Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Germany 2006
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
desireless
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:56 am)
hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif Extra time I think Germany should win. Penalty shootout will see Franco making a fool of himself.

See what I meant? Caught all wrong direction except for the first ball. Lehmann had guessed all the penalty kicks correctly.

Seems like a fight going on. I think the Argentines should wallop Klose for hurting their goalie... and maybe the referee as well.
goldrush
Typical German comeback

Don't ever settle with Germans thro penalties.They are masters of penalty taking.Even PAI KAH Ballack can execute with such precision.
desireless
Penalty shootout is all about goalies. It takes experience and exposure to big matches like this, and against the best strikers around the world. And it is also required of goalies to do homework themselves. They have to study ALL the players in the opponent team, by watching their past penalty shootout videos to learn about the inclination of opponent penalty takers. Pekerman knew this and did a smart-alec manoeuvre by placing the not-so-popular players for the shootout.

CRUZ Julio - (Caps: 17 Goals: 3)
CAMBIASSO Esteban - (Caps: 27 Goals: 2)
AYALA Roberto (Defender) - (Caps: 105 Goals: 7)
RODRIGUEZ Maxi - (Caps: 18 Goals: 6)

no experienced attack force like Riquelme, Crespo, Tevez, Saviola, Aimar. Even an experienced defender like Sorin will be a good choice.

I suppose Pekerman also never expected Abbondazieri to be replaced. Can see mistake after mistake, right after Abbondazieri was stretchered off. rusure.gif

And he is hailed as the BEST youth team coach around... He should go back to amatuer level... hmm.gif He has wasted a good argentine team... and denied my dream to watch Argentina vs Brazil in world cup cry.gif
The Matrix
aiya book keeper going on the Even game and market love to see deutschland to go thru ... anyway, over liao.

tonight movement looking at almost identical to last night. An even game on the brits. But i look at Eriksson defensive play might just let them go thru this time with style. hahaha ... a hidden bet, will Beckham skyrocket a penalty again ?

Last south american team face off with their long time enemy. A Draw is everywhere to be seen between former world champion and defending champion. Zidane vs Ronaldo, Henry vs Ronaldinho ... I still stay with the Defender.

Ahhh .... we have yet to see a heart pumping nail biting Golden Goal yet ...
gohks
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:22 pm)
tonight movement looking at almost identical to last night. An even game on the brits. But i look at Eriksson defensive play might just let them go thru this time with style. hahaha ... a hidden bet, will Beckham skyrocket a penalty again ?

Ahhh .... we have yet to see a heart pumping nail biting Golden Goal yet ...

History stats show wherever WC host in which continent, it will favour the countries of that conti. So, not surprise if we see all European countries in semi... yes.gif

Does Golden Goal rule still exist, thought have been abolished long time ago unsure.gif

Tonight the Brit will be playing and I bet the Porturgist will teach them a lesson on attacking football... laugh.gif the most clueless and desireless team I have seen in this WC. Still playing today as have not been really tested by any strong team hmm.gif
white horse T1
i wonder when England going to use their untested striker. this may be the night.

loud band but just .....bench warmer...
desireless
QUOTE(gohks @ Sat, 01 Jul 2006 1:19 pm)
... the most clueless and desireless team I have seen in this WC.  Still playing today as have not been really tested by any strong team hmm.gif

No no no... that's definitely not my kind of team hysterical.gif I think it is a weak team but well supported because EPL is popular here. If Portugal has a full team with Deco, I am 80% sure they will knock England out. Now without the play maker, a little discount in their attack force... worse if Ronaldo does not play tonight. But I have utmost confidence in Scolari. At the minimum, can buy Draw as backup.

I think Sudden Death rule still applies to Penalty shootout. I forgot the term... but if after 5 shots are taken and there's still a draw, they will play a pair at a time. This is called Sudden Death I believe? Too long never seen a soccer match to play beyond penalty shootout.
gohks
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 01 Jul 2006 4:29 pm)
No no no... that's definitely not my kind of team hysterical.gif I think it is a weak team but well supported because EPL is popular here. If Portugal has a full team with Deco, I am 80% sure they will knock England out. Now without the play maker, a little discount in their attack force... worse if Ronaldo does not play tonight. But I have utmost confidence in Scolari. At the minimum, can buy Draw as backup.

I think Sudden Death rule still applies to Penalty shootout. I forgot the term... but if after 5 shots are taken and there's still a draw, they will play a pair at a time. This is called Sudden Death I believe? Too long never seen a soccer match to play beyond penalty shootout.

Think what Matrix means about "Golden Goal" rule is during extra time, which ever team who got a goal first will win the game, without the need to run-up the extra time. If I remember correctly, this was scrapped sometime back because it causes too much jitter and team tend to be overly careful and defensive during this time.

