Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Side View Ranchu Be Groom As Top View Ranchu?
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
jimcity
Has been sticking with Ranchu since young time happydance1.gif , all the while do not know that there are 2 types of ranchu blush.gif . Just wonder if I breed side view ranchu but select those long body, big tail baby, can they grow up to be TV Ranchu? thinking.gif
CP
There is just one ranchu, be it top view or side view.So it is technically wrong to say that you can groom one from one view to another.

Ranchus that are appreciated from the top,commonly called TVRs,can sometimes looks good from the side too.

But I have never come across a ranchu that is appreciated from the side,commonly called SVRs, which also looks good from the top.
jimcity
QUOTE(CP @ Fri, 10 Nov 2006 7:05 pm) *

There is just one ranchu, be it top view or side view.So it is technically wrong to say that you can groom one from one view to another.

Ranchus that are appreciated from the top,commonly called TVRs,can sometimes looks good from the side too.

But I have never come across a ranchu that is appreciated from the side,commonly called SVRs, which also looks good from the top.

If we breed TVR with SVR, will we get some SV baby and some TV baby thinking.gif ? Or maybe a Ranchu that is good in sv and tv.. laugh.gif Just my wild thinking nananana.gif
d_golem
QUOTE(jimcity @ Fri, 10 Nov 2006 8:27 pm) *

If we breed TVR with SVR, will we get some SV baby and some TV baby thinking.gif ? Or maybe a Ranchu that is good in sv and tv.. laugh.gif Just my wild thinking nananana.gif

A ranchu that's good in SV and TV can be achieved by TVR & TVR pairing, as CP already mentioned. Breeding TVR with SVR will almost certainly get good SV babies, but not good TVs.
jimcity
QUOTE(d_golem @ Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:44 pm) *

A ranchu that's good in SV and TV can be achieved by TVR & TVR pairing, as CP already mentioned. Breeding TVR with SVR will almost certainly get good SV babies, but not good TVs.

Thanks for the info, in this case can we say sv ranchu are 2nd grade compare to tv ranchu?
d_golem
QUOTE(jimcity @ Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:57 am) *

Thanks for the info, in this case can we say sv ranchu are 2nd grade compare to tv ranchu?

Of course not. SVR is SVR and TVR is TVR. U can't put the two together and grade them like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.