkang better. very sian liao.

Ya, tonight should not be difficult. Interesting part is that people are buying Brazil to got kick out of the game early. Maybe. I am not surprise if that happen. I am buying their experience to face tough team.

Gladiators aggressiveness to toast the French fries ? I am looking at attacking soccer.
Kinder
A FRENCH commentator said:

If thats a penalty against Australia, then surely there are Kangaroos in ITALY
The Matrix
Jersey Challenge ...

Germany vs Sweden - Addidas / Umbro
Argentina vs Mexico - Addidas / Nike
Italy vs Australia - Puma / Nike
Ukrain vs Swiss - Lotto / Puma

England vs Ecuador - Umbro / Marathon
Portugal vs Netherland - Nike / Nike
Brazil vs Ghana - Nike / Puma
Spain vs France - Addidas / Addidas

Addidas jersey won over Umbro, Puma, Lotto, Nike
Lotto won or draw Puma.
Puma leads Nike
Nike won Addidas only once.

Confirmed Round of 8 :
3 Addidas, 1 Puma, 1 Lotto, 1 Umbro, 1 Nike

Will Nike or Puma take the last place.

Wish is on Nike, Odds on Puma.
Love the statistics siah. later see scorer ...
gohks
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 6:24 pm)
Jersey Challenge ...

Germany vs Sweden - Addidas / Umbro
Argentina vs Mexico - Addidas / Nike
Italy vs Australia - Puma / Nike
Ukrain vs Swiss - Lotto / Puma

England vs Ecuador - Umbro / Marathon
Portugal vs Netherland - Nike / Nike
Brazil vs Ghana - Nike / Puma
Spain vs France - Addidas / Addidas

Addidas jersey won over Umbro, Puma, Lotto, Nike
Lotto won or draw Puma.
Puma leads Nike
Nike won Addidas only once.

Confirmed Round of 8 :
3 Addidas, 1 Puma, 1 Lotto, 1 Umbro, 1 Nike

Will Nike or Puma take the last place.

Wish is on Nike, Odds on Puma.
Love the statistics siah. later see scorer ...

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif our dear Matrix, oh our dear Matrix, like that also can come out, u damn good.gif
The Matrix
Scorers / Boot :

11 Klose - Germany / Addidas
9 Crespo - Argentina / Addidas
7 Shevchenko - Ukraine / Mizuno
18 Maniche - Portugal / Addidas
4 Gerrard - England / Addidas
10 Totti - Italy / Diadora

Yet to in Round of 8
9 Ronald - Brazil / Nike
12 Henry - France / Nike
9 Torres - Spain / Nike

2nd spot scorer :
20 Podolski - Germany / Addidas
18 Rodriguez - Argentina / Addidas
21 Villa - Ukraine / Addidas
9 Pauleta - Portugal / Nike
9 Beckham - England / Addidas
21 Pirlo - Italy / Nike
7 Adriano - Brazil / Nike
The Matrix
And of course - Ronald will continue to make his record scoring and stamp hard into the WC forever.

BRAZIL !!!!!
desireless
Good work Ghana! They have pushed the brazilians dam well!! This is the type of match I enjoy. Seeing both teams going all the way out.
goldrush
Very sad to see 2 referee's blunders and both involved Adriano.....

One yellow for his dive?????

And the other for an offside goal awarded

Some form of compensation for the first?????????

Bring on PINGPONG Ghana!!!!
desireless
Dam it... Ghana's coach got sent off for appealing against Adriano's offside goal

Adriano's goal was the linesman's fault. He was running slower than the players, thus he can't see from his angle.
CP
So many attacks from Ghana no goals.
One attack from Brazil got goal.

This is football....................
goldrush
Finishing GHANNA-SAI!!!!!!!!

death.gif death.gif death.gif
desireless
Another good game with its beauty smeared by official's error.

The world calls for Collina...

IPB Image

It was apparent that he was a victim to a "conspiracy". Read this:
http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=384
desireless
France doing well to draw back the game...

Funny commentator:

"And it is.... HENRY!!! Guess what? Offside..." hysterical.gif
desireless
woaahhh... cry.gif
Bye bye Spain.... bye.gif Lost 3-1 after leading 1-0 through penalty.

Dam you Puyol for giving that free kick

Dam you Bartez... last time play for Man U never seen you play so well mad.gif
The Matrix
A weird market rumours before the games ... Brazil win, France win. Brazil lose, France lose. I can't manage to find any fact on it but somehow, just followed the call. France is thru convincingly, and the French icon continues his dream before retiring.

But the odds on Brazil to drop out next round is coming to reality.
d_golem
Brazil was still playing casually against Ghana. U can see a number of times they lost the ball in midfield, but didn't seem to fuss about it much and duly cleared the threat. I still feel they're playing below themselves (deliberately) and are saving their best for the big game against the big teams.
The Matrix
Suddenly feel the withdrawal symptom creeping in. 3 days rest from world class soccer ... argh ... after past 18 days of heart pumping excitment ... phew !

Ok, back to SKLeague ....
gohks
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 28 Jun 2006 1:31 pm)
3 days rest from world class soccer ...

Time to change water liao smile.gif
desireless
World Cup 2006 Goals:

http://www.latestgoals.net/games.php?league=108&page=1

In my opinion, Joe Cole's goal during the England-Sweden match is the most spectacular in this world cup. Download and watch if you haven't seen it. good.gif
desireless
No prize or correct answers...

Who do you think will reach the last 4?

I go first:

Argentina
Italy
Portugal
Brazil
The Matrix
The European host the south american team tonight. 22 players will have MUST WIN written all over their forehead. The book keepers hooks to an Even game.

Attack-counter-Attack ... a game of who's faster and who make mistakes. A game not to be missed.

Desireless, a little different from u ...

I go for

Germany
Italy

England
Brazil
goldrush
These are my picks

warning.gif warning.gif warning.gif

The Matrix
market play black red yellow to take the next stage. green white red a boring game.
desireless
But green white red and blue white red are teams with very strong defence and super fast counter-attack. Method a bit boring but it works for them to carry them here.

Wah lau eh.. Argentina is playing circus show... possession rate is 63%, with fantastic passes but no goal. Come here for 表演 (performance) only, not to win... rusure.gif I see Crepo as the sole striker. Tevez left midfield. Strange tactics.

Watch out for Sorin. You see him in the opponent side then it is an indication that Pekrman has pressed the attack button.
goldrush
sterile game

moredrama.gif moredrama.gif moredrama.gif
desireless
hmm.gif Argentina could have won if not for Abbondazieri's exit...

hmm.gif hmm.gif This Franco didn't even warm up and went in blur like f***

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif Riquelme was wrongfully replaced. Pekerman's mistake

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif Rodriguez was denied an obvious penalty...

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif Extra time I think Germany should win. Penalty shootout will see Franco making a fool of himself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.