Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd National Ranchu Competition 2007 Discussion
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
namaste
dear RG members,

I am writing on behalf of Vanda Ranchu Club to inform you that the 3rd National Ranchu Competition 2007 will be delayed till next year December. We hope to facilitate better time schedule for our foreign Visitors as the previous timing was hectic for our some of our honorable Judges. Therefore, I wish to apologise to all Participants, Sponsors and Visitors as I understood some were a little disappointed with the delay. However, I hope to seek everyone's kind understanding with our difficulties and hope you can continue to support the show.

Nevertheless, please do not hesitate to clarify with me should you have any questions.

Yours Sincerely,
Desmond Lee
The Matrix
As a participants, you have given us around 365 days to groom our fishes. There is no way to find 365 reasons for not being prepared.

peace.gif
goldrush
Wah tosai become nisai,nisai become oya loh blink.gif

365- days is a long way to groom
Some will be over the hill,some will meet its doom
A fish will often reach its peak but unable to maintain its bloom
That's what to expect,that's what looooooom............
:sad
The Matrix
can one lah ...
1 .. groom small fish just nice lah
2 .. save a dollar a day to buy a fish worth 360

with this delay, i will expect a lots of large oya in the show. see small fish very sian one.
lik dat i also feel like grooming one liao lah.
CP
Dear Desmond,

With the competition held in December, VRC can now classify the Tosais, Nisai and Oyas by age instead of lenght,which has created much debate over the last two competitions.

Is VRC adopting the age or length classification system this time round?

Rgds
CP
The Matrix
There is no way to tell the age unless all the participants are very close to each other and know each other fish whole year round. Can just imagine if really to use age, then there won't be any junior tosai class liao.

December also good lah. Maybe got super rich guy buy the champions of ARJS and the standard of local show will jump sky high. We small small players smell no smoke. On the positive side, we have a good chance to see many clubs and ARJS results and it will be a challenge for us to groom a good fish out of our stocks.

Oh ya, Desmond, will it be only TVR or as usual SVR included ?
namaste
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:08 am) *

Wah tosai become nisai,nisai become oya loh blink.gif

365- days is a long way to groom
Some will be over the hill,some will meet its doom
A fish will often reach its peak but unable to maintain its bloom
That's what to expect,that's what looooooom............
:sad

hello Doc,

Ranchu is patience....
Remember this phrase highlighted by our Ranchu Master Geert...hehehe! lol.gif
So it is never too late or sorry... peace.gif

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Desmond Lee
namaste
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:58 pm) *

There is no way to tell the age unless all the participants are very close to each other and know each other fish whole year round. Can just imagine if really to use age, then there won't be any junior tosai class liao.

December also good lah. Maybe got super rich guy buy the champions of ARJS and the standard of local show will jump sky high. We small small players smell no smoke. On the positive side, we have a good chance to see many clubs and ARJS results and it will be a challenge for us to groom a good fish out of our stocks.

Oh ya, Desmond, will it be only TVR or as usual SVR included ?

hello Mr Lau,

I agree with Matrix's remark regards to the age and size classification issue. And honestly speakly, I also hope we can do age categorization like Japan did! Even put the same class into the same big tub/pond during judging. But I think we are not ready to handle such complexity. Maybe a few more shows later.... laugh.gif
Nevertheless, we maybe able to allow the Judges to screen through the participating fish first and do necessary re-classification if the Judges think the specific fish is in possible wrong class before performing the actual judging. yes.gif

hello Matrix,

Yes, we will plan for both TV and SV for the competition. But it is still subjected to the participation rate whether we should organize the specific classifications, as you know to setup and dismantle SV tank is very time consuming and labor intensive. faint.gif

Thanks for you clarification.

Regards,
Desmond Lee
The Matrix
Like that i anyhow submit 10 big fish entries or oya but actually bench in 10 smaller fish maybe tosai ... major upset in your final planning leh. Like that everyone also can just hamtum any number of fish then let the organiser sort it out. Organiser very the free to do all these ah. Carry basins here and there ah.