Tonight will be Scolari against Erikson, attacking against defensive. Brazilian style (Scolari) tends to attack more then defence, believing on theory of if you score 2 goals I will enter 3. Sweden (Erikson) style tends to be defensive, see how Sweden play all the while (remember the semi game between Brazil and Sweden in 1994 laugh.gif ). On paper, you can tell who is on the lossing end (how one focus too much on their own defence and forget about the opponent weakest link which is their defence too yes.gif , no wonder Scolari against Erikson record is 100% shiok.gif ). Tonight will be also a test to see England will longpia.gif for not getting Scolari as a replacement for Erikson. blush.gif
The Matrix
Goldrush, your selected team got a lot of book support leh ... now I see the movement also cannot decide on a possible Even game. Now is 1/3-1/3-1/3 ... shheeeshhh ... headache. take a break and see what to enter later.
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 30 Jun 2006 6:00 pm)

Who do you think will reach the last 4?

I go first:

Argentina
Italy
Portugal
Brazil

My pick for the last 4:

1)Germany
2)Italy

As for the other 2 teams, let you know tomorrow.
The Matrix
hahahahaha good one CP.

Cristiano and Neville are in the lineup ... Lone striker for Brits against 3 front Portugese. No change in plan for Eriksson and Solari goes for an All out strike.

Nice ...
CP
So far I bet 5 matches lost all 5.

Just now go dinner walk past Spools, very tempted to buy Portugal win and Brazil win.But last minute,feeling suay, decided not to.

Lets see whats the results tonight, whether sigh.gif OR longpia.gif
goldrush
England got no ideas

John Terryble game again,gave away too may dangerous balls and got himself booked nonono.gif
The Matrix
Interesting facts ... Quarter Final Winning Team and Possession.

Germany : 42%
Italy : 41%

And England right now 48% ..... a new type of power trend in the making.

Brazil hold up above 50, then England must improve.
The Matrix
WAH LIAO !!!! Rooney !!! Give Up siah !
mountain
the most cannot make it team playing in a cannot make it formation with a cannot make it number of players trying to make it past to the next stage
goldrush
England can sing to Looney tunes

Abli-abli-abli........that's all folks
mountain
dun score leh .. boring for past 1 1/2 hr .. i wan to see BANATEEE
The Matrix
When the coach sub a sub out 1 mins before time when the rest of the players look so exhausted ... OUTSTANDING !!!! The Best Coach of the Year ! He is not English ... ahhh.

Nice ... Even game all the way. Looney next game is in Old Trafford. I really wonder how England going to place in the front if they go thru.

Where is THEO !
The Matrix
England is OUT ... same history repeat over and over again. They just can't score a penalty ... SICK siah ! Scolari 3 England 0 ...
desireless
It is a game betwen the 2 goalies. Ricardo has the obvious edge over Robinson. Notice those Potuguese missed penalties are suicide attempts. Ricardo saved the balls with his true skills and experience.

Dam it now I realise Portugal has no decent finisher!! mad.gif
Argghhh Luckily eat ball....

Scolari also dropped hint that when his contract with Portugal expires in July, he will consider England's offer. I think he will be the next coach... hopefully

I think Brazil is having a hard time now and choking on France which is too big for its throat
desireless
And Henry scores!!!!! Brazil is down!!!!! Liao.........!!!

I think a lot of people tiao lao liao....
goldrush
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 30 Jun 2006 8:43 pm)
These are my picks
warning.gif  warning.gif  warning.gif

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif 4 out of 4 ain't bad nananana.gif nananana.gif nananana.gif
CP
QUOTE(CP @ Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:00 pm)
Just now go dinner walk past Spools, very tempted to buy Portugal win and Brazil win.But last minute,feeling suay, decided not to.

Lets see whats the results tonight, whether  sigh.gif  OR   longpia.gif

Wah heng ah, luckily never buy. laugh.gif
Otherwise both games tio chiak.

With Brazil out, looks like the 3964 number factor does not work this time liao.

With all 4 semi-finalists being European teams,The Continent Factor applies once again,at Germany 2006.
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 02 Jul 2006 8:16 am)
clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  4 out of 4 ain't bad nananana.gif  nananana.gif  nananana.gif

Wah doc... bookies would love to hate you...
gohks
Post match comments:-

England out: Blame it on luck or penalty curse, no no no! hmm.gif Blame it on strategy. Clearly coaches have no foresight (Eriksson and his successor, Maclaren, siaoleow.gif), 4-5-1 clearly not working (don't know the holding midfield is for what uhm.gif, think it is EPL, miah laugh.gif ), hold until penalty shoot-out, confidence already lost 10 - 20 yrs ago, when they know they will never win from penalty from the bottom of heart). Not enough support for Roodney till he fad-up and got red-carded. Porturgal did not play well (other coaches would have hammer them), attacking football leave too many gaps at the back, England did not exploit this weakness and missed valuable chances, by having a sole striker upfront sad.gif Nobody to blame, just themselves by having the strategy so wrong. blush.gif

