Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Sale For Green And Gold
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
white horse T1
Green & Gold

guys

check out the latest batch. find it quite exp unsure.gif though.
HappyBuddha
Wow leow... gave me a shock when I looked at the pics. They look huge compared to mine....

A quick tour I find most are very nice, although I like the following one best!

IPB Image

The premium prices to me are okay. As far as I know, these are well-taken care of since young!

I'd suggest anyone interested go grab one yourself. It's better to have a quality ranchu then a bunch of junks. biggrin.gif
CyberET.
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 11:44 AM)
Wow leow... gave me a shock when I looked at the pics.  They look huge compared to mine....

The premium prices to me are okay.  As far as I know, these are well-taken care of since young! 

I'd suggest anyone interested go grab one yourself.  It's better to have a quality ranchu then a bunch of junks.  biggrin.gif

hehe.. yeah.. but i like this piece the best

IPB Image
mountain
i ordered 2 .. really hope i can get them ..

IPB Image #75

IPB Image #66
white horse T1
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 11:44 AM)
Wow leow... gave me a shock when I looked at the pics.  They look huge compared to mine....

IPB Image

The premium prices to me are okay.  As far as I know, these are well-taken care of since young! 

I'd suggest anyone interested go grab one yourself.  It's better to have a quality ranchu then a bunch of junks.  biggrin.gif

hei i like that the best too....
white horse T1
not too long ago, someone was trying to sell these china ones. for $20 each i think.

they are not too far off from the thai one i see here and their size are defintely bigger.

so conclusion is, thai side view may be good but china ones are catching up fast and look good too with nice cheeks

IPB Image
LASERGUY
Anybody bought those? Is it the guy from af.com who has an avatar bearing Andy bogard doing a special power?
CyberET.
hehe.. who bought 52, 56, 72? biggrin.gif
CyberET
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 14:51 PM)
i ordered 2 .. really hope i can get them ..

looks like u've got em biggrin.gif
dennis
This range from GnG also quite small ain't they? 121 days only so they should be no more than 2 inches ?
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 00:49 AM)
This range from GnG also quite small ain't they? 121 days only so they should be no more than 2 inches ?

judging from the $1 coin, they should at least be 8cm? thats about 3inch
dennis
If they're 3" then I think it's still reasonable okay @ $35 each
mountain
how did yur take delivery last time yur ordered from GnG??
pick up where?? (ViSa?MasterCard? biggrin.gif)
CyberET
QUOTE(mountain @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 08:44 AM)
pick up where?? (ViSa?MasterCard?  biggrin.gif)

haha.. i think handsome picked his up at Chua Chu Kang MRT station.. should be cash i guess biggrin.gif
dennis
QUOTE(mountain @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 08:44 AM)
pick up where?? (ViSa?MasterCard?  biggrin.gif)

I pick up my ranchu from from Wee Yap near CCK MRT and paid him cash ( Cash On Collection = COC ) biggrin.gif
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 13:52 PM)
I pick up my ranchu from from Wee Yap near CCK MRT and paid him cash ( Cash On Collection = COC ) biggrin.gif

hehe.. bought anymore this time? tongue.gif
mountain
biggrin.gif i was joking abt the ViSa??MastErCard?? question ...
Tampines to CCK and CCK back to Tampines ..siong..but i hope my orders can be confirmed... this is so exciting.. may not be topoftheline but knowing the source makes buying the ranchu exciting...
CyberET
QUOTE(mountain @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 14:12 PM)
Tampines to CCK and CCK back to Tampines ..siong..but i hope my orders can be confirmed... this is so exciting.. may not be topoftheline but knowing the source makes buying the ranchu exciting...

eh? not confirmed yet ah? i see the site stated as sold liaoz ohmy.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(mountain @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 14:12 PM)

that's what i call passion. maybe can even dump a few questions to find out more other than just pay and go right ? at least worth the trip lah.
Dark
Hi,

I bought mine #71. Who bought 80# and 64# ??? smile.gif

Nice day

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 09:37 AM)
haha.. i think handsome picked his up at Chua Chu Kang MRT station.. should be cash i guess biggrin.gif

No lah, allan went to pick up from wee yap and I think it was indeed the CCK MRT station. I remember he said he was the 1st to be there that day and when he left many people came by too. Lot's of ranchu fanatics who know good ranchus from bad! biggrin.gif
mountain
wink.gif keke.. checked my yahoo email .. finally.. they are reserved for me .. yeh yeh ..
sheringam
maybe after this sale, there will be another sale selling 180 days ranchus. i'm waiting for that. so fast in just one day almost all sold.
LASERGUY
When I visited GNG this morning, 60% sold already. Only one out of my initial selection turned out to be available. Go thru the remaining, manage to place order for these.