Submitting of fish according to the size classification governed by the organiser is the responsibility of the participants.

Actually from the past show, sure to have nice fish one lah. Participants are getting more active in competition. Good to see that.

Oh well ... i believe it will be a good chance to relook at some of the questions we have raised during the previous show.
WorldDelight
Thumbs up Desmond !!!!! good_very.gif

I felt that size classification would suit the participants here. All the points have already been made known by you. Very excited about the upcoming competition but will have to bear with another year... sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif

Cheers to all peace.gif
namaste
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 22 Nov 2006 3:56 pm) *

Like that i anyhow submit 10 big fish entries or oya but actually bench in 10 smaller fish maybe tosai ... major upset in your final planning leh. Like that everyone also can just hamtum any number of fish then let the organiser sort it out. Organiser very the free to do all these ah. Carry basins here and there ah.

The official can do the first round screening at the bench in area if obviously wrong entries spotted. If not, I agree with you. I think not only the organiser will become "seow" (crazy). I think the Judges too!!! siaoleow.gif
namaste
QUOTE(WorldDelight @ Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:58 pm) *

Thumbs up Desmond !!!!! good_very.gif

I felt that size classification would suit the participants here. All the points have already been made known by you. Very excited about the upcoming competition but will have to bear with another year... sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif
Cheers to all peace.gif

Thanks for your opinion.
VRC hopes the planning for the upcoming National Competition can be as smooth as possible.
Organising such show is always difficult even it is not our first time.

Hence I always hope and seek everyone's kind understanding, support and appreciation.

And I believe the quality of the Ranchu will be even better than last year......
I am excited and looking forward to the show too. smile.gif)
The Matrix
QUOTE(namaste @ Thu, 23 Nov 2006 9:16 am) *

The official can do the first round screening at the bench in area if obviously wrong entries spotted. If not, I agree with you. I think not only the organiser will become "seow" (crazy). I think the Judges too!!! siaoleow.gif

In every show, sure to have fishes disqualify. Somehow, participants simply bo-chap, care-less attitude, really dunno fish, wrong perception or depends on the seller to tell them what is the fish ... How often we see fishes place into wrong class, wrong size, sick or damaged. The problem dun lies on the organiser but the participants need to pay the price for their mistakes.

Actually judges won't hv any problem one lah. They are very experience in any varieties and classification.
namaste
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:07 am) *

In every show, sure to have fishes disqualify. Somehow, participants simply bo-chap, care-less attitude, really dunno fish, wrong perception or depends on the seller to tell them what is the fish ... How often we see fishes place into wrong class, wrong size, sick or damaged. The problem dun lies on the organiser but the participants need to pay the price for their mistakes.

Actually judges won't hv any problem one lah. They are very experience in any varieties and classification.

Thanks..
I know where you are coming from..... yes.gif
If every participants think like you.... laugh.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(namaste @ Thu, 23 Nov 2006 3:22 pm) *

Thanks..
I know where you are coming from..... yes.gif
If every participants think like you.... laugh.gif

as an organiser, i got no time to think for them. 1001 things to settle. the worst thing is i need to squeeze time out to smoke. sweatingbullets.gif
namaste
dear RG members,
The time has finally arrived.....

On behalf of Vanda Ranchu Club, I wish to inform you that the 3rd National Ranchu Competition will be held on 9th December 2007.
The venue has been changed to Braddell Height Community Club
For more information, please visit http://www.braddellheights.org.sg/index.asp

Judges for Top View Ranchu (show cards method)
Mr. Geert Coppens from Belgium http://www.willcoproducts.be/hozonkai/index.php

Mr. Takahashi from Japan http://csx.jp/~t-ranchu/

Mr. Aokoban from Thailand

Judges for Side View Ranchu
Mr. Sura Mongkol from Thailand

It is a great honour for Vanda Ranchu Club to have the prestigious foreign Judges and Guests to witness and participate the coming show. I hope RG members cherish this rare opportunity to meet them in person.

