Guys,

This is the "Star" of the GoldFish event

1st in Ryukin Class

Grand Champion - Overall

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
Woah.. nice colour pattern. Does it belong to hobbyist or LFS?

Heard that a lot of large fishes were stressed during the event and didn't perform well

The champion black and red oranda also super nice... good_very.gif Too bad don't have pictures of it
The Matrix
Just return from the Malaysia aquafair ... got time then i put up some pic ...
but first must congrads to a winner here ... RanchuLover aka HN Lim won the 1st prize in Pearlscale with his tikus pingpong short tail pearl.

Also to some winners from Singapore ... one of them is the owner of the 1st prize red black oranda - Samgoldfish himself.

Ok, back to the grand champ, it was a TungHoi fish. Owned by a hobbyist. Massive body outstanding coloration.

It was a trip worth more than just seeing goldfish. Hobbyists and breeders from China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hongkong all gathered in the hall and I have a good time talking to them for a few days, some a rather short chat over dinner. Met several well established discus, betta and guppy hobbyist-breeders also made this trip worthwhile. Din really get a lot of sleep .... hahahaha.

Stress or not I could not comment in the forum. But it is a pity that HNLim tikus pearl died last night. But still won the battle.
goldrush
Stress.stress.stress!!!!

Aiyoh...my black should be grey by now mad.gif

But no news is good news.....that means it is still alive smile.gif)

looking forward for its return welcome.gif
The Matrix
black still okay lah ...

hmmm .... see photo cannot see how the other perform, see the live action will understand better. next time dun just send fish, send yourself to the battle ground.
goldrush
Hopefully no need to sing to this song(sung to the tune of Coward of the County)

"Goldrush open up the bag and saw his Blackie lyin
Torned fins and shattered look was more than he could stand
He reach above the fishtank and took down Blackie’s healthy picture
As tears fell on Blackie’s pic,he heard these words again

Promise me all not to do the things Ive done
Walk away from compe if you can
Now it won’t mean you are weak if you turn the other cheek
I hope you all old enough to understand
Sometime you don’t have to fight to be a man"

thinking.gif thinking.gif thinking.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 20 Nov 2006 7:59 am) *

looking forward for its return welcome.gif

QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:34 pm) *

hmmm .... see photo cannot see how the other perform, see the live action will understand better. next time dun just send fish, send yourself to the battle ground.

Hmmm.......old doc participate in comp. secretly and quitely never let RG know........ thinking.gif thinking.gif thinking.gif

And, this time go international liao! beg2.gif
goldrush
Hey Blackie's back and very much alive.Now under 0.3%salt and Methylene bath. happydance1.gif

Hey whether domestic or international still unable to win leh but spirit not dampen........ see you all at Aquarama smile.gif)
The Matrix
fins torn ??? can't be leh ... anyway, back alive is good liao.

Every competition only a formula ... tunghoi, tunghoi, tunghoi ... other than that ... luck.

yr black not black leh ... very dull, no shine. no mass, consider very thin.
chochiss
Goldrush,

which one is your fish??
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:45 pm) *

fins torn ??? can't be leh ... anyway, back alive is good liao.

Every competition only a formula ... tunghoi, tunghoi, tunghoi ... other than that ... luck.

yr black not black leh ... very dull, no shine. no mass, consider very thin.

Luckily fish not torn so need not sing that "Coward of the Compe" song

anyway this fish was never groomed for this compe.It was a last minute entry(to make up the numbers rolleyes.gif .It has been kept indoor eversince in that purigen experimental tank.Will try to feed more .Any way to increase the height of this fish? thinking.gif

QUOTE(chochiss @ Tue, 21 Nov 2006 1:42 am) *

Goldrush,

which one is your fish??

The black Ryukin.Will show you pic if got time. hi.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 21 Nov 2006 8:22 am) *

Will try to feed more .Any way to increase the height of this fish? thinking.gif

how to ahh ... buy Tunghoi Show quality fish lor.

The grand champ fish is very rare. This is a totally different class from the normal high quality ryukin we seen or kept before. Probably 1 in a few millions or hundred millions. And I must admit the owner has kept it very well for months. Quite an outstanding piece.

There are also many high quality fish and rare fish in the show. Other than the grand champ, there are the latest special black white ryukin ( not the same type as the one at Aquarama ). shiny scale ryukin, blue pom pom, shiny scale dragon eyes butterfly.
cheangv
Any pics of all this interesting goldfish?
goldrush
Hey I don't play so high stake leh

不要叫我买东海
否者送我到西天
death.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(cheangv @ Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:44 am) *

Any pics of all this interesting goldfish?

