Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goofy's New Setup
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
goofy1984
My new setup supported by 2 atman cannisters and a jebo 9w uvc. Hopefully no green water appears.

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
Nice setup. Seems a little over-stocked though. How many litres of water?

The UVC plus the plants will be an effective green water inhibiting setup.
goofy1984
its 500 litres, 6ft by 3ft by 1ft....been up for abt a week already....so far ryukins seems ok.
goldrush
It takes several weeks to kick in,so monitor parameters closely and do not overfeed ,neither add new stock.This is vulnerable period of adjustments for fishes ,BB,water etc.So be prudent.you may need to change water periodically more often during this time to eliminate any ammonia,nitrites which your initial nest may not be enough to process.Try seeding with BB through propriety products or obtain from established setup.Good luck good_very.gif

goldrush
The Matrix
I always puzzle over this type of setup ...

How to appreciate the fish when the water surface ripple so much ?

Anyway, pretty cool setup.
goofy1984
well, you can actually still see the fishes...though the camera caught the ripples of the water. The tub contains 500 litres of water and i'm using a 9w uvc, but brown algae appears on the bottom and sides of the tub. is the uvc insufficient? can anyone please advise?
CyberET
uvc process the water.. not the whole enviroment wor..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.