Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Shock!
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
void
whenever my fingers have open wounds and I put my hand inside the aquarium, I feel electric shock!! ohmy.gif Will this affect the goldfishes also? Will they feel the electric shock too?? unsure.gif
CyberET
hmmm... static? maybe grounding the tank will help..
jhansolo
Dear bro,

never let an open wound go in contact with the tank water. You can get into serious infection.

You can catch all sorts of stuff from your open wound. On top of that, you might pass other stuff into the tank with your open wound.

I remember seeing someone in the sgreefclub have his finger swell up to quite a size.

Please take care, if you must put your hand into the water use glove.

I seriously would advise against ground your tank.

Cheers
void
hehehe... how to ground the tank ah?? me very bad at electrical stuff... tongue.gif
jhansolo
I will again advise against grounding your tank and I don't think it is just static. Do you get a jerk shock or a jab shock or it is just local as in the part with the wound? If you put another hand without the open wound will you get the shock?

Cheers
Allan
QUOTE(void @ Wed 11 Feb 2004 10:21 PM)
whenever my fingers have open wounds and I put my hand inside the aquarium, I feel electric shock!!  ohmy.gif  Will this affect the goldfishes also? Will they feel the electric shock too??  unsure.gif

Do you also feel a shock with your good hand, ie, the one without any open wound?

curious.
void
the one without any open wound no problem... so problem lies with my open wound?? tongue.gif
CyberET
if i'm not wrong. your blood contains something i forgotten what.. which makes your blood slightly more conductive than your skin tongue.gif
void
found the problem... i suspect its the multiple sockets 's fault... becos if i put my open wound hand in another tank it's ok.... and after i changed the multiple sockets, no more electric shock... tongue.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat 14 Feb 2004 10:02 AM)
if i'm not wrong. your blood contains something i forgotten what.. which makes your blood slightly more conductive than your skin tongue.gif

Iron.....
void
hmmm... weeks ago.. i lost two of my ryukins on different occasions but at the same tank... they died misteriously... no sign of diseases or any discomfort... suddenly they died... could it be they were eletricuted? but some other ryukins who are in the same tank are ok leh... ?!?!? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.