Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Green Grass Called Home
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
goldrush
I am sure most of you know that I am no green water enthusiast when goldfish keeping is concerned.But my innate inquisition compelled me to experiment on my very first outdoor setup with green water cultivation .Initially I had to struggle to achieve an acceptable green as measured against the colormetric chart provided by HB . With a little bit of patience and lots of trials and errors I was soon able to control and maintain within an acceptable range.Barely two weeks into my pioneer enterprise, I could hardly wait to show all some of the amazing results which hitherto I had remain sceptical of its effect on goldfish keeping.What you are seeing are some strong improvement in bulk,structure,depth ,hood growth and coloration in 3 of my 4 fishes featured.Now this experiment was conducted purely without biased or any prior influences and the results shown are genuine without any alteration. Neither are they photographically enhanced.I leave it up for the fish to do the talking and for all to make your own respective conclusions

……………….Down the road I look and there runs Matrix, hands of gold(fish) with (colour)red like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green water called home………..

Sung to the song green green grass of home.(Tom Jones)

All these are cheapo fish

The 2 extreme fish cost a mere $15 each

and the centre one cost only $12.50

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
CP
Cant tell much leh. rusure.gif

If you can have the 'before' and 'after' pics will be better.

OK.Keep these pics.Then compare them again 2 weeks later.The colours of their pectoral fins and tails should improve further.
goldrush
ok first fish is this fish here

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=44522

centre fish is this one...Sorry no topview of it

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=44865

third fish is this fish

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=44511
aronkhj
Hey doc... looks really wonderful. I used green water here in CN for several mths but recently stopped coz my fish seem to be dying suddenly. i conclude that due to the change into summer conditions, there are probably too much bacteria blooming and that's wat killing my fish. so i'm concluding that have to really control the conditions with green water too.
in short, when keeping fish in green water... have to provide for alot of water space per fish. some how affects it.

cheers!
CyberET
QUOTE(aronkhj @ Fri, 04 Aug 2006 9:34 am) *

Hey doc... looks really wonderful. I used green water here in CN for several mths but recently stopped coz my fish seem to be dying suddenly. i conclude that due to the change into summer conditions, there are probably too much bacteria blooming and that's wat killing my fish. so i'm concluding that have to really control the conditions with green water too.
in short, when keeping fish in green water... have to provide for alot of water space per fish. some how affects it.

cheers!

dying suddenly? is there a pattern?

so with your conclusion, what kinda conditions do you have to control with green water?

how much water space per fish is alot?

smile.gif
goldrush
Ok let me tell you a brief history of the fish featured.The first two fish are relatively not new.The last one together with another yellow gold were purchased on 8/07/06 and pic of the fish shown in this forum were taken on 11/07/06.Now please factor another 10 days(quarantine in clear water) into the day of purchase and that will mean these two fishes together with the two older ones were introduced in green water on 17/07/06.14 days later the fish are taken withTV profile(as above)And this morning I share with you their side profiles.

Before green water
goldrush
After approximately 14 days

sick.gif sick.gif sick.gif

Needs further training.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
QUOTE(CyberET @ Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:01 am) *

dying suddenly? is there a pattern?

so with your conclusion, what kinda conditions do you have to control with green water?

how much water space per fish is alot?

smile.gif

Ahem ... bash.gif
chochiss
the before pic so dim wan......after pic so brightly lit.....
goldrush
QUOTE(chochiss @ Fri, 04 Aug 2006 2:07 pm) *

the before pic so dim wan......after pic so brightly lit.....

Fren

The before is taken under quarantine and an indoor setup
The after is taken with the morning sun on them
Hence the different in lighting
WorldDelight
Do you change water like say every 1-2 days?
goldrush
QUOTE(WorldDelight @ Wed, 25 Oct 2006 7:20 pm) *

Do you change water like say every 1-2 days?

5-7 days depend on the intensity of the green water
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.