IPB Image
square_guy
i got #65, am looking for a mainly white 1.

laser, so u r the one who got 54! i was told it was taken before me ohmy.gif
CyberET
hehehe.. who else bought? quick quick, own up biggrin.gif
dennis
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 14:03 PM)
hehe.. bought anymore this time? tongue.gif

No lah, dare not already ..... full house. Though hand very itchy. ;)
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 00:35 AM)
No lah, dare not already ..... full house. Though hand very itchy. ;)

haha.. how r your current fishes doing? smile.gif
dennis
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 00:48 AM)
haha.. how r your current fishes doing? smile.gif

Okay, but their colour has really faded sad.gif
CyberET
QUOTE(dennis @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 00:56 AM)
Okay, but their colour has really faded sad.gif

hehehe.. ;)
YLD
Hi Bro HB and all Bro,

Finally found u guys.

I wanted to buy the ranchu from GNG but already lack of tank space, Anyway i just bought a Ranchu from QH last week. Will try to post some picture next week if i could get hold of a DC.

Regards
mountain
i am picking my up tonite.. good_very.gif
hope to see some of yur there hug.gif
LASERGUY
Just picked up mine also this evening.
Other than minor fin rot which should recover in a week or so, mine looks healthy and well-fed. Will post pictures later.
mountain
this is the second morning since i got them liao.. peace.gif
they are eating .. but.. seems behaving still a bit sian sian .. sad.gif
LASERGUY
Perhaps they are used to the green water since they are raised that way from young. For mine, they are very active only when tank's light are off but the moment I turned on the light, they will just simple sink to the bottom. Will need a few days for them to accustom to the new environment lor......
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(YLD @ Thu 27 Nov 2003 10:21 AM)
Hi Bro HB and all Bro,

Finally found u guys.

I wanted to buy the ranchu from GNG but already lack of tank space, Anyway i just bought a Ranchu from QH last week. Will try to post some picture next week if i could get hold of a DC.

Regards

Welcome back! hi.gif

I was at QH last weekend too for a short visit. Quick, go buy a DC asap; we love to see pics!
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 29 Nov 2003 08:41 AM)
this is the second morning since i got them liao..  peace.gif
they are eating .. but.. seems behaving still a bit sian sian .. sad.gif

Yours too? Fatallan just called me up and said the same thing.

He kept his in a clear water tank by itself. Beside being sian sian while it was actively swimming around yesterday, it also developed some red patches on the left-side of its body.

That's a fresh new clear water tank. So... he's asking me what could went wrong that he fish seemingly is infected now.

I'll be dropping by his place today to take a look. Meanwhile.... salt! smile.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Sat 29 Nov 2003 09:25 AM)
Perhaps they are used to the green water since they are raised that way from young. For mine, they are very active only when tank's light are off but the moment I turned on the light, they will just simple sink to the bottom. Will need a few days for them to accustom to the new environment lor......

But fatallan said his ranchus was very active yesterday in clear water. He said he has NEVER seen any of his fishes bought from LFS so active and happy, and was terribly impressed!

Then this morning it went sian sian.

If your fish seems stressed when you turn on the light, doesn't it imply they are now weaken by the change in environment? Careful man... sad.gif

I should have asked allan to test the pH of the water in the plastic bag. If the fishes were kept in green water, how did Wee Yap pack them up in clear water (with a vastly different pH)?? Were the fishes accustomed to clear water days before delivery? unsure.gif
mountain
this is good .. good good.. come .. everyone who buy come together share wat difficulties our babies are facing..

obviously, our <150days old babies (as big as my a few month liao other fish)
grew up in green water since the day they hatched.. now we placed them in filtered water..
they obviously mad.gif making face at me .. one of them got 2 tiny white patches on its tail, i hope they are just stress marks. I also have problem with the lights but abit opposite tongue.gif they dart ard instead of staying put ..

i did half a water change yesterday from a 1 day old water and raised the PH to 8 last night.. salt was added the first time, just a mild amount. .. but i dun think i will add again since nothing visible is wrong yet..

diet wise.. alamak .. headache.. they grow up with live worms when baby and fbw after they are old enuff .. they are not eating my floating tetraGold mad.gif totally ignore ... FBW they munched away 2 cubes last nite (slowly). this morning i feed them Hikari pellets.. wink.gif munched away ..
LASERGUY
Mine were okay this morning at 7:30am before I left for work leh, still active w/o the light. Will check again this evening after work.
My advice is try not to feed for a couple of days to keep the ammonia level low since it's a new tank.

