Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Carp 2006
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
goldrush
Halo football fans

With the world cup 5 days away, perhaps gazing through the crystal ball may reveal the ultimate winner in this much followed and awaited event. However as always I have my own revelation and what better way then using my fish(carp in this instance) to pick my winner through their display of colors akin to the jersey worn by each country.I happened to harvest this afternoon and assessed the development of each variety and below is just what I found

Each fish is assessed through their finishing and display of colors to determine the winner of this carp(Cup) event.Most unfortunately there were no blue carps in my collection,so it is adious to the teams in BLUEs..

The Azzurris(Italy) ,Les Bleus(France)Nippon(Japan)and even Argentina!!!

blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif
goldrush
The closest blue and red koi with a tinge of white has to be the Asagi and the country come closest to its combination?CROATIA.Sad to say the colour of this koi is weak,just like the team which is a pale shadow of the past (compared to 90's when'Davor Suker was at his prime)?.I doubt it can go beyond second round?.
goldrush
Now the Ki koi(yellow koi) has a few picks.Ranging from the likes of Socceroos(Australia),Sweden,Ecuador,Togo and Ukraine.The Ki koi is among the most humongous in size but sad to say they never make it to the top three in any competition.So too will be these countries.

Sorry my Ki koi is close to 80 cm so unable to net him up without damaging it biggrin.gif
goldrush
Reds are popular to grace all ponds and this fiery hue is among the most favorite worn.My Beni (Full Red)koi has a nice conformation but with age comes a few speckles that mar a voluminous body.So the reds, as represented by Korea,Switzerland,Spain,Czech Rep and Portugal may be there just for just the numbers
goldrush
The rare and exotic green Midori has two countries, Mexico and Saudi Arabia as representatives.Sad to say perhaps only Mexico is tipped to go beyond second round.Anyway the colors are too fake for my liking and so too will be the fate of these two countries

So what is left?
goldrush
The gold of Yamabuki strikes instant chord with many as the favorite to lift the cup.The samba king of football,Brazil is tipped to finish among the top 4 but not winning the World Cup is unthinkable and an absolute failure The finishing of this koi is outstanding just as its conformation and lustre.

goldrush
The kohaku(red and white)is a little small to challenge this coverted throne and England with Theo Walcott as its equivalent can at best win the young champion in his short stay at the finals.
goldrush
The orange and white(Kikusui ) with its sharp kiwa(demarcation) was my surprise finalist with its crisp and distinct finish.And Holland which invented Total Football may be the dark horse of this tournament .However they have to overcome their over billed reputation and internal squabbles to exert their influences on the pitch
goldrush
But my pick to win the competition has to be the Shiro Utsuri(Black and white)with its black laquered finish over a snowy white body and Germany, the host country with its familiar black and white may be crowned world champion on 9th July 2006 if my shiro speaks volume through its color, deportment, finish and size.

Even my Showa sanshoku shows its patriotism with its display of the national colors of Germany

But as always there is always something fishy in my World Carp 2006 prediction.

goldrush
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.