Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oranda-san
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
A toothbrush moustache, also known as a Hitler moustache or a Chaplin, is a bushy moustache shaved except for three to five centimetres in the centre
This moustache is most famous for having been worn by film star Charlie Chaplin and later by dictator Adolf Hitler.
In China a trimmer version of this moustache is stereotypical of Japanese people, especially of Japanese soldiers.

With the above introduction may I present Oranda-san,another dual colored oranda with light black finnage in its golden yellow body.This is a shorter bodied version(much preferred by Kinder)with a high headgrowth and excellent finnage.Again the color is much to be desired and was wondering how to maintain its unique pattern (especially the snout!)for long.

So would you prefer to call him Chaplin,Hitler or simply any Japanese soldier??????

Side profile

IPB Image

Full view of its moustacho blush.gif

IPB Image

And a short video clip to show its overall beauty

Another OR-LANG-DA for your enjoyment

goldrush
Rooney10
where do you get these type of orange/white orandas with shades of black fins and tails? I saw some at Mainland a mth ago but its gone now. How much did u get this from and where? Thanks for sharing btw. Looks cute.
blfresh
Definitely not Hitler! shiok.gif He's too cute for that! Very nice fish.
goldrush
QUOTE(Rooney10 @ Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:19 am) *

where do you get these type of orange/white orandas with shades of black fins and tails? I saw some at Mainland a mth ago but its gone now. How much did u get this from and where? Thanks for sharing btw. Looks cute.

Dear Rooney

If you have followed Goldrush thread,there is one post which I made to all my favorite haunts.These are from one of these outlets.I can never say if any of these LFS carry consistently the same quality fish.Often it is Now you see it......Now you don't.

Here is the thread

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4052
goldrush
Hey before the Matrix can numeratically highlight this as my number 25,I better sing him a song………………….

“Boy I missed your fishes ,all the time this is
My 25 fishes to date.
Though you travel so far boy I’m sorry you are
Not more than 2 fishes to date……………”

Sung to the chorus of 25 minutes by Michael Learns to Rock

Actually I do not even know the exact number of fishes I have…wonder how the matrix knows………… thinking.gif
Kinder
Indeed much prefered by Kinder salute.gif ....but on second thoughts i seem to enjoy both Oranda-san & Dirty Jelly equally irrespective of thier body structure. And after a closer study....it seems goldfishes like Mr. Dirty Jelly could do with longer body...coz they have tri-colour patterns on their body and those patterns probably come out better on longer bodies rather than short..... smart.gif

Its a pitty not all have access to decent fishes, but on the other hand i admire your fishes (and the rest) & take refuge in it. I also appriciate the fact people sharing pic/clips of their fishes.

ooh i have a question.....do you ever run out of fish keeping space? (coz u seem to get new fishes often)

anyways g'luck with this one.

cheers
Kinder
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:34 pm) *

Hey before the Matrix can numeratically highlight this as my number 25,I better sing him a song………………….
“Boy I missed your fishes ,all the time this is
My 25 fishes to date.
Though you travel so far boy I’m sorry you are
Not more than 2 fishes to date……………”

Sung to the chorus of 25 minutes by Michael Learns to Rock
Actually I do not even know the exact number of fishes I have…wonder how the matrix knows………… thinking.gif

HUH ???? hahahaha u blur i blur now.

anyway, erh ... both oranda still a long way from Ranchu Lover's winning junior winners (* color not in consideration).
goldrush
Paiseh,paiseh didn't realise you were referring to the number on the jelly head of the oranda..... thinking.gif thinking.gif(and not the number of fish I possess) I guess there is a very big draw on Friday (moon cake festival)that every locals are eyeing on.

24,.....still got x,x,x,x,x to go leh smile.gif)
SSJChar
there is an oranda at my local lfs that has a moustache just like that, but abit closer to the lips. with the pouty face of fancy goldfish, they remind me alot of hitler, and i always call the moustached oranda at the lfs hitler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.