Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jelly Top Oranda
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Hey let's talk goldfish again.How about this unique oranda.I call him Dirty Jelly because of its untidy speckled look on its jelly top.I bought him for its good body and finnage and of course its active and inquisitive posture.However its color and lustre is relatively weak.The "tie bao jin effect" is rather non contrasting.Could any kind bros who had experienced in keeping such dual color fish(esp black and red fish)help me improve on its coloration or am I resign to its poor discoloration forever cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Here are some pics to help you to help me solve my plight

IPB Image

Any 4-D or Toto numbers you can pick up from its jelly head thinking.gif

IPB Image

And this short video shows why I bought him despite its weakness in color

Your eversharing

goldrush yes.gif
The Matrix
I see a number 24 ...

why not try outdoor like the black ranchu experiment ?

erh ... can I say something nasty ? fish out of balance.
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:31 pm) *

I see a number 24 ...

why not try outdoor like the black ranchu experiment ?

erh ... can I say something nasty ? fish out of balance.

laugh.gif hahaha point taken. now that's not nasty I guess you mean...eh TAN TAU KIN(hokkien means head heavier than body)

peace.gif
Kinder
agree do keep it outdoor....should even get brighter (colour).

Though i have a question....i have noticed this kind of tri-colour more fancier orandas seem to have a longer body, when compared to a standared oranda less fancier (e.g Lionhead oranda) their bodies seem to have more depth than lenght. why so?

On a personal note....i seem to perfer orandas with short & deeper bodies (e.g the chinese red/white oranda you shared with us before). But same time i'am not trying to take anything away from this fish...its a beautiful fish and would like to see further updates on it. Oh...how big it is?

cheers
good_very.gif
goldrush
Hi kinder

Thxs for your compliment.This guy is about 6 inch long
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.