Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charles Lam's Green Water Setup
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Charles Lam
Please see attached photo. Is this shade of green alright, could still see the shade of filter and fish.

IPB Image

IPB Image
peter porker
QUOTE(Charles Lam @ Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:37 am)
Please see attached photo. Is this shade of green alright, could still see the shade of filter and fish.

erm..I think there's more to greenwater to 'the right shade of green'. You need to read up on cultivating green water and the different intensities of green that you will experience.
gohks
looks more like green from algae wall ohmy.gif
desireless
Is that sponge filter? You shouldn't have bio-filters in your greenwater. It defeats the purpose of using green water and the bio setup will compete nutrients with the green water algae. Let the algae do the job of removing the fishes' waste.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(Charles Lam @ Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:37 am)

Hi Charles,
I've seen many using sponge filter to cultivate wall algae then Green water! yes.gif
May I know the reason for using filter? Is your tub under direct sunlight?

Regards,
David Hou
Charles Lam
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Thu, 06 Jul 2006 1:35 pm)
Hi Charles,
I've seen many using sponge filter to cultivate wall algae then Green water! yes.gif
May I know the reason for using filter? Is your tub under direct sunlight?

Regards,
David Hou

he tub is under direct sunlight from 12 noon to 5 pm daily. I am not using a sponge filter.
The Matrix
would you like to use a glass jar and scope a jar of water for photo taking ?

Is it green, tinted green or clear ?

wat's your water parameter right now ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.