Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Baby Long-tails Ryukin Pair
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
HappyBuddha
It's okay to dream.

I had so much fun watching my thumb-sized ranchus grew up, I've been wanting to re-live the experience with a new batch. This time, however, Allan bought me a pair of Ryukins from that LFS near Kovan.

They're 1 1/2 inch in body length. Intensely red (let's hope it remains so) and impressively healthy looking.

They're in a bare 2 feet tank with just 6 inches of water (about 30 litres) and 2 little sponge filters. A heater keeps the water temp from falling below 27°C at night in the air-conditioned room.

I feed them non-stop with chroma. They're still NOT eating frozen bloodworms I threw in. I'm still contemplating if feeding live bloodworms is worth the risks and troubles.

Daily 80% water change. tongue.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Watch out; Ryukin competitors - buddha wants to play. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
void
YEAH!!! LONG LIVE RYUKINS!!! peace.gif

is there anyway to pump ryukin's hump? hmmm... unsure.gif
Hamad
QUOTE(void @ Sun 15 Feb 2004 10:54 AM)
YEAH!!! LONG LIVE RYUKINS!!!  peace.gif

is there anyway to pump ryukin's hump? hmmm...  unsure.gif

Oh I'm also wondering if there's any special diet that helps develop their hump and body shape to the fullest?
Seacucumber
QUOTE(void @ Sun 15 Feb 2004 02:54 PM)

maybe a regular gym session and amino acids supplements will ???

hehehe....paiseh.....joking...
i think the hump is genetic....

btw, buddha...the red is really intense!
update us regularly on their progress!
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Sun 15 Feb 2004 02:54 PM)

QUOTE(Hamad @ Sun 15 Feb 2004 07:36 PM)
QUOTE(void @ Sun 15 Feb 2004 10:54 AM)

Oh I'm also wondering if there's any special diet that helps develop their hump and body shape to the fullest?

How I wish I have an answer but unfortunately I have never come across any articles on the subject of enlarging the hump. Based on my limited knowledge on Ryukin, the hump is genetically determined. I can pretty accurately select a Ryukin with potential for a good hump. Unfortunately, I can not tell that when the Ryukins are as small as those I have now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope these will have potential. Meanwhile I want to make sure the Ryukin will not be fat but muscular instead.

Hikari Lionhead is good for headgrowth. Would feeding it to my Ryukins give them a wen? smile.gif Maybe I should try Hikari Wheat Gem which has a beautiful Ryukin printed on its packaging? tongue.gif
HappyBuddha
4 days later...

Quite cute hor? tongue.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.