Brazil out: Clearly overlook at their defence (too confidence?). How come the most deadly and lethal striker of EPL not mark at all during dead ball situation. When he scored, too late, France basically locked up the back door. How hard "Ah Pui" and "Ah San" tried still cannot break down the defence. sad.gif
white horse T1
looks like Germany going to win this time.
gohks
Tonight Italy facing a daunting task, think they going to be defensive and counter-attack on the break smile.gif
goldrush
If Germany overcomes Italy tomorrow then they will be World Champion but if Italy pulls through then France may regain their crown......that's my pick for 2006 winner.
chanB
Germany please win beg2.gif
2-0 beg2.gif beg2.gif
CP
This game 0-0 or 1-0.
The Matrix
funny ... all 4 got so much desire to be crowned. quite a surprise this round pretty much quieter than the other rounds. Probably the big names are gone or the ref tonight is the same when Italy won Czeh 2-0 and accumulated 8 yellows 1 red in his pocket ... and brought on Ukraine to face Italy, and a Mexican with Green White Red in his national flag .... and Italy's Green White Red

Athen 2004 ... a history remake when Italy lost Argentina by 3 goals or a repeat of the friendly match 4 mths ago where Italy won Germany by 3 goals

Do we see a problem ...

Germany vs Italy ... I just can't bear to watch, so I sleep better. Tell me the good news tomorrow.
d_golem
2 goals in the last 2 minutes of extra time, one by Grosso and the other by Del Piero with the last kick of the game.

Breathless stuff!
desireless
CP, how? 0-0 as you predicted. Have much have you won? biggrin.gif

LAST 2 minutes!! The Germans must be devastated!! I am sure they were hoping to get through to the penalty shooutout where they would have prevailed. The Germans have never lost a single match through penalty shootout. hmm.gif It's time for them anyway - Should have been kicked out since the match against Argentina but they were lucky that argentina team self-destructed.
gohks
My guess on final 4 placing:-

Champ: Italy, 2nd: France, 3rd: Germany, 4th: Porturgal smile.gif
desireless
Mine:

1st: Italy
2nd: Portugal
3rd: France
4th: Germany
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 05 Jul 2006 1:58 pm)
CP, how? 0-0 as you predicted. Have much have you won? biggrin.gif

Nothing lah never buy. sad.gif
The Matrix
I starting to like this black horse team ...
goldrush
Champion:France
Runners-up:Italy
Third:Germany
Fourth:Portugal
chanB
bros,

do you think tonight will be draw game? rusure.gif
CP
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:10 am) *

My betting record so far:

Played 5
Won 0
Lost 5
For $0
Against $500
Neen nah beh............. mad.gif

Last chance to re-coup my losses liao.
For the FINALS, I have put my stakes thus:

$100 on Italy win
$100 on total goal = 1
$100 on Draw / Home

.......So if first half 0-0 and 2nd half Italy wins 1-0....... HO SEH AH!!!! beg2.gif
desireless
Deeper and deeper you go hysterical.gif
The Matrix
when u buy 3-0, 4-0 ... and the game ends 3-1 with a last min goal to break the egg ... cannot tahan lah.
CP
QUOTE(CP @ Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:36 pm) *

$100 on Italy win
.......So if first half 0-0 and 2nd half Italy wins 1-0....... HO SEH AH!!!! beg2.gif

Wah liao, 7 out of 8 Singapore fengshui masters predicts France will win. no.gif
Wonder how this headline in Today's papers will affect the odds in the market.

But I am VERY CONFIDENT on who is the ultimate winner........................

tada.gif Singapore Pools tada.gif
The Matrix
Tradition dun fail so easily. 3rd placing always on the high scoring sheet.
Past 2 tournament took the low call for the winners.

I love to see the french toasted but the pizza looks over done. Going for an even game on high note.
white horse T1
i just bet on France. Pay out 1: 3 better than Italy. 1: 2.6

my first virgin bet on Football.
The Matrix
S-K-League gives u better returns. shiok.gif
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 09 Jul 2006 6:45 am) *

Deeper and deeper you go hysterical.gif

CCB.............. mad.gif Spot on.

This is my worst betting record in World Cup all my life.

Played 8.
Won 0.
Draw 0.
Lost 8.
For $0.
Against $800.

With that I have achieved the GRAND SLAM.
Neen nah beh........should have betted in Wimbledon instead. hysterical.gif
goldrush
KELONG! KELONG! KELONG!

France just self destruct for no apparent reason

Zidane just chest butt and Henry replaced!!!!!!!!!

2 of the most consistent penalty takers taken out

BYE,BYE France........with a chee infront laugh.gif
white horse T1
big conspiracy for bookies in the world to recoup.

World cup like WWF ; wayang ..... hmm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.