Due to the venue matters we are trying to re-solve, I apologise for the unusual late announcement.
Once again, thanks for your kind patience and stay tune for more information soon.

Best Regards,
Desmond Lee
http://vandaranchuclub.com/
bekko
Comgratulations on getting such esteemed judges Desmond. I wish I could be there but know there will be many photos when the day comes.

-steve
goldrush
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

What are the categories in terms of size available for competition?How much is the entry fees?
CP
Wah doc so exicted like sex deprived long time then got chance to see XXX shows. biggrin.gif

I am sure you are well loaded with ammunations this time round. whistle.gif
ranchu8
Well done, Vanda Ranchu Club and Desmond good_very.gif I am certain the Ranchus participating will be beautiful ones smile.gif All Ranchu hobbyists should participate as far as possible as it will be an honour to have the highly respected judges judging smile.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Sat, 06 Oct 2007 7:55 pm) *

Wah doc so exicted like sex deprived long time then got chance to see XXX shows. biggrin.gif

I am sure you are well loaded with ammunations this time round. whistle.gif

kekeke alot of ammo but blanks or blinds still laugh.gif

Notice SV got only ONE judge unlike tvr got 3.........can be very subjective in judging sad.gif

Most of my fish Chinese in origin leh but got a Thai judge...........so may end up........ longpia.gif
CP
You can send in your Thai blacks mah.............
But me also likely sending blacks leh........... sad.gif

And we fight each other liao...... starwars.gif
namaste
QUOTE(bekko @ Sat, 06 Oct 2007 4:44 pm) *

Comgratulations on getting such esteemed judges Desmond. I wish I could be there but know there will be many photos when the day comes.

-steve

Thanks Steve.
We will try to share as many event photos as possible.
We are lucky to have RG forum to reach every International Hobbyists.
Although we are far from each others, but we communicate almost everyday!!!
namaste
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 06 Oct 2007 7:28 pm) *

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

What are the categories in terms of size available for competition?How much is the entry fees?

The categories and the fee will be more or less same as the previous.
Please be patence.
We are trying to re-solve some technical issue with regards to the fee collection with the relevant CC.
I will keep everyone posted promptly
But please help to spread the news as much, especially to those hobbyists who don't connect themselves virtually. laugh.gif

QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:52 am) *

Well done, Vanda Ranchu Club and Desmond good_very.gif I am certain the Ranchus participating will be beautiful ones smile.gif All Ranchu hobbyists should participate as far as possible as it will be an honour to have the highly respected judges judging smile.gif

Thanks Lawerence! yes.gif
VRC members will do their best to manage good show.
Although this is our third time running the show, we will not be complacent. yes.gif
I agree with you VERY MUCH that All Ranchu hobbyists should take this golden opportunity.
It doesn't comes often.....kekeke!!! laugh.gif
namaste
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:47 am) *

kekeke alot of ammo but blanks or blinds still laugh.gif

Notice SV got only ONE judge unlike tvr got 3.........can be very subjective in judging sad.gif

Most of my fish Chinese in origin leh but got a Thai judge...........so may end up........ longpia.gif

hey Doc,
The judges that we have invited are super neutral in nature.
I hope our past shows had more or less convinced every participants how professional our honourable Judges can be. biggrin2.gif
So please do not worry about favourtism. yes.gif
goldrush
No no I'm not doubting the credentials of these judges but as in all shows(fish,dogs beauty contest,star search,american idols etc),it is better to have more than one judge and odd in number to better assess the contestants without prejudice or preference. blush.gif
I hope I'm not asking for too much as I know bringing in such internationally renowned judges don't come cheap apart from the time taken and other related issues.Just a suggestion peace.gif

QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:14 am) *

You can send in your Thai blacks mah.............
But me also likely sending blacks leh........... sad.gif

And we fight each other liao...... starwars.gif

Your blacks in Cat A mine in Cat B................Where got fight huh? sweatingbullets.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:09 pm) *

Your blacks in Cat A mine in Cat B................Where got fight huh? sweatingbullets.gif

