Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess The Price?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Halo friends Let's have a guessing game of the price of this recently acquired red and white Thai oranda It is about 6 inch in length from mouth to tail Here are some pics and a short video of the fish

The answer will be given later rolleyes.gif enjoy IPB Image IPB Image
gohks
Nice showcase piece, my guess $150/- bigwink.gif
simliangyi
nice fin nice body structure.. my guess is $100-150?
CP
Knowing that you are a cheapskate doc this one probably $25 at most.
The Matrix
hahahaha typical thai cross bred fish .... I got my almost-same-size red/white oranda at $8 from a lfs. ok ... my guess, not more than $15. shiok.gif
desireless
Don't like that leh... $8... rusure.gif

Depends on where you got it from. Same quality different places can have 10 times difference in price.

Safe bet: $28 wiggle.gif
goldrush
Wahhhlau eh see me no up ha mad4.gif

$150 ..........Kah Chye Tau liao cluebat.gif

$8.00????? you sell me some crazy.gif
goldrush
ok We are going for a commercial break.......and when we come back..............

The Results?????? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
fish man
I' guessing around 50-75 dollars, I think i'm hi but retail it should be around there
goldrush
Though the responses are not very encouraging nevertheless here are the results......

Before that .Let us see what the judges have to say

Goh:You gave the highest price which I deem "I'll be the carrot to be hitted"if that holds true

Simliangyi:Similar high score given which many here would view:I'll be carrotised!

The Matrix:The lowest given! thinking.gif Many would be baffled by the price quoted.......Probably we wouldn't get the location of LFS that sell similar quality at his price rusure.gif

As for Desireless,I sense a sympathetic vote and you are right that different places command different prices even on similar quality fish.As long as buyer is satisfied and comfortable with the price range,I think we are on the right track.You are quite close in this exercise bigwink.gif

Now for cp:Guess that in your eyes I still cannot shed that cheapo image and how accurate you are once again.You are closes of the lot.

Initially the fish was quoted with a $25.00 tag and I secure the purchase at $23.00

So well done cp good_very.gif good_very.gif good_very.gif

Do you think it is good idea to have this kind of exercise??????

Oooops I missed you out fish man................. beg2.gif A thousand apologies
The Matrix
i got mine from qianhu leh ... cheap cheap fish mah.
top_view_ranchu
Aiya Doc,
I thought $2! Than you can be VERY VERY proud about it, and keep mentioning OVER & OVER again!

It's me,
DAVID HOU
The Matrix
groom swee swee maybe can be champion then can start a club liao.
goldrush
But wait first I must cross this with that to get that and this...........fry fry fry blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 01 Aug 2006 2:51 pm) *

But wait first I must cross this with that to get that and this...........fry fry fry blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

And then? thinking.gif Give free, push here push there and become club president liao? happydance1.gif
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:30 am) *

Goh:You gave the highest price which I deem "I'll be the carrot to be hitted"if that holds true

blush.gif I got the highest bid, means you can resell at this price with some handsome profit. Some "Roberto" will buy from you (but not me) laugh.gif
gohks
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 01 Aug 2006 2:51 pm) *

Dr,
People use hand spawn, wonder what method you going to use, AI or test-tube tongue.gif
The Matrix
wah seh ... where u keep yr blackie .. so charcoal black. change water everyday, lots of sunlight and suck out the dirt har ? must be keeping in tip top water condition. woooohhh ...
goldrush
no water change leh, can feed as much as you wish,no need to TOH SAI.........

inside the koi pond showoff.gif
CyberET
wah liew, what happen to the black orlanda dorsal fin, looks like my brother's hair when he gels it.
CP
Now orandas are not known to be expensive in the first place.A far cry from what ranchus can fetch.

Anything over a hundred bucks can net you a very good oranda.
goldrush
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:54 pm) *

wah liew, what happen to the black orlanda dorsal fin, looks like my brother's hair when he gels it.

Latest Olang eh mohawk hairdo
LASERGUY
Doc,
After viewing the video, think there is a kink on this side of its tail.....
$23 is a bit ex, <$15 more reasonable.....
goldrush
wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Amazing?????

From $150 ipo to $15 and no more upon listing.............. broken_heart.gif broken_heart.gif broken_heart.gif

CEO with an expired COE resign!!!!!!!
goldrush
Interestingly to the perfectionist, there is strictly no accommodation for any imperfections allowed in their overall appreciation. I tend to look at a fish for its merits rather than its flaws and of course weigh them against the cost to come to a reasonable conclusion as to pay for that particular fish. Certainly this fish is in no way competitive standards, so I do not perceive it as one and so I do not like to pay for it as one either.
Good fish are never cheap and cheap fish are not necessary no good fish but the price again is very subjective and relative in nature.So long as the price is within reasonable and comfortable range to a given individual, the rest is up to the individual whether he can accommodate the merits or demerits of the fish in question.

So does paying $23 for this fish make me a Chye Tau????? thinking.gif

Maybe a sway sway one lah(in Matrix and Laserguy’s eyes) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

kekekeke
The Matrix
huh ?? Not competition standard ??? U got a pretty nice piece leh.

Well ... maybe I very biased to chinese fish ... I will pay $23 for a china fish than a thai fish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.