Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silicon Thumb Print
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
HappyBuddha
I bought a new tank. The build quality is good but the maker left a silicon thumb print right in the middle of the front glass wall (external.)

Does any one knows how I can remove the silicon safely without scratching the glass?

Thanks.
LASERGUY
Wow, shiok.gif new tank.... increasing your collection ?
Can use the blade of a pen knife, place it flat against the glass to scrap off the silicon.
Remeber must be flat against the glass to prevent scratches hor...
mountain
can also try "abraso" <-- dunno the actual name.
its a tube size like toothpaste size, silver black cover, we used this whitish cream to polish all sorts of metallic objects

i used this on my tiles to remove cement stains that even the contractor acid couldn't remove .. advice u to try on old tank bef4 u go ahead.
void
you are talking glass tank, not acrylic glass tank, rite? then just use a penknife to gently scrap the silicon... should be fine... yes.gif
jhansolo
I’ve used a pen knife before, so it works well. Only do note that do use a new break or even better a new blade.
mountain
bro HB, how abt asking for a cartoon sticker from your grand daughter ...
she would love to have a share on the tank i think... wink.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Tue 10 Feb 2004 09:55 AM)
Wow,  shiok.gif new tank.... increasing your collection ?
Can use the blade of a pen knife, place it flat against the glass to scrap off the silicon.
Remeber must be flat against the glass to prevent scratches hor...

Thanks everyone especially laserguy.

The flatten blade of a pen knife works like magic!

In fact, it was easy requiring little effort and leaves no marking! I am truly amazed!! I tried scrapping them off with a coin, my finger-tip, the tip of a pen knife etc but they don't work.

Thanks for the tip (pun intended)!

Kekeke. I got fed-up of constantly changing the water of my 2 feet display tank in the room. So I up-size it to a 4 ft but I don't intend to over-stock it or I'll be back to square one. biggrin.gif

Goosh! I should have asked yesterday when the tank was still empty; there are prints on the internal glass walls too which I can't remove now. Argh!

QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 10 Feb 2004 10:52 AM)
can also try "abraso" <-- dunno the actual name.
its a tube size like toothpaste size, silver black cover, we used this whitish cream to polish all sorts of metallic objects

i used this on my tiles to remove cement stains that even the contractor acid couldn't remove .. advice u to try on old tank bef4 u go ahead.

Hey buddy, you can safely remove your IOS leow; laser's method works very well!
LASERGUY
This method can used for internal side also, even the tank is fill up with water.
mountain
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 10 Feb 2004 01:33 PM)
Hey buddy, you can safely remove your IOS leow; laser's method works very well!

cannot.. how to temporary house the occupants?? plastics bags?? laugh.gif
CyberET
pails and airstone bubbling tongue.gif thats what i do at least for a few hours, hehe.. if need to house longer, i'll use more pails biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.