You undermine me har...........................?
May be another 2 months Cat B liao.............
ranchu8
I thank Vanda Ranchu Club and Desmond for being direct in naming the judges from the outset. I think it is of utmost importance for a hobbyist to know who the judges are first before participating as I know my Ranchu will be judged fairly. I am confident that the judging for the 3rd National Ranchu Competition 2007 will be first class smile.gif This is also based on my experience in the 2nd National Ranchu Competition and the points given to all the top view Ranchus which participated and which can be viewed by all (hopefully this will still be the same smile.gif). It was certainly an open and fair competition. This is why all hobbyists should participate as far as possible. In the last competition, points were given to our Ranchus and we can compare our grooming with the Ranchus of other hobbyists and we will certainly learn from the experience, besides the fun of it. We will not learn anything if points are given for the wrong reasons.

This will no doubt be a national competition smile.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:36 pm) *

You undermine me har...........................?
May be another 2 months Cat B liao.............

Don't forget blacks are relatively slow in growth rolleyes.gif

So based on previous year categorisation,yours should still be under 14cm by year end rusure.gif
white horse T1
GOT BLACK cat only meh? also mix with the rest what...
CP
Ya, blacks are lumped into the SV category, together with the rest.
goldrush
Blacks usually disadvantage somehow sad.gif against colored varieties

OR OR ARM ARM (hokkien black black dark dark) usually don't win big prize : wacko.gif
white horse T1
letme go check my fat bronze tongue.gif black fish still alive or not, will also throw in to fight yrs.
Ranchu_fan
Hi guys,
Up to now, seems there is no update yet from club, no detail information how to join the competition and etc. It's only 1 month + to competition date. sad.gif
dcd
QUOTE(Ranchu_fan @ Sat, 27 Oct 2007 1:07 pm) *

Hi guys,
Up to now, seems there is no update yet from club, no detail information how to join the competition and etc. It's only 1 month + to competition date. sad.gif

Dear all,

Kindly be patient, the organising committee is looking into the procedure of registering, this year we are looking into making registeration easier and hopfully islandwide too, to encourage more particpation. It should be ready by next week.

Smiles. biggrin2.gif

Dcd
namaste
dear All,

I would like to inform you that Mr. Takahashi is not coming to Singapore. Nevertheless, VRC have managed to invite Mr Tomonori Deguchi instead to be the Top View Judge.

I sincerely apologise on behalf of Braddell Heights CC, Yuhua CC for the delay due to many colaboration parties and processes.

I will be sharing the competition detail very soon.

Appreciate for your kind patience.

Regards,
Desmond Lee
goldrush
ok I did some intelligence (recce) at the site of operation tonight and got some pic upload for your appreciation of situation.Sorry due to darkness ,pic may not be very clear.Any way here are some salient features that caught my eyes that may of interest to participants for that day.

First the location

Perch at the junction of Serangoon Ave 2 and 3

IPB Image

The signboard

IPB Image

The community club is to the right of the neighbourhood police post

IPB Image

Here's the full view of the NPP

IPB Image

This is the front view of the CC

IPB Image

Notice all round stairways to the competition area which can impede access as we are carrying quite a heavy load sweatingbullets.gif

IPB Image

Never to worry....I found a ramp(for wheel chair bound personnel) next to the police post where we can wheel our exhibits on our trolleys.Here:

IPB Image

Carparks

You can park across the road(Serangoon Ave 3)

IPB Image

Or the side road(just before the CC) leading to a multistorey carpark which I find a bit too far hmm.gif

IPB Image
goldrush
I am not too sure whether you can park within the cc but I saw an entrance leading to a carpark in the building along Serangoon Ave 2.Perhaps some bros can enlighten or check it out.

Here is a PANNED video to summarise what I have highlighted above for a better understanding peace.gif

Goodluck to all who are participating
yes.gif
namaste
hello Doc,

Thanks you so much with the effort in covering the venue infomation. good_very.gif

dear All participants,
I like to present you the prestigious medal (15cm diameter) for the Most Potential Ranchu in the TV Category by The Ranchu Brotherhood. This special medal is presented by the esteemed judge Mr. Geert Coppens and designed by Walter Daems.

