Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Female Goldfishes Mating
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
loneteelay
Hi Bro & Sis,

This morning i saw a few eggs in my small 1.5' tank which held 3 small ranchus (or lionhead+ranchu? blink.gif ) (not high quaility hmm.gif )(Head to Tail 3" is the biggest one). Those are what i think is all females. Last few days, I realize that those 2 bigger gfs bully the smallest one and keep following. rusure.gif

This morning i saw some egg are transparent (but no black dot in middle) and some white egg. No male fish how to fertilise? thinking.gif Now they eating the eggs. mad.gif

I'm not sure about sexing coz i thought they are still young. I think them all female coz their anal vent are protruding and the pectoral fins also don't have white tubercles. hmm.gif and i tried catch them and i give small pressure on their belly (no egg or malt come out) and tried to pull their anal fin (also nothing happen). Why like that?

1. So is it possible to have lesbian gfs? hysterical.gif
2. How to save eggs from being eaten by adult gfs? thinking.gif
3. Do i need to change water after they spawn? blink.gif (yesterday i just did partial water change though)

Thx and help me! beg2.gif
loneteelay

IPB Image
The victim
CyberET
1. So is it possible to have lesbian gfs?
na, chasing for some nice eggs to eat

2. How to save eggs from being eaten by adult gfs?
seperate them immediately, or have a net below to let the eggs drop thru

3. Do i need to change water after they spawn? (yesterday i just did partial water change though)
yes, change water as spawning dirties the water very fast
bekko
I think that one with the most white on it's belly is a male.

If the eggs were fertile they would be hatching by now. Females can spawn without a male present, but the eggs will turn white overnight because they are not fertilized.

Young fish can spawn if they have been kept at very warm temperature. It is not the age, but the number of degree-days they have experienced that determines when they mature.

If you want to keep the eggs, give them something to spawn on and then remove the spawning mop before they can eat them. Can use anything "stringy" like yarn, plastic strips, or water hyacinth with roots.

-steve hop
loneteelay
QUOTE(bekko @ Wed, 25 Oct 2006 1:34 pm) *
I think that one with the most white on it's belly is a male.
Is it the smallest one the pic shown above? he/she is the one now chased by other two bigger fishes. They bully until sometime it can't eat properly. So 2 girls chasing a boy? sweatingbullets.gif

Young fish can spawn if they have been kept at very warm temperature. It is not the age, but the number of degree-days they have experienced that determines when they mature.
Ya, that should be true coz I don't use any chiller or fan coz bro complained me for too high PUB bill. mad.gif

If you want to keep the eggs, give them something to spawn on and then remove the spawning mop before they can eat them. Can use anything "stringy" like yarn, plastic strips, or water hyacinth with roots.
can they train like Angel or Discus to spawn on the tile? laugh.gif yarn, plastic strips, or water hyacinth with roots? How ah? Can you please guide me along? plz show me the pic how to do!

Thx bro steve!

QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:49 am) *
2. How to save eggs from being eaten by adult gfs?
seperate them immediately, or have a net below to let the eggs drop thru
If i use net (how about egg crate?), can the male fertalize the egg? I don't know when they will spawn, so do i need to put them 24/7. If do so, how to feed the fish as the food will also trap in the net. sweatingbullets.gif Thx for your input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.