Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Keep Side View Ranchu And Ryukin In 30 Inch Depth Tank?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Chinmo
hi guys! possible to keep SV ranchus and ryukins in 30 inch depth tank? any side effect? blink.gif
d_golem
That's less than 1 metre deep, that's not deep at all. Shouldn't be any problems.
white horse T1
Ryukin is more aggressive.

yr slower ranchu will lose out on food snatching and if it is smaller , u may lose an eye or 2.

if u are prepare for the outcome, i don't see why not.
Charles Lam
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Wed, 11 Oct 2006 8:13 am) *

Ryukin is more aggressive.

yr slower ranchu will lose out on food snatching and if it is smaller , u may lose an eye or 2.

if u are prepare for the outcome, i don't see why not.

I support your message cos I had 5 ranchu kept in outdoor pond with Ryukin, all losing one eye. These five ranchu has since been culled. Therefore not advisable to keep ryukin with ranchu.
The Matrix
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:26 pm) *

hi guys! possible to keep SV ranchus and ryukins in 30 inch depth tank? any side effect? blink.gif

yr ranchu must be bigger than the ryukin in term of body size. if not dun ever mix. both fish are different speed eater. Yr ranchu will not get enough food to eat.
Chinmo
blink.gif whoa! think i better not keep ryukin..... i still love ranchu more.... good_very.gif

regarding the depth of tank..... will ranchu develop health problems due to the depth? or is safe or okie to keep in depth of 30inches? blink.gif
scorpio168
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:26 pm) *

Last time, I kept a 30 cent ryukin in my 6ft deep pond... It grow very fast and huge...
No problem at all...
Kinder
WOW!

6ft deep pond...............you can put me in there too shiok.gif
scorpio168
QUOTE(Kinder @ Fri, 03 Nov 2006 2:32 pm) *

WOW!

6ft deep pond...............you can put me in there too shiok.gif

Haha, that is actually my koi pond... yes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.