This is going to be truly exciting!!!

Regards,
Desmond Lee

IPB Image
TVR Lover
Hi Sir,

Can we bring our own water for the competition?
namaste
QUOTE(TVR Lover @ Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:03 am) *

Hi Sir,

Can we bring our own water for the competition?

hello TVR Lover,

Thanks for your question.
So sorry to mention own water is not allowed.
The water will be supplied.

Regards,
Desmond Lee
TVR Lover
QUOTE(namaste @ Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:20 am) *

hello TVR Lover,

Thanks for your question.
So sorry to mention own water is not allowed.
The water will be supplied.

Regards,
Desmond Lee

Hi Desmond,

Thanks for replying. Will it be aged water used and is there any special precautions taken to make sure the water is safe for all the fishes taking part?

Rgds
desireless
As observed in the past 2 competitions, they are using de-chlorinated water.

Aging water is obselete for Singaporean water anyway, if you have been reading around in this forum.
ranchu8
QUOTE(TVR Lover @ Thu, 15 Nov 2007 4:34 pm) *

Hi Desmond,

Thanks for replying. Will it be aged water used and is there any special precautions taken to make sure the water is safe for all the fishes taking part?

Rgds

The above suggests that aged water is better or safer, and this is a mistake.

From my observations, none of the Ranchus have been sick due to the water used in the past competition. If so, most of the Ranchus would not have been as they were.
TVR Lover
Would really hoped to hear from the organizers themselves, thanks.
namaste
hello TVR Lover,
So sorry with my late reply. salute.gif

Can I presume you have no experience with participating in the any Goldfish Competitions? So far I never heard of any shows allow participants to use own water. Maybe I am wrong but it would be a chaos to do that.

We had discussed this topic quite extensively in this forum.
What Desireless and Ranchu9 mentioned were their real experiences with their participation in the past 2 National Ranchu Competitions. It is true that the water used is de-chlorinated.

I would like to suggest you can ask feedback from those who have the experiences in the past 2 shows and browse further in this forum for more feedback information.

Hope you find the answer is satisfactory. yes.gif
Look forward to your support and participation. hi.gif

Thanks,
Desmond Lee
TVR Lover
QUOTE(namaste @ Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:08 am) *

hello TVR Lover,
So sorry with my late reply. salute.gif

Can I presume you have no experience with participating in the any Goldfish Competitions? So far I never heard of any shows allow participants to use own water. Maybe I am wrong but it would be a chaos to do that.

We had discussed this topic quite extensively in this forum.
What Desireless and Ranchu9 mentioned were their real experiences with their participation in the past 2 National Ranchu Competitions. It is true that the water used is de-chlorinated.

I would like to suggest you can ask feedback from those who have the experiences in the past 2 shows and browse further in this forum for more feedback information.

Hope you find the answer is satisfactory. yes.gif
Look forward to your support and participation. hi.gif

Thanks,
Desmond Lee

Dear Desmond,

Thanks for clarifying and yes u r absolutely right to say I have no experience in goldfish competitions at all tongue.gif

Guess you had given me the assurance so it's not necessary to ask further. laugh.gif

Thank you once again and I will definitely be there to suppot and participate. wink.gif
namaste
hello RG brothers,

I like to inform you that the Side view category has reached the CC quota entries.
Therefore the entries for SV cat A and B are closed with immediate effect.

I would like to urge those who plan to enter Top view entries to make the registrations quickly.
This is to avoid diappointment should the TV entries may reach the entries quota soon.

Please spread the information to those potential participants with constraint in accessing internet.
Thank for you kind attention and co-operation
Best Regards,
Desmond Lee

IPB Image
Damo
Good luck to all of you. I'm sure we will get loads of pictures after the competition
namaste
dear Participants,

Please be reminded to bring the confirmed entries slip during bench-in for verification. It is to facilitate administrative convenience.
Thanks for your kind co-operation.

Regards,
Desmond Lee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.