I believe u have already seen the pic ... anyway got time then i put up. Need to edit the pic for protection.
goldrush
When I try to put pen to paper to draw this Aquafair Champ,I can't help noticing a distinct Malayan archipelago inscribed on its beautiful body.....reminding us it took this coveted title in Malaysia!

IPB Image

good_very.gif
chochiss
be ready.....this grand champ will be coming over to your Aquarama to compete!
jasonq
Dear all, these are the pictures to the winning fishes in Malaysia Aquafair 2006.

Ryukin Category:

1st / Grand Champion
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image

Oranda Category:

1st
IPB Image

Another picture of the same fish
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image
jasonq
Ranchu Category

1st
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image

Pearl Scales Category

1st
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image
jasonq
Dragon Eye

1st
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image

Open Category

1st
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image
jasonq
Enough of fishes, here are some of the participants of the fair.

Some of the winners:
IPB Image

IPB Image
The winners were from the GOLDfish Counting game organised by CGCC and Subang Aquatic Export
(The prize presenter is Mr Jason Kew, president of The Malaysian Cellini Goldfish Culture Club)

IPB Image
Mr Soon, Grand Champion
IPB Image
Ranchu Champion from Indonesia
IPB Image
Moor Champion, Mr. Soon (they are brothers)
IPB Image
VGC member, Singapore
IPB Image
Mr. Soon
IPB Image
VGC member, Sinapore
IPB Image

IPB Image

Both are from Amazon Image Malaysia, prizes for Open Class.
(The Prize presenter is the Head of Fishery Department, Tuan Ismail)
jasonq
Others involved..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
Orders of winners a few wrong leh ...

Ryukin 2nd and 3rd opposite place
Ranchu 1st and 3rd opposite place
Dragon 1st is 2nd placing, 3rd is the black short tail. But u place 2nd and 3rd same fish.
1st prize is a calico long tail butterfly.

Oranda 2nd and 3rd opposite place

pearl correct. open i need to check ...
desireless
Sorry it was my fault.... tongue.gif The attachments were arranged the wrong manner. I've assumed that the attachments were arranged according to the fishes' ranking.

I have corrected those that you mentioned. Let me know about the open cat and I will edit his post accordingly.
jasonq
Hi All,

Sorry that the arrangement of the pictures in the attachment were not always in the order of the prizes. Thanks Matrix for making correction as he is in the better position to do so... bigwink.gif

If i'm not wrong the open cat. is correct.

Regarding prizes giving, the first two pictures are the winner of Goldfish Counting game, organised by Cellini Goldsfish Culture Club (CGCC) and Subang Aquatic Export.

Following are pictures on the winners of the Goldfish Competition. The prizes presenter is the Head of Fishery Department, Tuan Ismail. some winners are members of VGC lo! That is why they are familiar to some of you.

The Champion of each class: beg2.gif

Ryukin - Mr Soon, Malaysia
Moor - Mr Soon, Malaysia
Oranda - VGC member, Singapore
Pearlscale - VGC member, Singapore
Ranchu - Indonesia
Open - ???

If everything going alright, being brotherhood in the same hobby, CGCC will help Mr Soon to show his fish in Singapore Aquarama 2007.

Thanks for helping CGCC to load the pictures up for all. peace.gif

jasonq
The Matrix
CORRECTION :

Oranda and Pearl 1st prize went to 2 Singaporeans but they are NOT members or in any way associated to Vermillion Goldfish Club (SG) or VGC as known to many.

If anyone declare that he is a member, let me know immediately.
chochiss
Pearlscale First Prize - Bro HN Lim

Congrats!
ranchu8
Hi, who won the 1st prize oranda section?
desireless
That oranda was submitted by Samgoldfish, a local commercial entity.

Pretty small fish. I guess size is not the emphasis for this competition. Colour maybe? thinking.gif
chochiss
body structure & swim style I guess.....size is not the main thing.
goldrush
Oh yes saw that fish in real life.It has vivid contrasting colors and good structure but the kink at its first ray of its dorsal blemish what should have been an otherwise perfect oranda good_very.gif
The Matrix
At most near perfect Thai oranda but far from a perfect China Oranda.
chochiss
any picture sampling? to show the difference of course........
The Matrix
sorry no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.