Just curious, how were your fishes being released into the tank ?
What I did was, release the bag of fishes + water into a pail first. For every 10 miniutes interval, add in a scoop of treated fresh water. After an hour, discard the water in the pail and release only the fishes into the quarantine tank. I reckon this will help them accustom to the fresh water easier.
This is what I normally do for fishes directly buy from farm.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Sat 29 Nov 2003 12:24 PM)
Just curious, how were your fishes being released into the tank ?
What I did was, release the bag of fishes + water into a pail first. For every 10 miniutes interval, add in a scoop of treated fresh water. After an hour, discard the water in the pail and release only the fishes into the quarantine tank. I reckon this will help them accustom to the fresh water easier.
This is what I normally do for fishes directly buy from farm.

Your fish assimilation method is somewhat difference from mine... which is based on an article in this link.

What I do is float the bag and slowly scoope new water into it. Carefully maintaining the floatation, I gradually add more and more until about an hour later, the whole bag could no longer float and sinks together with all the old water into the tank.

What I have observed is the fish may not swim out of the bag immediately, but when it does, it is well assimilated.

I figured although the old water is in the tank, it should be okay since... ermm... the fish was in those infested water for ages already. Beside, I would be changing the water every so often for the QT tank anyway. I just wanna make sure the fish is not further stress due to difference in water quality.
mountain
good.gif both you Bro Laser and Bro HB methods are correct salute.gif. Mine was wrong.

it was already late into the night. the 3 poor duds have been inside the bag for so long.. its seems like i bought a bag of ranchu poos rather then ranchu shiok.gif

i just reconcile the temperature by placing the bag in the tank.. half an hour later buay tahan take them out place into the tank liao. so ... no need to say too much wat happened after tat sad.gif

actually, i think worrie too much.. commercial bought off the shelf ranchus include pre-quarentine time + packing + first class air travel + distributor transfer + lfs quarentine + .... but GnG is straight off his tank to us .. hehe... happydance1.gif

anyway, just finished drool.gif at the babies .. keke.. one of them wacked of 8 pellets within 1 min .. leaving 2 pellets for 2 housemates ..

i better follow bro laser advice to feed less..

go play with yur old duds Mountain!! oranda.gif
square_guy
just got to know that the GnG current batch of ranchus are raise in green water at a ratio of 1 fish to 100L... no wonder they are huge good.gif

mine was active in clear water.
Inxs
Recently, I saw similar fish were sold in one of the hougang LFS. Unfortunately , don't know who burger is it that order the whole tank of 20 plus fishes. Hate him so much. ;) Sticker show all sold.
CyberET
QUOTE(WongDanny @ Sun 30 Nov 2003 21:09 PM)
Recently, I saw similar fish were sold in one of the hougang LFS. Unfortunately , don't know who burger is it that order the whole tank of 20 plus fishes.  Hate him so much. ;)  Sticker show all sold.

hehehe.. u never track him down and shoot him?

doh.. i haven't pick up my fish yet blush.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(WongDanny @ Sun 30 Nov 2003 21:09 PM)
Recently, I saw similar fish were sold in one of the hougang LFS. Unfortunately , don't know who burger is it that order the whole tank of 20 plus fishes.  Hate him so much. ;)  Sticker show all sold.

Sure or not?

Scarly that person is Wee Yap... then how?

biggrin.gif

I'm JOKING!
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 29 Nov 2003 17:22 PM)
actually, i think worrie too much.. commercial bought off the shelf ranchus include pre-quarentine time + packing + first class air travel + distributor transfer + lfs quarentine + .... but GnG is straight off his tank to us .. hehe...  happydance1.gif

Kekeke. I think you worry too much too... except I should point out that your 3 jumbos did not came from Wee Yap's tank but his green water pond wor. So... there's a change in environment but luckily no problem.
LASERGUY
Mine are okay since last Friday evening, fin rot recovering.
Feeding with medicated food twice a day. Extremely active and also already get used to the light. biggrin.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon 01 Dec 2003 12:22 PM)
Mine are okay since last Friday evening, fin rot recovering.
Feeding with medicated food twice a day. Extremely active and also already get used to the light.  biggrin.gif

not fin rot lah. O2 burn, likely due to the green water. Should recover pretty fast in clean environment. If fin rot hor, it will continue to rot inward without medication thru'out the recovering period.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(demekin @ Mon 01 Dec 2003 12:48 PM)
not fin rot lah. O2 burn, likely due to the green water. Should recover pretty fast in clean environment. If fin rot hor, it will continue to rot inward without medication thru'out the recovering period.

Erm... if it's really just oxygen burn, then feeding it medicated food is probably a wrong thing to do!? Sure hope bro laser has stopped doing so.

Bro Laser, can you look closely at the affected fins and maybe snap a couple of pics for us? It won't be easy to shoot up-closed though. I've been quite curious how oxygen burn looks like. Thanks. kissme.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.